Hot Chicks Smiling at Ground Zero

Which is more disturbing: the fact that they are all smiling, or the fact that there is nothing there? Have a look for yourself

tumblr_krma4oMiVG1qa90sro1_500

16 Comments on "Hot Chicks Smiling at Ground Zero"

1. Tuna Ghost | Jan 11, 2010 at 11:17 pm |

…I can't say I find anything disturbing about these photographs. They're essentially a stranger's vacation photos, and about as interesting. Compared with the set of photos titled “Hot Girls With Dogs With Boners”, or “Hot Girls Picking Up Dog Shit”, these are positively tame.

2. Fuck The World. We will all die.

3. I H Calam | Jan 12, 2010 at 1:26 am |

At first I didn't understand why this was worth mentioning, but it does have visual irony.
    That's the thrust here, right? Or am I just not getting it?

4. emperorreagan | Jan 12, 2010 at 1:48 am |

I thought it was weird when I was at ground zero last time and saw all the people taking their pictures basically with a chainlink fence.

Probably not worth a story sort of weird, but weird nonetheless.

5. these chicks aren't even that hot.

6. It's people taking pictures that they've visited a historical site. There's not really anything at Gettysburg either, it's a big field.

One could say that what this really shows is that people have accepted what happened so that it has now entered the final phase of American history, an incident to be remembered without excessive veneration.

• emperorreagan | Jan 12, 2010 at 12:36 pm |

That may be true, but I would also think it was weird to take a picture of a field at Gettysburg unless you were really into military strategy.

The moment that made history at those locations is in the past, gone without a trace. But that's me projecting my own viewpoint onto others. Maybe they get some feeling of connection out of it.

7. It's people taking pictures that they've visited a historical site. There's not really anything at Gettysburg either, it's a big field.

8. meh. What does anyone expect? I personally believe the 9-11 attacks were orchestrated (not by Bush necessarily but orchestrated nonetheless) so it makes sense to me to see people smiling at ground zero. It's all one big performance and that's NOT to be disrespectful to the lives lost or the soldiers fighting in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan for this ridiculous notion of the war on terror. I'm just not buying the story they're selling.

9. tonyviner | Jan 12, 2010 at 1:46 pm |

Sure it was a horrible day and all of that, although now when I think of it all I see is George Bush and Co. milking it for everything that it was worth. If it would have been beneficial to their political careers they would have rebuilt the WTC and orchestrated another attack on them. Just to bring public opinion polls back into their favor. If I had a dime for every time I have heard a politician use the term 9/11 in order to further the progress of their own agenda I would still be broke because I turned off my TV a long time ago. But this isn't about that, is it? It is about that dumb picture of those hos.

This sort of thing doesn't surprise me. Also I am not offended in the least by it. I can say, though, that it is weird that people weren't at the sight taking pictures like this all along, with the short attention span of the people in this country, I mean, can you believe that the ninth season of American Idol is going to start tonight?

10. spacemonkeytech | Jan 12, 2010 at 4:24 pm |

To me, the disturbing bit is that the Burj Khalifa was started in September of 2004 and finished this year while the WTC was destroyed in September of 2001 and nothing has been built in its place since. What is taking so long?

11. santosfabian | Jan 12, 2010 at 5:33 pm |

i dont see a problem

12. are we supposed to remain depressed forever to show the proper patriotism?
    as a military combat veteran I feel within my rights to say get the f*** over it,
    something bad happened almost 10 years ago, look up the numbers of people
    who die every year from terrorism, warfare, natural disasters and hunger every all over the world, we get off pretty light…..get the f*** over the victim mentality and start living your life

13. are we supposed to remain depressed forever to show the proper patriotism?
    something bad happened almost 10 years ago, look up the numbers of people

14. What pisses me off is the chick on the right is ugly compared to that hottie on the right. Mmm me likie

15. What pisses me off is the chick on the right is ugly compared to that hottie on the right. Mmm me likie