First Human ‘Infected with Computer Virus’ (Video)

Rory Cellan-Jones reports on BBC News:

A British scientist says he is the first man in the world to become infected with a computer virus. Dr Mark Gasson from the University of Reading contaminated a computer chip which was then inserted into his hand.

The device, which enables him to pass through security doors and activate his mobile phone, is a sophisticated version of ID chips used to tag pets.

In trials, Dr Gasson showed that the chip was able to pass on the computer virus to external control systems. If other implanted chips had then connected to the system they too would have been corrupted, he said.

Read More: BBC News

9 Comments on "First Human ‘Infected with Computer Virus’ (Video)"

  1. justagirl | May 26, 2010 at 1:59 pm |

    great headline! LOL! i was like “oh, what now!?”

  2. As I was hoping for something more along the lines of Snow Crash, I am disappointed at the technological equivalent of being a bug chaser.

  3. One day, Xen we may have “Snow Crash” … until then will keep you posted.

  4. keep this chip away from me and my close ones.

  5. wow. sounds interesting but still its dangerous if you look at it. If this is a real success, thumbs up to that. this is real amazing.

  6. wow. sounds interesting but still its dangerous if you look at it. If this is a real success, thumbs up to that. this is real amazing.

  7. Mmmmm Binskey! Taste the Future

  8. I saw this guy on the news last night and I can't decide whether he's incredibly mad or a real sign of the future and how we'll all live!? Interestimg stuff!

  9. Dr Gasson showed that the chip was able to pass on the computer virus to external control systems.

Comments are closed.