How Much Does Weed Cost In Your State?

Price Of Weed gives you approximations of the cost of an ounce of marijuana in every U.S. state, based on user-submitted information on local pot purchases. Where is pot most expensive? In a handful of Southern and Midwestern states, topped off by Iowa ($465/high-quality-oz.),Tennessee ($464), and Louisiana ($463). And really, what else is there to even do in Iowa?

buttweedmap

25 Comments on "How Much Does Weed Cost In Your State?"

1. kinda shows you where its coming from haha

2. kinda shows you where its coming from haha

3. gemmarama | Sep 21, 2010 at 8:42 pm |

holy crap man, you guys are getting ripped off…

4. gemmarama | Sep 21, 2010 at 4:42 pm |

holy crap man, you guys are getting ripped off…

5. DeepCough | Sep 21, 2010 at 9:43 pm |

Yep, that’s the East Coast all right, one big rip-off.

6. Weedman78 | Sep 21, 2010 at 10:31 pm |

Uhhh, only 50 an oz in Louisiana, never ever have i paid 450+ an ounce….. or know anyone who does…

7. Weedman78 | Sep 21, 2010 at 6:31 pm |

• Sanddunes69 | Mar 16, 2011 at 4:17 am |

you’re the dummest person on a planet
      keep smoking garbage joke
      cuz you get what you pay for

8. Anonymous | Sep 21, 2010 at 10:42 pm |

$160 an ounce in Ohio (average weed)…..
    $250-300 for high quality stuff.

Where do they get these “statistics”?
    Complete bullshit!

9. GoodDoktorBad | Sep 21, 2010 at 6:42 pm |

$160 an ounce in Ohio (average weed)…..
    $250-300 for high quality stuff.

Where do they get these “statistics”?
    Complete bullshit!

• gemmarama | Sep 22, 2010 at 3:50 am |

i thought those prices seemed a bit steep – you’d never pay more than £200 an oz in the uk.

s’like in news stories when they report the value of the drugs seized and they’ve basically calculated it by what you would get if you broke it up and sold it in like freakin half-grams or something; they are just making shit up.

10. gemmarama | Sep 22, 2010 at 7:50 am |

11. Vox Penii | Sep 22, 2010 at 12:42 pm |

I’d like to see these statistics cross referenced with, say, rates of psychosis, percentage of population on welfare, obesity and so on.

The overwhelming majority of dope smokers I’ve known are losers, and I’d like to know a bit more about if my observations are typical or not.

12. Vox Penii | Sep 22, 2010 at 12:43 pm |

“Figures often beguile me, particularly when I have the arranging of them myself; in which case the remark attributed to Disraeli would often apply with justice and force: ‘There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.'”

Mark Twain, Chapters from My Autobiography”

13. gemmarama | Sep 22, 2010 at 1:58 pm |

well i’m not a loser. i’ve got an honours degree, managed bars and restaurants and started up a gourmet food business. stoner friends and acquaintances of mine include successful artists, tv technical whizzkids, doctors, professional musicians, event managers, head chefs, company directors and police officers.

i’d like to see this observation cross referenced with, say, the proportion of losers in your general social circle.

14. Anonymous | Sep 22, 2010 at 2:35 pm |

We win, we lose. Just like you!

Besides, Mr Penis, judging from the only source available to me (this site), you should be an expert on losers. After all, (and since you love quotes so much) “it takes one to know one”.

I know, its a petty, silly jab at ya……..but I couldn’t resist such an easy target.
    My bad….

15. Ironaddict06 | Sep 22, 2010 at 4:30 pm |

It’s good living in Texas. So close to the source.

16. Ironaddict06 | Sep 22, 2010 at 12:30 pm |

It’s good living in Texas. So close to the source.

17. close to the source. In Texas? LOL. i woudln’t line my catbox with that, i grew up in texas

18. close to the source. In Texas? LOL. i woudln’t line my catbox with that, i grew up in texas

19. RudiKelle | Sep 25, 2010 at 11:26 am |

… well i am a loser and I’m paying 6 biggies an ounce in Oz cos the cops are so keeen and the bikies have all the weed … but I don’t complain … I tried and now I have no tongue …

20. RudiKelle | Sep 25, 2010 at 7:26 am |

21. tee-h-seeyalater | Feb 13, 2011 at 7:09 pm |

You really want to know why most “dope smokers are seen as losers”? It’s because the media has turned people that smoke weed into “dope heads” and given weed this huge negative connotation. I graduated highschool with a 3.8 GPA, did 4 years in the Marines, got out with an honorable discharge (meaning I finished my 4 year enlistment with no problems), and now I’m a 3rd year engineering major. If I don’t have anything important to do (ie, go to school, do advanced calculus homework, etc.) then I’m high. Started smoking when I was 14. Dunno about to you, but to myself I think I sound like a fairly upstanding individual if you don’t judge for smoking weed.

22. Sanddunes69 | Mar 16, 2011 at 8:17 am |