FBI Raids Christian Militia In Michigan, Ohio, Indiana

The Detroit News reports that FBI has arrested at least seven members of an apocalyptic Christian militia group called Hutaree in raids conducted in Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana. The Hutaree website describes the militia’s mission as “preparing for the end times to keep the testimony of Jesus Christ alive.” Apparently the arrests were for making violent threats against Islamic organizations and for a plot to kill police officers with pipe bombs. The below video, of members running around in the woods with guns, was taken from their Myspace, and oddly enough is set to a song by ’80s goth-metal band Sisters Of Mercy.

29 Comments on "FBI Raids Christian Militia In Michigan, Ohio, Indiana"

1. maybe If they'd listened to 'fourteen' they'd have been a lot happier!

i Think you'll agree!

2. Hadrian999 | Mar 29, 2010 at 4:21 pm |

at least they didn't let the atf run this

3. technologyslice | Mar 29, 2010 at 8:28 pm |

Good. A bunch of nut jobs are taken off the streets.

4. emperorreagan | Mar 29, 2010 at 9:12 pm |

A staple of goth dance clubs is a weird choice for backing music for a militant Christian organization's video.

5. Just a thought

6. I love 80's goth, post-punk and new/dark wave… also the hardcore & metal scene.
    I also believe in Christ. I guess that makes me a criminal

• Hadrian999 | Mar 30, 2010 at 1:22 am |

just very confused

• nah, I know exactly who I am

• Hadrian999 | Mar 30, 2010 at 1:37 am |

i'm sure you do but you may not know what you are following

• Polymorpheous | Mar 30, 2010 at 11:11 am |

the religion bashing on this site is ridiculous.
            christians, (and for the record i am NOT a christian), have the right to believe whatever they want to believe.

get off your high horses and start excepting people like your liberal mindsets implies. i really get tired of this intellectual elitist attitude.

human beings NEED some sort of spirituality. it helps us stay human as opposed to a bunch of heartless uncaring animals.

• No they don't. It makes them feel better, but they don't need it. I have no use for spirtuality and I'm just fine, I wouldn't have it any other way. I think it's all a crock of shit, and my saying that doesn't oppress you, it's just my opinion.

• “Makes them feel better?” What drugs are you on?
            I would much rather live in a dream world where I just do and screw, whoever I please without the knowledge of “What comes around, goes around” (karma).
            Spirituality, is reality. There are sick people who kill & torture and there are people who heal & love.
            Damn that last sentence sounded corny but you guys need to wise up. Its just my opinion…

• Hadrian999 | Mar 30, 2010 at 3:05 pm |

i didnt bash his faith or his liking certain music or social movements.
            read into it what you like, some things aren't exactly comparable with each other.
            following a faith that teaches the suppression of the self in favor of service to something bigger isn't exactly comparable of the aggressive self expression found in the music styles he mentioned. what he believes is no concern of mine unless he tries to make it so. I am no atheist myself, I am a person of faith, just not a mainstream one.

• Tuna Ghost | Apr 7, 2010 at 2:21 am |

wait, so you weren't bashing fabian for his taste in music? Because someone should have by now.

• No that's quite a leap.
      Do you like the hardcore bands whose lyrics describe Satanic ritual? Or the bands that indulge in drugs, alcohol and pre-marital sex?
      Or is it just the christian bands who like to pretend?

• the catholic church is apparently a lot freakier than goth clubs.

• Manny Furious | Mar 30, 2010 at 9:41 am |

No, it's really not that big of a leap. I listen to Hip Hop… and yet I absolutely abhor drug use, violence against women and gun violence…in real life.

I also like films like “Goodfellas” and “Resevoir Dogs”.

• emperorreagan | Mar 30, 2010 at 11:10 am |

I don't think it's a big leap for individuals to balance various influences and beliefs in their lives.

It is, however, atypical for people at the nutty overthrow the government yay Jesus fringe to show any such capacity.

• The leap I was referring to was the leap in logic that makes a christian who listens to that kind of music a criminal.

7. dentalnursejobs | Mar 30, 2010 at 1:14 am |

A Christian militia group, I mean what on earth is going on in this world!!!

8. lif is hard, and what about shoes? bit.ly/9rm508 or http://www.shoestimes.com.

9. ourexamdll | Mar 31, 2010 at 2:16 am |

Ourexam provides HP0-754 practice test. http://www.ourexam.com/HP0-754.html

10. militia? more like america grows terrorist too.

11. “Makes them feel better?” What drugs are you on?

12. Fishnman73 | Aug 6, 2011 at 8:38 am |

The arrests should have been local not federal if threats were indeed being made to kill people. The Constitution allows for militias but not for the FBI which should not even exist. Local law enforcement is to deal with groups who become a menace to society. Read the Constitution for it states the limits of the federal government. A president or Kenyan occupant of the White House is expected to follow the Constitution.

13. Fishnman73 | Aug 6, 2011 at 4:38 am |