Westboro Baptist Church Protests At Comic Con: ‘God Hates Nerds’

God_Hates_Fags_12-25-2002-copy-300x225I have got to get one of those “God Hates Nerds” signs for the front door of my fraternity house. One of the new arrivals at this year’s Comic-Con is Kansas’s Westboro Baptist Church. The group arrived in San Diego yesterday and held a protest against nerds, and their gay-for-Batman ways:

They have turned comic book characters into idols, and worship them they do! Isaiah 2:8 Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made…

The destruction of this nation is imminent – so start calling on Batman and Superman now, see if they can pull you from the mess that you have created with all your silly idolatry.”

25 Comments on "Westboro Baptist Church Protests At Comic Con: ‘God Hates Nerds’"

1. Hadrian999 | Jul 23, 2010 at 11:48 am |

i'm betting prayers to batman get answered just as often as prayers to yvhv

2. DeepCough | Jul 23, 2010 at 11:59 am |

It's nice to know that Westboro is always ready to update everyone on what “God” hates today.

3. understatement | Jul 23, 2010 at 1:14 pm |

I agree, deepcough. ridiculous. these people make me sick.

4. WestboroBaptistChurchIsGarbage | Jul 23, 2010 at 1:21 pm |

Fuck these people. Anyone who protests at a soldier's funeral is human garbage. If I see one of these bastards in San Diego I will punch them in the face.

• tonyviner | Jul 24, 2010 at 5:23 am |

I don't necessarily mind that so much, they are just doing it for the wrong reasons.

5. Earstoseeyestohear | Jul 23, 2010 at 1:27 pm |

they must be fucking retarded

6. justagirl | Jul 23, 2010 at 1:45 pm |

so, westboro baptist church is where all the “cool” people congregate? … i'd walk away from that sign if i were you dude.

7. A Bad Joke | Jul 23, 2010 at 4:24 pm |

I didn't realize I worshipped Green Lantern, but if the big book of rolling papers says I do…

8. Brian1587 | Jul 23, 2010 at 5:06 pm |

These people are dumb. Do they realize that God hates people who judge others? You would think they'd have learned..oh wait..their dumb..my bad

9. razzlebathbone | Jul 23, 2010 at 5:55 pm |

And here's the nerds' response:

Nerds: eleventy-zillion, Westboro: zero.

10. It sounds like this God fellow is kind of a jerk.

11. Hadrian999 | Jul 23, 2010 at 6:35 pm |

i feel so bad for the kids in this church when they finally grow up and get out on their own

12. These guys are insane, I saw them on tv once when Louis Theroux spent a weekend with them. They are just full of hatred for everyone else, one of the daughters even said it made her feel good knowing that Louis would go to hell! Crazy bitch. It's very vain to think you are somehow above all other humans, I'm sure God hates vanity. Love the sinner hate the sin, isn't that a phrase that was inspired by God? I suppose in a way they are doing God's work y'know feed the hungry, clothe the poor, heal the sick, defend the weak, love, be compassionate, share freely, forgive and tell everyone that God hates them. Yeah.
    I feel sorry for the kids born into their weird religion. Fred Phelps has definitely earned a place at the right hand of ……
    …Satan. What a dick!

13. God hates?

14. tonyviner | Jul 24, 2010 at 5:12 am |

God Hates Us All

15. What part of “Judge not, lest ye be judged” don't they understand? Matthew 7 is pretty interesting.

16. This was a new level of ridiculous from the Phelps bunch. Trolls trolling trolls.

17. Gerald_schiller | Jul 25, 2010 at 8:11 am |

Maybe the Baptist just hate how people are stealing story-lines from the bible and using them in other stories. Original ideas are hard to come by.

18. Anonymous | Jul 26, 2010 at 4:18 pm |

If you throw holy water on them, perhaps they will melt like the witches in the wizard of oz….
    Just a thought…..

19. GoodDoktorBad | Jul 26, 2010 at 11:18 am |

Just a thought…..

20. NarwhalNecropsy | Aug 23, 2011 at 1:31 am |

I read this and all I hear is “My super hero is better than yours!!!”

21. NarwhalNecropsy | Aug 22, 2011 at 9:31 pm |

I read this and all I hear is “My super hero is better than yours!!!”