Nashville Man Sues Whole Foods Over Exploding Tea

Tea seems like an unlikely thing to explode, never mind exploding twice. A man in Nashville is suing Whole Foods Market over tendon damage in his hand after a bottle of Tazo tea exploded, breaking the glass. The Nashville City Paper reports:

If a Nashville man’s lawsuit holds up in court, the verb “to Tazo” just might enter common parlance, as in “Don’t Tazo me, bro!”

Bernie Bublick claims a bottle of Tazo Giant Peach Tea blew up at his home on April 5, sending shards of glass into his right hand and damaging a tendon. He says he has gone through two surgeries on the hand to repair the damage.

Bublick’s legal complaint, filed yesterday in Davidson County Circuit Court and available at this link, asserts that the Whole Foods Market in Green Hills was negligent in selling him the bottle and that Starbucks, maker of Tazo, was negligent in manufacturing it.

The lawsuit says the explosion was not an isolated event. On April 19, with his enthusiasm for Tazo Giant Peach evidently undimmed, Bublick went back to Whole Foods and bought another bottle of the unpredictable elixir.

Continues at Nashville City Paper

, , , ,

  • Bluwchager1968

    I have drank this product and peach happens to be my favorite and I have never experienced this, the tea is not carbonated so how could this happen???????

  • Bluwchager1968

    I have drank this product and peach happens to be my favorite and I have never experienced this, the tea is not carbonated so how could this happen???????

  • red_dragon132

    Poor storage letting it over heat, formation a number of things. Less likely is the production company is at fault.

    Also he’s from Nashville USA. Not known for there cerebral intellect.

  • Anonymous

    Poor storage letting it over heat, formation a number of things. Less likely is the production company is at fault.

    Also he’s from Nashville USA. Not known for there cerebral intellect.

21