Singer-Songwriter Of Tea Party Anthem Unmasked

Even though Jonathan Kahn, who lives and works in Hollywood, says that in his community, “being a conservative is the kiss of death,” he’s decided to go public as the singer-songwriter behind the Tea Party anthem that he’s performed for conservative audiences and luminaries from Sarah Palin to Newt Gingrich. WSJ’s Neil King reports:

, , ,

15 Responses to Singer-Songwriter Of Tea Party Anthem Unmasked

1. CC May 18, 2010 at 12:03 pm #

>Even though Jonathan Kahn, who lives and works in Hollywood, says that in his community, “being a conservative is the kiss of death”…

• Hadrian999 May 18, 2010 at 12:09 pm #

what someone says isn't proof of anything other than their own beliefs
      if being conservative is such career killer explain mel gibson.

• GoodDoktorBad May 18, 2010 at 1:11 pm #

All it takes to keep your fame in Hollywood is to be a whack-job…left …right and everything in between and beyond……

Smell Gibson….

• GoodDoktorBad May 18, 2010 at 12:56 pm #

Not sure where your coming from really. The left -right division is so lame. Apparently you have nothing better to do than pile dead wood on the age old game of divide and conquer.

It might be helpful if we could identify “the third party” or fulcrum that benefits from this left- right madness.
      In my humble opinion, neither the right or the left are “in control”. Follow the money….

• 5by5 May 18, 2010 at 4:44 pm #

“More proof that modern American “Liberals” include some of the least tolerant, most illiberal people you'll ever meet.”

LOLOL. No, it's just proof of classic conservative pathology. In this case, projection, and perpetual victimization.

COMMON CHARACTERISTICS OF CONSERVATIVES

Perpetual Victimization — Even with mindboggling power at their disposal, it's never enough. They are ALWAYS “under attack”, always the victim. Subsets of this include euphoric insecurity, defensive reactions to justice, complete inability to assume responsibility, and advanced hypocrisy disorder.

Fear of Intellectualism — Because their beliefs are just that, BELIEFS, not conclusions based in reason, they have a knee-jerk aversion to anyone who displays a sense of intellectual rigor. They seem therefore to prize aggressive ignorance.

Projection — Beyond mere hypocrisy, all their sins are somehow YOUR sins that they are afraid to face in themselves. As such, they project their bad tendencies onto others irrespective of any sort of proof, and then seek to stamp you out, because you represent the things they hate about THEMSELVES.

Raw, Baseless Arrogance — Despite being victims, and hating the life of the mind, they regard themselves as superior. They see themselves as the smartest person in the room, even though they don't have two synapses to rub together to get a spark.

Blind Primitive Religious Adherence — The more simple-minded, the better. The word and only the word. No nuance, no REAL faith (which can only come on the other side of questioning and self-doubt). Subsets of this include fixation on the fetus (while ignoring the child), the desire to sneak those in a vegetative state a Happy Meal, and irrational fear of homosexuality.

Authoritarianism — These are followers, not leaders. Even their leaders aren't leaders. They follow the whim of the herd, and the herd follows them blindly. May a cliff be in their near future. Subsets of this include blind faith in corporatism, delusions of grandeur, and parasitic usury.

Sexual Self-Hate — This manifests itself in hatred of all sexual variances from perceived “norms”, as well as irrational fears and disassociation with their own bodies. It is a dirty, shameful thing to them. A “mortal coil” to be shuffled off more than lived in with any sort of joy or pleasure.

Cult of Violence — All violence is trumpeted as proof of strength, when in fact, it's proof of a failure of imagination. Subsets of this include belligerent nationalism, a fixation on firearms, contempt for humanity in general, and revenge fever.

Nobody gets beat up in Hollywood for being a conservative.

But fully 40% of the homeless teens on the streets today are gay youth, kicked out of their own homes by conservative “parents”. And then there's the Southern Poverty Law Center's recent study results showing an 80% increase in violent rightwing anti-immigrant vigilante groups, a 244% increase in rightwing paramilitary groups since 2000.

Like I said, PROJECTION and PERPETUAL VICTIMIZATION. Bunch of scared wusses lashing out at anything different. Little anger/fear balls with even smaller dicks.

The problem with self-control ISN'T on the Left side of this equation, hon. The problem is on Team Con.

And sorry, but YES, in this regard, there is a difference between Right and Left.

• VoxMagi May 19, 2010 at 11:09 pm #

This post ought be enshrined…nothing I've read has ever framed so much, so well, and so comprehensively. The path of critical, rigorous self examination is for the liberal…the path of self righteous indignation is left for the cowards.

• Paulie May 25, 2010 at 10:15 pm #

I disagree, I am a gay, atheist, small business owner who supports the Tea Party and Sarah Palin. I never play the victim role, I leave that up to certain minorities in our country. We are tired of the government taking our money and throwing it down the tubes, thats what it is all about. Gay teens on the street? That has nothing to do with the Tea party OR conservative parents, it has to do with narrow minded people from all sides of the issues. I find that liberals in my family are the people that feel they are always right, always smug, and smirk whenever anyone has a different point of view.
        We arent all backwood folks in the TP, I am an educated business owner looking out for what it best for my family, and my country. Stop turning us into a second rate land!

• eyebeam September 15, 2010 at 5:37 pm #

You’re also a liar.

2. Hadrian999 May 18, 2010 at 12:24 pm #

this guy is cashing in,
    there always is a big market for telling yokels what they want to hear,
    the old “you rural name on your shirt, crappy beer in your can folk are the real americans,
    people with an education are the devil” line he is slingin has got to be wearing thin.
    blows my mind the crap my countrymen fall for day in day out.

3. GoodDoktorBad May 18, 2010 at 12:35 pm #

I'd rather be a conservative in a liberal neighborhood than a liberal in a conservative neighborhood.

Besides, why don't you just move out if you don't like the people. Ya know, “right flight” or was that “white flight”……(hard to tell them apart sometimes)…..run away and move to Texas, sing your horrendous song
    to some prairie dogs and coyotes.

How unbelievablly lame, he has to shield himself from those rabid liberals in Hollywood. What a terrible threat.
    What a lame attempt at vilification. He's afraid of Hollywood liberals………..thats just hilarious and incredibly
    ignorant…..

4. aidancole May 18, 2010 at 2:38 pm #

So let me get this straight: you’re in love with the flag, but you’re also in love with an anthropomorphized idea of America (who presumably is a woman, because, let’s be real, no homo)? And you’ve written this lame anthem for an arguably insane conservative group while sitting squarely in the safe cocoon of the nation’s biggest liberal group?

…Bravo, sir. Bravo. I’d tip my equal-opportunity-hater hat to you if I weren’t afraid you and your new pals the Palins would gun me down from a helicopter.

5. tonyviner May 19, 2010 at 12:58 am #

I didn't listen to the song, because the only inbred sucker I am gonna let tell me how great America is is Ted Nugent.

On second thought, he sucks too!!!!

6. tonyviner May 19, 2010 at 1:58 am #

On second thought, he sucks too!!!!

7. arboles May 19, 2010 at 3:18 pm #

Thank you Rupert Murdoch for this pre-approved message.

8. Chris September 15, 2010 at 9:37 pm #