Final Crazy Tea-Bagger Health Care Protests In Washington

Shortly before the passing of Congress’s health care reform bill, New Left Media did some final hilarious street interviews with tea-baggers who had descended on Washington to protest. I’m curious to see what issue they turn their interest and astute political analysis towards next.

25 Comments on "Final Crazy Tea-Bagger Health Care Protests In Washington"

1. natural herbs and remedies ..will they fix you up after a car accident?…a mugging?….or after a nuclear meltdown?

2. I love these videos. Almost makes me wish the healthcare debate raged on forever. Just kidding.

3. Hadrian999 | Mar 22, 2010 at 4:39 pm |

i'm waiting for my cousin to pop up in one of these

4. Part of me wants to say “hey, there are probably intelligent folks on the right, being apolitical is the way to be.” But these videos WARM MY LIBERAL HEART!

5. Know what I love? That these f-ing morons, who for 8 years prior to Obama never spoke up on the warrentless wiretapping, the patriot act or the formation of the department of homeland security and how that has grown government control now whine about forcing health care reform on the American people. Well whaaa whaaa whaa!! Suck it up you baby retards. We had to suffer through Bush's horseshit and now it's time for you to swallow a bitter pill. And you know what? This vote was NOT against the will of the people because guess what? Obama campaigned on it. So STFU!

6. tonyviner | Mar 22, 2010 at 10:17 pm |

I still have not had anyone tell me what would be wrong with a truly socialist society.

• Tuna Ghost | Mar 22, 2010 at 10:34 pm |

Well, Glen Beck would just hold up a picture with a Hammer and Sickle and stare madly at you with them little beady eyes of his, sweating and shaking with rage

• Polymorpheous | Mar 22, 2010 at 11:31 pm |

socialism is just as easily corrupt as a democratic republic.
      marx makes it sound good on paper, history proves otherwise.

• What nonsense. Sorry to say it, but a lot of you americans are just totally indoctrinated fools. All the scandinavian countrys are socialist in one way or another (we have free healthcare, a solid social security for all citizens etc.), and their doing just fine. You are confusing totalitarian communism a la Stalin, with socialism.

• What's your immigration policy?

• Polymorpheous | Mar 23, 2010 at 9:56 am |

I'm sorry. maybe you live on a different planet, or you are just as ignorant as us Americans.
          Finland is a republic, Norway is a constitutional monarchy, and Sweden is also a constitutional monarchy.
          So they have their tax monies go towards public services. So what? That does not make them socialist countries. In America we have our tax dollars go toward corporate interests. Think that would change if America leaned towards Marxist ideas?

I'm not confusing anything with totalitarian communism a la Stalin. Your reading comprehension is as bad as us Americans too. I said it is just as easily corrupted as a democratic republic. Marx's theory isn't perfect. Hell, no form of government is. Which is why I prefer the least amount of government possible.

• tonyviner | Mar 23, 2010 at 11:27 am |

The iron fist is perfect.

• Well my reading of your comment was admittedly a bit sloppy. Although you are right in that the Scandinavian countries are not purely socialist, having their tax monies go towards public services are nonetheless socialist policies, and free healthcare, university education and social security for every citizen, are socialist ideas to the core. Most people over here tend to take these things for granted (I guess we're kinda spoiled), and you would be hard pressed to find many Scandinavians who wouldn't think of it as a great catastrophe if these policies were to be abolished. I think it's safe to say that the implementation of socialist ideas over here has been a huge success, and my negative comment above was primarily directed against your “history proves otherwise”-statement, which I (rashly) interpreted to mean that history has proved that socialism doesn't work, which it hasn't.

• dumbsaint | Mar 23, 2010 at 1:14 am |

With what Marx proscribed, neither Russia or China would have qualified as sufficiently industrialized for revolution. The idea was that once you have the means to look after everyone in society, then you move onward towards communism. He asked for decentralized government – all we've seen so far are dictatorships with communist economics.

The battle of the proletariat vs the bourgeoisie (or elites) is still on going. Marx was right to look for a way to give the power back to the people who truly own it.

on another note – American media has made a complete joke out of the word 'socialist' it's barely worth using anymore.

• Polymorpheous | Mar 23, 2010 at 9:57 am |

I couldn't agree with you more.

• dumbsaint | Mar 23, 2010 at 1:45 am |

What's wrong with it is that you still require a Government to control the economy. Once we have heartless robots to replace our heartless politicians we might get somewhere.

• The fact that there has never been one, man is corruptible. Whether stated or not outright, with a socialist society your rights become subject to the will of those who govern. How can you ensure that those who govern remain uncorupted. The difference in thinking is that some feel comfortable with this and some do not. I do not. I want to be in charge of my own rights.

7. tonyviner | Mar 22, 2010 at 10:21 pm |

Man: “I don't think Barack Obama believes in the Constitution.”

Interviewer: “Even though he was a Constitutional scholar?”

Man: “So they say.”

Me: “Fucking incredible!!!”

• Hadrian999 | Mar 22, 2010 at 10:33 pm |

just do what I do,
      I stopped treating the world like it's “real”,
      treat it like it's some kind of fucked up theme park
      and you will be much happier

• tonyviner | Mar 22, 2010 at 10:45 pm |

Even if every ride in the theme park sucks and the lines are real long and all of the cotton candy is gone?

• “When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.”
        – George Carlin

• Polymorpheous | Mar 22, 2010 at 11:33 pm |

a constitutional scholar would know best how to pick it apart.
      hell, bush was by no means a scholar and he did a pretty good job of it.

8. Repubnomore | Apr 14, 2010 at 3:47 am |

I knew the teabaggers were morons but my god, I had no idea they were ALL this stupid!

9. Repubnomore | Apr 13, 2010 at 10:47 pm |