What’s the point of living after your world has been destroyed? A fun read, part of The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series, that tackles many questions raised by what many critics call the best show on television (whether you enjoy sci-fi or not). What other TV show would have you sympathize with suicide bombers, or use “All Along The Watchtower” as a plot device?
For the less initiated with Battlestar, this book covers all you’d want to know about the series:
– Are Cylons (synthetic lifeforms) persons?
– Can (the hero) Starbuck be free if she has a special destiny?
– Is it ethical to cut one’s losses and leave people behind?
– Is collaboration with the enemy ever the right move?
– Is humanity a “flawed creation”?
– Should we share the Cylon goal of “transhumanism”?
A fanastic read for all those waiting for the final season, and those looking to get started in the mythos and the provocative questions the series raises…
From a recent EW spread, The Last Supper as posed by Battlestar Gallactica characters.