Tea Party Comics

Editorial cartoonist Ward Sutton gave the Boston Globe‘s comics page a tea-party-friendly makeover; “There’s a growing concern among a certain segment of the country that the comics page is out of step with mainstream values.” Check out the patriotic versions of strips such as Calvin and Hobbes:

8__1285349677_5342

20 Comments on "Tea Party Comics"

1. Anonymous | Sep 27, 2010 at 6:20 pm |

So is this cartoon PRO- or ANTI- Tea Bagger? All good art is laced with a healthy dose of ambiguity.

2. Liam_McGonagle | Sep 27, 2010 at 2:20 pm |

• nick__nick | Sep 27, 2010 at 2:48 pm |

anti

• Hadrian999 | Sep 27, 2010 at 3:12 pm |

but will tea baggers be able to tell?

• Liam_McGonagle | Sep 27, 2010 at 8:29 pm |

Good point. They seem to feel that Sarah Palin is some sort of genius. I’d personally say something more like “idiot savant”.

• Hadrian999 | Sep 27, 2010 at 9:24 pm |

i have tea bag family members, it’s equal parts troubling and entertaining.

• That is interesting. It makes me proud that no one in my known family is a tea bagger.

• nick__nick | Sep 27, 2010 at 11:50 pm |

They will. I got a definite sneer of stereotyping from those comics. Punchlines a little too “dumbed down” so to speak. I laughed out of sheer delight of how brilliantly these were done.

3. Anonymous | Sep 27, 2010 at 6:48 pm |

anti

4. Hadrian999 | Sep 27, 2010 at 7:12 pm |

but will tea baggers be able to tell?

5. TheWrongStuff | Sep 27, 2010 at 11:35 pm |

I have actually met Tea Party members. This joke is way too inteligent. Perhaps a video of someone shaking car keys.

6. TheWrongStuff | Sep 27, 2010 at 7:35 pm |

7. Anonymous | Sep 28, 2010 at 12:29 am |

8. Hadrian999 | Sep 28, 2010 at 1:24 am |

i have tea bag family members, it’s equal parts troubling and entertaining.

9. That is interesting. It makes me proud that no one in my known family is a tea bagger.

10. Anonymous | Sep 28, 2010 at 3:50 am |

11. Actually…they might be better off investing in communication by pantomime…most of their fans are a cool minute from being pre-lingual as it is.

12. Actually…they might be better off investing in communication by pantomime…most of their fans are a cool minute from being pre-lingual as it is.

13. As much as this could be making fun of tea baggers, Calvin and Hobbes was a badass comic, it shouldnt even be related to anything as stupid as the tea party.

14. As much as this could be making fun of tea baggers, Calvin and Hobbes was a badass comic, it shouldnt even be related to anything as stupid as the tea party.