Ever Dream This Man?

Every night throughout the world hundreds of people dream about this face.

WEIRD. This is like something out of Twin Peaks. Or a Todd Barry comedy routine.

from thisman.org

HISTORY

In January 2006 in New York, the patient of a well-known psychiatrist draws the face of a man that has been repeatedly appearing in her dreams. In more than one occasion that man has given her advice on her private life. The woman swears she has never met the man in her life.

That portrait lies forgotten on the psychiatrist’s desk for a few days until one day another patient recognizes that face and says that the man has often visited him in his dreams. He also claims he has never seen that man in his waking life.

The psychiatrist decides to send the portrait to some of his colleagues that have patients with recurrent dreams. Within a few months, four patients recognize the man as a frequent presence in their own dreams. All the patients refer to him as THIS MAN.

From January 2006 until today, at least 2000 people have claimed they have seen this man in their dreams, in many cities all over the world: Los Angeles, Berlin, Sao Paulo, Tehran, Beijing, Rome, Barcelona, Stockholm, Paris, New Dehli, Moskow etc.

At the moment there is no ascertained relation or common trait among the people that have dreamed of seeing this man. Moreover, no living man has ever been recognized as resembling the man of the portrait by the people who have seen this man in their dreams.

The aim of this website is:
- to help those who have seen this man in their dreams and to foster communication among them;
- to understand who this man is and why he appears in an apparently pattern-less array of situations in the dreams of such diverse human subjects.

READ TESTIMONIALS

, ,

58 Responses to Ever Dream This Man?

1. kruton October 14, 2009 at 3:36 pm #

Perhaps the brain's idea of a “generic” face happens to look like this man? Anyway, it's quite interesting.

2. ralph October 14, 2009 at 4:32 pm #

Wow interesting, the explanations on the site are great, one being this is the face of God. Yes folks, God has a monobrow.

• Mpmlam February 7, 2011 at 2:08 am #

It looks like Mister Rogers that why so many people know the face, him and his kids TV show has now aired everywhere in the world.

3. WF October 14, 2009 at 7:03 pm #

Sorry to break it to you, but if you do a WHOIS on the domain…

Registrant email: a.natella@guerrigliamarketing.it

And then, http://framework.v2.nl/archive/archive/leaf/oth

“Andrea Natella was born and lives in Rome. He is the creative director of guerrigliamarketing.it, sociologist and journalist investigating youth culture and media communication, and a writer for TV programs about magic. Using a variety of pseudonyms, he has published essays on UFO”s, extreme sex and the art of sabotage. In 1995 he was known as Luther Blissett.

Founded in Italy in 2003 guerrigliamarketing.it, is an advertising agency that uses non-conventional communication techniques, like the creation of fictitious events or campaigns reaching the limits of legality, through which “fuck the market in order to enter it”, entering the media system and taking away the automatism communication. Projects include a.o.: Rottama il Brand (Wreck the Brand), Shock and Hoax, Spazio Disponibile (Available Space), Espropriproletari (proletarian expropriation), and Where-Next. “

Christ, be a bit more skeptic next time and do a bit of research, you rubes.

4. WF October 14, 2009 at 7:06 pm #

*That should be “skeptical”, of course.

• ralph October 14, 2009 at 9:00 pm #

Well, the site is called “disinformation” after all.

Still a funny marketing stunt. Man, I was hoping God had a monobrow.

5. Just sayin October 14, 2009 at 9:59 pm #

What mystery? That's Saul Markham, he lives on King St. in Lancaster, Ohio. Everybody knows Saul.

6. Noel October 15, 2009 at 3:38 am #

hmm… and all this time I thought that guy was my colleague Mayank Nawani

7. Name October 15, 2009 at 11:44 pm #

This guy looks a bit like Timothy McVeigh, which would explain why they can't find a living person who this looks like.

8. Andrew Tuttle October 16, 2009 at 12:53 pm #

That SOB owes me $20!

9. jonathanstatski October 18, 2009 at 5:39 pm #

No I never dreamed him. I wonder if dreams do have some sort of connection though. Need more evidence of this.

10. Name October 18, 2009 at 7:42 pm #

Luther Blissett, he shoots, he scores!

• Name October 29, 2009 at 6:49 am #

Blam! I found him. It's Paul Scheer. He is the dream catcher, the creator, the jungian archetype.

11. Carlo October 30, 2009 at 7:35 pm #

I have seen this man.. many years ago.. his name is Mr beans on toast……
    I think he is probably dead now.

12. julie November 4, 2009 at 2:58 pm #

I never dreamed of him but jee i sure hope i dont. he looks like a homosapien

• Taylor February 15, 2011 at 8:44 pm #

You do know that a homosapien is a human, right?

13. malilah January 1, 2010 at 11:04 am #

this man is the devil. he can't be god. god wouldnt have homosexual sex. sorry to dissapoint everyone.

14. Leah February 2, 2010 at 12:05 pm #

I haven't seen that man in my dreams yet, but I bet I'll see him today after this! :P

15. sdfsdfzx April 11, 2010 at 2:46 pm #

I swear this guy looks like Ted Bundy

16. Daniel3927 June 25, 2010 at 4:10 pm #

that's my dad

• Salazar Slytherin November 29, 2010 at 11:28 am #

WHAT R U JOKING????

