Roy Ashburn ARRESTED: Anti-Gay State Sen. Got DUI After Leaving Gay Nightclub

Congratulations GOP, your hypocrisy levels are now officially hilarious! Yet still, so very sad.

via Huffington Post

Early Wednesday morning, State Sen. Roy Ashburn (R-Calif.) was pulled over and arrested for drunk driving. Sources report that Ashburn — a fierce opponent of gay rights — was driving drunk after leaving a gay nightclub; when the officer stopped the state-issued vehicle, there was an unidentified man in the passenger seat of the car.

Ashburn has issued an apology for the incident:

“I am deeply sorry for my actions and offer no excuse for my poor judgment. I accept complete responsibility for my conduct and am prepared to accept the consequences for what I did. I am also truly sorry for the impact this incident will have on those who support and trust me – my family, my constituents, my friends, and my colleagues in the Senate.”

11 Comments on "Roy Ashburn ARRESTED: Anti-Gay State Sen. Got DUI After Leaving Gay Nightclub"

1. Word Eater | Mar 4, 2010 at 6:30 pm |

Could we stop with the repeated confirmations of the “self-hating gay” stereotype.

• No. Fuck those guys. These are gays actively trying to destroy other gays' lives.

• Hadrian999 | Mar 4, 2010 at 7:07 pm |

plus it's always good for a laugh

• Word Eater | Mar 4, 2010 at 10:10 pm |

That's what I mean. They need to get over it and come right out and be gay and stop fucking people over metaphorically.

• dumbsaint | Mar 4, 2010 at 9:07 pm |

He should be called out and shamed for being the traitorous fuck that he is.

2. Roy Assburn more like it.

3. Haha, I love it.

All of his gay senator friends are going to pretend that he doesn't exist and behind the scenes they are going to change the password for the republican lovecraft vomitorium.

4. I so hope he is a God Fearing, Jesus Loving, Cross Polishing Christian Zealot! Those are the best!!
    One day they are sucking Jesus's Cock The next day they are sucking Lucifer's cock!
    Schizophrenic Cock Suckers!

5. airborne11 | Mar 5, 2010 at 3:55 pm |

He is just one of many. Check out the documentary Outrage, which outs anti-gay politicians who are secretly gay: http://boingboing.net/2009/10/03/outrage-docume

6. E.B. Wolf | Mar 7, 2010 at 9:30 pm |

Or maybe it takes a self-loathing homosexual to properly channel all that fear.

7. You would think the homophobes who support and elect these clowns would do a more thorough background check first. How many embarrassing incidents do they need before they learn?
    Or maybe it takes a self-loathing homosexual to properly channel all that fear.