Actroid-F: Japan’s Most Realistic Robot Yet

The newly unveiled Actroid-F mimics the actions of its operator, acting as a sort of “surrogate.” The level of lifelike authenticity is unnerving — people will soon be falling in love with robots.

43 Comments on "Actroid-F: Japan’s Most Realistic Robot Yet"

1. Chaorder Gradient | Nov 17, 2010 at 4:43 pm |

The uncanny valley grows deeper and deeper every day

2. The uncanny valley grows deeper and deeper every day

3. Funny how these Japanese robots always seem to be modeled on young, attractive women.

4. Funny how these Japanese robots always seem to be modeled on young, attractive women.

• Hadrian999 | Nov 17, 2010 at 3:59 pm |

thats how everything should be modeled

• Yankodasignmaker | Nov 18, 2010 at 2:55 pm |

Modelling on the “Young Attractive Woman” makes good sense to maximize wide appeal and acceptance of mechanoids. The mere thought of Mechanoids being introduced into society is of grave concern and even terrifying to many people, so how better to put a good face on the technology than to employ the image of the young attractive female which is non threatening to mostly everyone. The image appeals to everyone be they males, females, young and old alike.

5. Hadrian999 | Nov 17, 2010 at 7:59 pm |

thats how everything should be modeled

6. damn that freakd me out

7. damn that freakd me out

8. Simiantongue | Nov 18, 2010 at 1:25 am |

There will be sex robots some day it’s inevitable. So, is it cheating or masturbation? Stop snickering I’m serious. I mean nobody would seriously think someone is cheating if their significant other had a vibrator or a fleshlight. But there is something more to a sex toy that can be easily anthropomorphized. Does that make a difference?

9. Simiantongue | Nov 17, 2010 at 9:25 pm |

• Engaging in a romantically emotional chat session with some person other than your spouse would be more akin to “Cheating”, than any activities, sexual or otherwise one could engage in with a mechanoid, so I say a big NO!

• Siminatongue | Nov 19, 2010 at 8:25 am |

I tend to agree. But can you imagine a guy(most likely a guy) who keeps a sex robot in his manspace. Workshop, garage, study whatever. It looks like a woman, sounds like a woman, feels like a woman. There could be jealousy involved. I think any jealousy would be the biggest qualifier in deciding if a spouse thought it was cheating. Hell, my wife is jealous of my 67 convertible Camaro. Says I spend too much time with it. She’d lose her mind if she thought I was sleeping with it.

P.S. I don’t sleep with the Camaro just for the record. Not that I don’t want to, it just the logistical problems, it wouldn’t work out.

• They’re already here… Google Search for “Real Dolls”

10. OMFG A CYLON!!!!!

11. OMFG A CYLON!!!!!

12. Floatinbuddha | Nov 18, 2010 at 6:40 pm |

holy crap! japan has almost perfected the android! it is getting pretty scary how life like robots are becoming.

13. Floatinbuddha | Nov 18, 2010 at 2:40 pm |

14. Engaging in a romantically emotional chat session with some person other than your spouse would be more akin to “Cheating”, than any activities, sexual or otherwise one could engage in with a mechanoid, so I say a big NO!

15. Yankodasignmaker | Nov 18, 2010 at 6:55 pm |

16. Can you f**k it?

17. Can you f**k it?

18. When she moved her eyes back and forth real fast scared me.

19. still horribly stuck in the uncanny valley, though they’re making strives, they’re still there.

Creeeeeeeeepy.

20. still horribly stuck in the uncanny valley, though they’re making strives, they’re still there.

Creeeeeeeeepy.

21. Id fuck her if they put an asshole in her

22. Id fuck her if they put an asshole in her

23. Spiderman | Nov 18, 2010 at 11:14 pm |

Sooo… can it give me head?

24. Spiderman | Nov 18, 2010 at 7:14 pm |

Sooo… can it give me head?

25. The 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy, but these are new. They look human… sweat, bad breath, everything. Very hard to spot.

26. The 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy, but these are new. They look human… sweat, bad breath, everything. Very hard to spot.

27. AWESOME !!!! Congratulations to the devs!!! Wonderful!! Thanks so much for giving us these amazing robots!

28. AWESOME !!!! Congratulations to the devs!!! Wonderful!! Thanks so much for giving us these amazing robots!

29. This shit is scary! Whatever may happen, do not turn on skynet

30. This shit is scary! Whatever may happen, do not turn on skynet

31. This shit is scary! Whatever may happen, do not turn on skynet

32. They’re already here… Google Search for “Real Dolls”

33. Simiantongue | Nov 19, 2010 at 12:24 pm |

34. Simiantongue | Nov 19, 2010 at 8:24 am |

35. Siminatongue | Nov 19, 2010 at 12:25 pm |

36. Only Bruce Willis can save us now!

37. Only Bruce Willis can save us now!