The KFC Double Down

More like Double Bypass! This thing is both terrifying and captivating, like a harbinger of the apocalypse.

the-kfc-double-down-500x410

“This product is so meaty, there’s no room for a bun!”

KFC Original Recipe® Double Down

Calories: 540

Fat (g): 32

Sodium (mg): 1380

This one-of-a-kind sandwich features two thick and juicy boneless white meat chicken filets, two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and Colonel’s Sauce. This product is so meaty, there’s no room for a bun!

15 Comments on "The KFC Double Down"

1. oh man, that looks good….

2. Hadrian999 | Apr 5, 2010 at 2:12 pm |

maybe im weird…but that looks hideous like most hardee's new creations

3. GoodDoktorBad | Apr 5, 2010 at 2:30 pm |

A slow, delicious heart attack…..

4. Word Eater | Apr 5, 2010 at 2:42 pm |

At first I was like, “only 540 calories in that thing? I'm impressed.”

Then I was like, “Damn, 32 grams of fat is a lot of fat.”

Now, I'm like, “How much fucking sodium is in that thing? 1380, Jesus I'm coming home to meet you! How terrible does something have to taste to need that much sodium to overpower it.”

5. connie dobbs | Apr 5, 2010 at 3:34 pm |

is that good fat or bad fat?

6. connie dobbs | Apr 5, 2010 at 3:34 pm |

is that good fat or bad fat?

7. The Earl of Sandwich would approve…

8. I can't believe there's a freaking countdown clock on their website until when this food monster comes out…

9. They're already available here due to it being one of the test markets. Or at least they were, I'm not sure, I quit eating KFC after it was introduced, though I will admit to having some morbid curiosity about this product.

10. I guess it must have done disturbingly well.

11. I'm salivating just looking at the picture…ONLY ONE MORE WEEK!

12. SMonarch | Apr 6, 2010 at 8:46 am |

two chunks of meat fried in batter….stuffed with cheese and bacon?….Well i know the cause of american apathy now why care when you can stuff your mouth with this goop

13. fred c dobbs | Apr 6, 2010 at 1:04 pm |

anyone eating anything containing the colonel's secret sauce deserves what they get….ewwwww!

14. not funny, just sad. | Apr 7, 2010 at 9:31 am |

This looks horrifying, do fast food companies pay tariffs to account for the hospital bills they help create, or are they just allowed to create depressingly unhealthy things like this and walk away like it's funny?