Given the polarized nature of our current political climate, it never ceases to amaze me that the people who claim to be guided by the most spiritual of intentions end up acting like villians. Are the fundies the real Satanic conspiracy? I’ve often wondered, much like this writer for the Huffington Post:
It’s clear that America’s Founding Fathers must have made a pact with the Devil. How else to explain the curse America is so obviously under today? I want to go even farther than Pat Robertson and tell it like it really is!
(Disclosure: back in the 1970s and 80s before I quit the evangelical right, I was on the 700 Club with Pat 6 times, given my late father Francis Schaeffer was a founder of the religious right).
What else besides a punishment for a satanic pact could explain the following?…
- Sarah Palin, who got a heartbeat from the presidency and who believes that health care reform means there will be death panels and that she needed to have witches cast out in a Pentecostal ceremony before she’d run for governor
- A whole subculture of American rooting for the “End Times” and Armageddon
- Pat Robertson who explained 9/11 and now the tragedy of the earthquake in Haiti, as results of God’s wrath and/or satanic dealing.
[Read more at the Huffington Post]
Latest posts by Raymond (see all)
- Burners Invade the Bible-Belt! - Jun 13, 2012
- Everything You Know is Wrong — Disinformation: The Podcast Series Finale - Jan 30, 2012
- Happy 4/20! Top 5 Marijuana Stories from Disinfo.com - Apr 20, 2011