The Kult oV MONITOR

KB1KB2KB3KB4KB5KB6KB7KB8KB9KB10KB11KB12KB13KB14KB15KB16KB17KB18KB19KB20KB21KB22KB23KB24KB25KB26KB27KB28KB29KB30KB31KB32KB33KB34KB35KB36KB37KB38KB39KB40KB41KB42KB43KB44KB45KB46KB47KB48KB49KB50KB51KB52KB53The Kult oV MONITOR Soundtrack

R. Talmadge Lacy

Well, my dad was a carpenter.>>

Latest posts by R. Talmadge Lacy (see all)

33 Comments on "The Kult oV MONITOR"

1. Nonsense pretending to be artsy and clever. This website has officially gone down the toilet.

2. Only if pretending to be artsy is ripping off the Church of the Subgenius.

• E.B. Wolf | Aug 14, 2010 at 3:28 pm |

Among others.

• SE7EN_STAR | Aug 15, 2010 at 7:42 pm |

as if the church of the subgenius didn't rip off …things. originality is the opiate of the trend junkies.

• Tuna Ghost | Aug 17, 2010 at 1:23 am |

“originality is the opiate of the trend junkies”

That's actually very clever, I am going to steal that and pass it off as my own.

I'm not ashamed to admit I own a copy of the Principia Discordia, and somehow mocking your efforts in creating this makes me feel as if I'd be mocking the Principia. Which normally wouldn't stop me, really, but I find I'm having difficulty judging this critically.

• Tuna Ghost | Aug 17, 2010 at 1:25 am |

on a second note, I do recall having quite a bit of criticism to offer when you first posted much of the text here on Disinfo, which makes me wonder if the self-indulgence bothered me so much because of the context in which it was presented to me. Placed in the format it is in now, it is not nearly so annoying. But that may be because, as I said earlier, I have a soft spot in my heart for the Principia Discordia.

• SE7EN_STAR | Aug 17, 2010 at 1:10 pm |

I salivate at criticism – that is, constructive criticism. Without fail it gives me a chance to look at myself in a different perspective and explain myself in a manner I would not have done otherwise – it ALWAYS leads to more fuel for the fire, so to speak. This is in contrast to mindless flame-baiting; being critical without substance. To those people i say: “thank you for your participation in this discussion thread.” and don't look back.

MONITOR, as a concept, began in '97 when I was 17 and drew a “7 foot tall genderless creep with a head that's a huge pair of teeth.” A year later, sheer random coincidence lead to it being named the perfectly appropriate MONITOR. The title “psycho sex god” was applied around the same time when I remembered something my history teacher said about teeth being an unconscious sex symbol. Or something like that. However, the “Kult oV MONITOR” didn't materialize until 2002 when I discovered – YES! “Bob.” A few weeks after that chance on-line encounter – giving MONITOR a religion made perfect sense. The construction of the Kult is, and always has been, a creative exercise for the sake of shits and giggles. However, logic dictated one should 'have sex in the name of MONITOR,' after all it is the 'psycho sex god.' I also decided, because it amused me to no end, that having sex in the name of MONITOR would make *things* happen in your favor. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH CROWLEY!! It had more to do with taking humorous things seriously and vice versa.

• TragicSpam | Aug 24, 2010 at 7:20 am |

In any case, and for what it's worth being that I'm nobody, I find it incredibly beautiful but then I'm one of those tortured artists and when things speak to me, usually the mundane world needs a translator to figure out what in the hell I'm actually saying in reply.. I like it an awful lot though 🙂

3. Nonsense pretending to be artsy and clever. This website has officially gone down the toilet.

4. Only if pretending to be artsy is ripping off the Church of the Subgenius.

5. I'd recommend at least citing Bill Hicks as the source for the lines on the bottom of page 5; “Matter is energy condensed to a slow vibration; We are all one consciousness experiencing ourselves; Life is but a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.”

