From Nick Pell at Red Star Times
I was contacted this morning by Bay Area National Anarchists founder Andrew Yeoman. He felt that I had unfairly maligned his group in my recent article on radical traditionalist website Alternative Right. I don’t really want to get into the specifics of our exchange, however, I would now like to present the videos I referenced (but did not post) in my previous article. The event they are protesting is the Folsom Street Fair, which is a leather / BDSM event, not explicitly a gay pride event.
I stand by my claim that harassment takes place on these videos and that the demonstration attempts to target homosexuals. Indeed, Folsom Street Fair is largely (if not predominantly) an event for the gay leather / BDSM community.
As I generally do not feel comfortable presenting fascistic material “without comment”, I would like to say a few things before presenting readers the video:
- Why is this event being protested? There are no videos on YouTube of BANA protesting wars that are more harmful to children, nor the proven international conspiracy to rape children within the Catholic Church. Why not? Why this?
- Note the signs: “FOLSOM ST. FAIR / BE THERE BE QUEER / BUT LEAVE YOUR KIDS AT HOME!” and “PERVERSION IS NOT A FAMILY VALUE.”
- What are the politics of describing the Folsom Street Fair as “child abuse?”
- Andrew Yeoman, while getting the troops ready for battle says that the city government is ignoring Folsom Street Fair and “we need to do something about it.” What do you suspect that “something” means? What would BANA do if they had 100 members? 1,000? 10,000?
- “Is it unreasonable to think that those who get off on abusing one another might also get off on abusing children?”–AY, ~3:40
- One of the “shocking” banners at the Folsom Street Fair is about homosexuality being compatible with Christianity. Who would find this scandalous? Similarly, what are the politics of focusing on a painting of Barack Obama at a leather booth?
- Does following a man and his child with a camera and implying that the man is pimping his child amount to harassment? Similarly, does implying that a woman gave her child drugs on camera amount to harassment? Consider the long history of the far-right in relation to using cameras and videos to harass and intimidate the left.
- Note the amount of homosexual men and women videotaped. Yes, I think it’s safe to assume that many of the men in chaps and / or skirts are gay. If BANA are not there to harass gay people, why do they spend so much time focusing on them?
- Context matters. What does all of this mean in the context of high praise given to Troy Southgate (a veteran of fascist groups such as the International Third Position and the British National Front, as well as the premier worldwide theorist of “national anarchism”) by BANA founder Yeoman?
I apologize to my readers for presenting this information in list, rather than essay form. I suspect that National Anarchism may require more insight and writing than I can give it at the moment. However, I did feel that it was necessary to put this up in a timely fashion. For further information, I recommend the Southern Poverty Law Center’s article on the matter. While I give no political support to the SPLC’s methods of cops and courts, they run good intel on these kinds of groups, detailing all their quirks in an easily digestible format.