Elton John: Jesus Was Gay

Elton on Parade

Flamboyant British pop icon Elton John is making headlines for a controversial interview in, of all places, Parade, the (usually) boring Sunday newspaper magazine. Some choice samples:

“I think Jesus was a compassionate, super-intelligent gay man who understood human problems. On the cross, he forgave the people who crucified him. Jesus wanted us to be loving and forgiving. I don’t know what makes people so cruel. Try being a gay woman in the Middle East — you’re as good as dead.”

“Just about every relationship I ever had was involved with drugs. It never works. But I always had to be with someone, good or bad, otherwise I didn’t feel fulfilled. I’d lost the plot.”

“For some people a gram of cocaine can last a month. Not me. I have to do the lot, and then I want more. At the end of the day, all it led to was heartache.”

“Princess Diana, Gianni Versace, John Lennon, Michael Jackson, all dead. Two of them shot outside their houses. None of this would have happened if they hadn’t been famous. Fame attracts lunatics. I never had a bodyguard, ever, until Gianni died. I don’t like celebrity anymore.”

[more of Elton’s wisdom at Parade]

majestic

Majestic is gadfly emeritus.

Latest posts by majestic (see all)

27 Comments on "Elton John: Jesus Was Gay"

1. markwalder | Feb 19, 2010 at 10:07 am |

What a twat, funny how so many gay people seem to think that others are gay, or should have been gay, or would have been gay, what is wrong with them? why cant they get on with their gay existence and let others get on with theirs without pushing their ideals down the throats of others. So your gay, get over yourself already, FFS

• Gay people are trying to get on with their “gay existence” but your judgment and ill-concealed disdain for their “gay existence” causes them much pain and grief. Just let it go already. Find peace.

• Word Eater | Feb 19, 2010 at 11:41 am |

It's part of the gay agenda, silly!

• ZombieSlapper | Feb 19, 2010 at 12:42 pm |

You're a bigger homo than Jesus was.

• tonyviner | Feb 19, 2010 at 2:05 pm |

I think Jesus was just bi-curious, and that is only because one of the Roman centurions rape-blew him while he was writhing in agony (ecstasy?) on the cross.

• markwalder | Feb 20, 2010 at 1:40 pm |

What a twatish response, at least if you don't have anything decent to say shut the fuck up idiot.

• tonyviner | Feb 19, 2010 at 2:02 pm |

Someone sounds a little phobic. FABULOUUUUUUUS!!!!!

2. judas priest and you sir elton are gay. leave Jesus out of this one.

3. I had a teacher in film school who said the same thing, citing Jesus' bachelor status at an advanced age, as well as his surrounding himself with a bunch of dudes at all time. It is utterly irrelevant to me, as I doubt the mother fucker even existed.

• Word Eater | Feb 19, 2010 at 11:40 am |

He also hung out with prostitutes and whores.

• Broken Finger | Feb 19, 2010 at 11:47 am |

“He also hung out with prostitutes and whores.”

All of whom were undoubtedly gay.

Does Elton have an album coming out soon that would make a controversy worthwhile, I wonder?

• ZombieSlapper | Feb 19, 2010 at 12:43 pm |

So he was bi? Cool. That would explain the hair and sandals.

4. GoodDoktorBad | Feb 19, 2010 at 1:40 pm |

What would Jesus do (with his penis)? Is that the question? Hahahahahahahaha………

5. Tuna Ghost | Feb 19, 2010 at 1:45 pm |

I pretty much take it as fact that everyone born anywhere at any point in history is gay, including inanimate objects like furniture and appliances

6. This kind of thing is another form of taking the Bible too literally. We don't even know if there was a “Jesus,” so how can we even guess what his orientation was or wasn't?

7. Elton John is a fruitcake.

8. it would almost be worth it to tune in the local christian talk radio station to listen to the emo rage over this

9. wombat247 | Feb 19, 2010 at 11:20 pm |

Elton John also said he thinks American Idol is a racist show.

10. He did walk the desert with 12 men ….in a dress…….now you tell me!.——!…….lol

11. Wouldnt that just throw religion upside down……..That their savior , was gay…..and that was the real reason he was put on the cross………….guess what…its no diffirent then what they do today…..The church would hang every homo on a cross if they could…..Oh wait a minute …….they run the chruchs…Have you sent your son to be a alter boy yet……….?/???? Its a classic case of “Do as I say…not as I do….Ted Haggard!…lmao

• GoodDoktorBad | Feb 20, 2010 at 9:53 pm |

All the gay priests would have an “out of the closet” sex fest in gay -Jesus's name.
      Try not to slip on the alter… boys!

12. We all create God in our own image, so why is it surprising that for the Elton, JaHEEsus was “teh gay”? LOL.

Heck, half the fun of saying something like that has nothing to do with whether he was or wasn't – the fun comes from watching uptight, small “c” christians get their panties in a bunch over the mere suggestion of it. 🙂

13. Word Eater | Feb 25, 2010 at 4:37 am |

I read the Parade with the Elton John interview and none of this stuff was in there.

It isn’t even in the “full interview” posted on their website: http://www.parade.com/celebrity/2010/02/elton-john.html

14. Word Eater | Feb 24, 2010 at 11:37 pm |

It isn't even in the “full interview” posted on their website: http://www.parade.com/celebrity/2010/02/elton-j