17. Adam Foley July 3, 2010 at 6:56 am #

Well, I have seen him in my dreams, he drives in a black car (in my point of view) and he shoots children in their dreams, but they survive in real life, I had this dream many times when I was a child, and they came out from a forest, and normally if you are in a house it is mostly a mansion.

18. John Pecquex July 19, 2010 at 5:06 pm #

I saw him, well his facebook, in a dream last night.

19. John Pecquex July 19, 2010 at 12:06 pm #

I saw him, well his facebook, in a dream last night.

20. Salazar Slytherin November 29, 2010 at 3:28 pm #

WHAT R U JOKING????

21. Guest November 29, 2010 at 4:54 pm #

This guy was in my dream!!! I swear!! I read last night that you only see faces in your dream that you have seen in real life. Any then I thought of this face thinking that it was strange how I haven’t seen this one in real life to my knowledge. In the dream I think we were dating. It was odd. Only seen him once from what I can recall and it was the uni-brow that makes me most sure it was him. Or maybe…just someone else with a uni-brow, but the overall ape like appearance is similar. Very strange that I found this post a day after thinking all of this.

22. Guest November 29, 2010 at 4:54 pm #

23. Guest November 29, 2010 at 12:54 pm #

24. Thinking guy November 29, 2010 at 6:07 pm #

This man looks like an archetype for humans the world round. He comes off almost ape-like and does not have any particularly unique features; since humans are related to apes they would probably feel comfort or at least familiarity with a face like this one. Also the lack of features plays into imagination. This is a very basic and universal face and dreams are very hazy and hard to remember, so giving the people a definite, concrete picture of face with few unique features, will cause them, through power of suggestion, to “recognize” this person.

25. Thinking guy November 29, 2010 at 2:07 pm #

• Apu Nahasapeemapetilon May 27, 2011 at 4:22 pm #

of course you know that this is nothing but a viral marketing research campaign? Do your research, know it all mother fucker

• thedudelives June 8, 2011 at 2:31 pm #

those eyebrows are unique in my part of the woods.

26. ColMatrix November 29, 2010 at 6:12 pm #

I have seen this man. Several years ago I had a dream of a WWII type of scenario where we were underneath a japanese barracks. I was armed only with a .45. This man was there with me. It is very strange. What does all this mean?

27. ColMatrix November 29, 2010 at 2:12 pm #

28. The Lone Wanderer November 29, 2010 at 9:25 pm #

Good thought.

29. ChrisMcNich November 29, 2010 at 7:15 pm #

it’s moe out of the simpsons!

30. ChrisMcNich November 29, 2010 at 11:15 pm #

it’s moe out of the simpsons!

31. Anon November 30, 2010 at 2:48 am #

Have not seen him in my dreams.

32. Anon November 30, 2010 at 6:48 am #

Have not seen him in my dreams.

33. player November 30, 2010 at 5:36 am #

You cant dream of a face you’ve never seen before. Your brain cant make up faces while you sleep. They have to come from real people you’ve seen around

34. player November 30, 2010 at 9:36 am #

35. Claram888 January 8, 2011 at 6:16 pm #

That’s just freaky, but I swear i’ve seen him somewhere…

36. Claram888 January 8, 2011 at 2:16 pm #

That’s just freaky, but I swear i’ve seen him somewhere…

37. Anonymous January 17, 2011 at 8:50 am #

it’s Edmund Ventura from Vanilla Sky.

38. cleonswoboda January 17, 2011 at 4:50 am #

it’s Edmund Ventura from Vanilla Sky.

39. Thisman January 29, 2011 at 2:38 am #

Thisman needs more cowbell.

40. Thisman January 28, 2011 at 10:38 pm #

Thisman needs more cowbell.

41. retarded marshian February 6, 2011 at 6:47 am #

he looks like drake bell from drake n josh

42. retarded marshian February 6, 2011 at 2:47 am #

he looks like drake bell from drake n josh

43. Mpmlam February 7, 2011 at 6:08 am #

44. Taylor February 16, 2011 at 12:44 am #

You do know that a homosapien is a human, right?

45. Apu Nahasapeemapetilon May 27, 2011 at 8:22 pm #

46. TheTruthSayer June 6, 2011 at 4:21 am #

@font-face {
    font-family: “Cambria”;
    }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: “Times New Roman”; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; } Last night I totally dreamed this man in my dreams. So weird. We were standing on a hill and he gave me a bunch of flowers. I think we were on a date. Weird.

47. TheTruthSayer June 6, 2011 at 12:21 am #

@font-face {
    font-family: “Cambria”;

48. Anonymous June 8, 2011 at 6:31 pm #

those eyebrows are unique in my part of the woods.

49. Mike Jones August 21, 2011 at 8:40 pm #

Anyone else notice how Moscow is spelled Moskow…?  I would think an educated psychiatrist would be able to spell.

50. Mike Jones August 21, 2011 at 4:40 pm #