RIP Bill…you were one of America's truly great mind-fuckers of comedy. Laughter was your spear…and you battled the demons of ignorance and hypocrisy at every turn.

6. Seriously what is this? Did this 14 year old goth kid just read Christopher Hyatt?

7. Wow that was indulgent.

8. Meh. Fourth (Fifth, … Tenth, … Xth (see what i did there?)) iteration of The Book of The SubGenius. Nothing original here. Even some of the same clip art. “Bob” fanboi throws it all in a blender and posts the bits that spew out.

• SE7EN_STAR | Aug 15, 2010 at 7:35 pm |

Fourth (Fifth, … Tenth, … Xth (see what i did there?)

yes, i did. and i'll be using it in book 2 – thanx.

9. TL;DR

10. Homwaterfoodworkplaydream | Aug 15, 2010 at 1:01 am |

1st the void 2nd the seed 3rd the emancipation of the image 4th thee articulation ov thee syllable | Fifth thee fullness ov thee void.

I guess it is easier to dissect and discredit than it is to enjoy the gift and interpretation that it is.
    I suggest you make something and post it for everyone to see.

11. Gemmarama | Aug 15, 2010 at 3:35 am |

wtf is with all the references to lady freakin gaga?

12. Hadrian999 | Aug 15, 2010 at 3:57 am |

just looking at that makes my brain hurt.
    it looks like what i think would happen if a website could have a nervous breakdown

13. Too much map
    Not enough territory

• SE7EN_STAR | Aug 17, 2010 at 1:00 pm |

“Too much map, not enough territory.”

The actual “territory” comes from experimenting with the techniques I've outlined.

• The territory doesn't come from anything- it just exists as reality. Sure we can take various perspectives on it. The map however will always be just a map. A finger pointing to the moon.
        Props to your creativity though.

• SE7EN_STAR | Aug 19, 2010 at 12:14 pm |

i guess this is why the word “opinion” was invented. thanks for the props.

14. GoodDoktorBad | Aug 15, 2010 at 10:21 am |

“We speak of freedom as if it’s some distant dream. Break your trance. End your pursuit. You are already free.”
    *** -“Me”

“Words cannot express things;
    Speech does not convey the spirit.
    Swayed by words, one is lost;
    Blocked by phrases, one is bewildered.”
    ***From “Two Zen Classics: Mumonkan & Hekiganroku,”

This post is interesting in that: It is so deep that shallow minds can't fathom it, or it is so shallow that deep minds can't wallow in it?

Reality is mutable and maleable, yeah OK, I'm down with that…..

15. I enjoyed it, thought it was thought provoking and yeah, it was reminiscent of The Principia Discordia and The SubGenius stuff, but this is skewed in a more 21st century-Discordian style…Some of the PD and SG work in print is dated, and this is a fresh perspective…and I am so down with any 'religion' that quotes Sage Francis.

16. I had a great time in Tiahuana.

17. Syntaxrigger | Aug 24, 2010 at 10:00 am |

To say ” x has no originality” is like saying “everything is relative”. Anything anyone ever thought of as original can be broken down into familiar elements that would bring the concept of originality into question. I find those who judge originality spend too much time looking at syntax rather than the message.

We use words to communicate, does that mean anything using words is unoriginal because Websters already wrote them all? Look at the content. Look at the moon not my finger!

Also I would love to get to know TragicSpam. I have feeling she is a cool cat.

18. Elisha Grey | Aug 31, 2010 at 1:28 pm |

One part Church of the SubGenius, two parts angsty teenage megalomania and one parts 80’s chaos magick zine. It’s the Principia Discordia for the 4chan generation.

Combating demagogues via illumination. Where are your tears now Glen Beck?

19. Elisha Grey | Aug 31, 2010 at 8:28 am |

One part Church of the SubGenius, two parts angsty teenage megalomania and one parts 80's chaos magick zine. It's the Principia Discordia for the 4chan generation.

Combating demagogues via illumination. Where are your tears now Glen Beck?