The Anti Defamation League goes all out to discredit popular Texas talk radio host and filmmaker Alex Jones:
With conspiracy talk-show host Alex Jones leading the way, one of the most disturbing trends in 2009 has been the resurrection and proliferation of some of the same anti-government conspiracy theories that so riled up domestic extremists in the 1990s. Such theories had been less popular in the 2000s, but Obama’s election gave anti-government conspiracy theorists a new focus for their efforts, a new light in which they could re-cast some of the old theories, and a willingness to come up with new conspiracies. More extreme than the “birther” conspiracy theory, these theories allege dark, violent designs on the part of the federal government.
Anti-Government Conspiracy Theories and Their Transmission
Though there are many conspiracy theories and numerous permutations, three are particularly entrenched among anti-government extremists:
- Imposition of Martial Law. The federal government is plotting to declare martial law in the near future as a way to strip Americans of their freedoms and institute the New World Order. The government may utilize or even manufacture a crisis, such as the swine flu epidemic, in order to have an excuse for imposing martial law.
- Gun Confiscation. The government is plotting to embark upon a massive program of gun confiscation, going door to door to take firearms away from American citizens so that they will be unable to resist the New World Order. Police, the military and even foreign troops may be used in the gun confiscation efforts.
- FEMA Concentration Camps. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has constructed hundreds of concentration camps in the United States, designed to hold “dissidents” and other American citizens following some imminent crackdown such as a declaration of martial law.
[continues at the ADL site]
Latest posts by majestic (see all)
- Comic-Con: Pokémon Go Is ‘Totalitarianism,’ Says Oliver Stone - Jul 22, 2016
- Is Pokémon GO just an elaborate ploy to spy on millions of people? - Jul 13, 2016
- Are We At The Start Of A Tech World War? - Jul 8, 2016