Teen Werewolves In Texas

Somewhere in between goth, occult, and furries: San Antonio’s KENS 5 reports on the teens-who-identify-as-werewolves trend.

20 Comments on "Teen Werewolves In Texas"

1. Hadrian999 | May 24, 2010 at 5:32 pm |

this isn't new, when I was in the army I knew a guy that claimed he was a werewolf

2. The Jackal | May 24, 2010 at 5:58 pm |

GAY.

3. These kids are out of their fucking gourds.

4. Tuna Ghost | May 24, 2010 at 7:13 pm |

a doctor friend of mine would call this a “maladaptive coping technique”. One wonders at the home life of kids who find solace in claiming to be a vampire/werewolf/frankenstien.

5. When I was ten I probably wanted to be a werewolf after watching An American werewolf in London, I grew out of it before I was a teenager thankfully. These kids are just being kids twilights addled their hormone imbalanced minds most of them will grow out of it when they have pups at the latest, who cares if geeks want to pretend to be a dog, there's nothing wrong with being a geek or a dog but who wants to be a son of a bitch? Why do news programs even produce this pointless bile? Oh yeah; entertainment.

6. a.k.a. furries

brings back fond memories of trolling alt.horror.werewolves

7. I've known people who wore animal things like that. They did it because they were furries. I think they really did associate with their animal. However, despite the media attention about this, I don't see this as a “new high school clique category” kind of thing. I see it as misguided media attention.

8. Harry N. Hendersons | May 24, 2010 at 11:58 pm |

Its that god forsaken movie 'Teen Wolf' at it again, there have been waves of this for years… Micheal J Fox ruined a generation with that movie, not to mention the 'ghost-ride-the-whip' deaths he provoked by doing flips on the roof of that van while driving all over town… please write your congressman about a possible time travel mission to eliminate said movie.

9. I'm so embarrassed i went to this school 🙁 when i went it was not that big it was like 1 or 2 people

10. As long as they're not causing trouble, who 'should' give a shit?

Oh wait… religious groups, and the local media, lol.

11. That is very very very very very very disturbing.
    beyond belief

12. allpowerful | May 26, 2010 at 3:15 pm |

Hahaha! I used to troll alt.horror.werewolves too! There were some really special people on there who actually believed they changed into wolves and stuff… These “goths-who-want-to-be-slightly-different' have nothing on the crazies of the newsgroups!

13. Are you kidding me?

what a bunch of tools. They're just sucking on the tit of Hot Topic. Tell that kid to get a haircut and be a little more original than walking around in black. My guess is they weren't cool enough to be with the goths. Seriously, these kids look like all the other pre-manufactured Twilight sad-in-black sheep. The mother should really encourage that kid to not make himself look like a damn fool.

He's on Television saying that he's a werewolf. This kind of stuff can really bite you in the ass in the long run.

14. Wearing a tail and contact lenses doesn't change the fact that you're a goth/emo kid. They try so hard to be different, but they just end up being the same.

15. Bryanbabylon | May 28, 2010 at 6:51 pm |

There are white power werewolves too.

16. So dumb, hope that kid gets arrested and sent to jail for killing that neighbours dog.
    That dumb fuck can then enjoy all the ass-pounding he can get while in prison … LOL.

17. So dumb, hope that kid gets arrested and sent to jail for killing that neighbours dog.

18. Pinkpolkadotsgirl | Oct 4, 2010 at 2:27 am |

umm, this is acctually getting serious now. im in 8th grade, im going to be going to that school next year, and the school is right behind mine. two of them have already killed themselves, & their is going to be a rumored shooting tomorow, this is getting out of hand.

19. Pinkpolkadotsgirl | Oct 3, 2010 at 10:27 pm |