Christmas Lights + Slayer = Holiday Magick (Video)

One homeowner’s breathtaking homage to those titans of metal in holiday lights, makes me wonder what he had going for Halloween:

29 Comments on "Christmas Lights + Slayer = Holiday Magick (Video)"

1. DeepCough | Nov 27, 2010 at 6:47 pm |

That was the most epic seizure I ever had.

2. DeepCough | Nov 27, 2010 at 2:47 pm |

That was the most epic seizure I ever had.

3. Seriously that made my day.

4. titans of metal!? i think not. Cool nonetheless.

5. titans of metal!? i think not. Cool nonetheless.

• They’re one of the Big Four of Thrash Metal, I think they count as titans of metal. They’re just as popular, or at least as well known, as bands like Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and Metallica (one of their fellow Big Four members, by the way). Unless your definition of metal is that metalcore and nu metal crap, I think you’re quite wrong.

6. That is the TRUE spirit of Xmas.

7. That is the TRUE spirit of Xmas.

8. Michael Scott Bortles | Nov 28, 2010 at 2:55 am |

Holy FUCKING SHIT!!!! I jizzed my pants!!! XP

9. Michael Scott Bortles | Nov 27, 2010 at 10:55 pm |

Holy FUCKING SHIT!!!! I jizzed my pants!!! XP

10. Wonderful. Including the grey/green background that lent its own atmosphere to the proceedings.

11. Wonderful. Including the grey/green background that lent its own atmosphere to the proceedings.

12. They’re one of the Big Four of Thrash Metal, I think they count as titans of metal. They’re just as popular, or at least as well known, as bands like Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and Metallica (one of their fellow Big Four members, by the way). Unless your definition of metal is that metalcore and nu metal crap, I think you’re quite wrong.

13. Anonymous | Nov 28, 2010 at 9:16 pm |

That was absolutly outstanding

14. That was absolutly outstanding

15. Thrash4ever | Nov 28, 2010 at 10:23 pm |

very fake. Notice the top right trees and how they unnaturally shift. Stop motion.

16. Thrash4ever | Nov 28, 2010 at 10:23 pm |

17. Thrash4ever | Nov 28, 2010 at 6:23 pm |

18. rudeboy666 | Nov 29, 2010 at 2:43 am |

I live down the street from this guy and saw the whole thing. Very not fake.

19. Adam Fogarty | Nov 29, 2010 at 9:42 am |

That is so fucking cool, I love Slayer, and I love this guy for going against all the predictable, sanitized, popsicle-Xmas fake-assed sentiment that this consumer-riddled time of the year we have to bear with. Don’t get it wrong, Jesus was a Great Guy, but I am sure even he would be disgusted at what this time of year has become, in all the western world – a mass consumerist joke!

Long Live Slayer!
    AF

20. Adam Fogarty | Nov 29, 2010 at 5:42 am |

Long Live Slayer!
    AF

21. This is so fucking cool.

Slayer are the meanest, tightest, most significant hardcore metal band to ever exist, and this, well, this makes me proud.

Jesus was a great guy, for sure, but I think even he would be disgusted with what Xmas has become, and the guy who did this light show deserves a neat Xmas hamper as a gift!

AF

22. This is so fucking cool.

AF

23. Brettox Harkonium | Nov 29, 2010 at 5:06 pm |

I wish my neighbors were this cool.

24. Brettox Harkonium | Nov 29, 2010 at 1:06 pm |

I wish my neighbors were this cool.

25. Swoolio2000 | Sep 12, 2011 at 4:28 pm |