Those of you who are awaiting a presidential ballot with Hillary Clinton as the first woman to run in the US can stop holding your breath. The Raw Story reports:

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton declared Sunday that she has no intention of running for public office ever again.

The 63-year-old former senator from New York made the comments in an interview on “Fox News Sunday.” Video of her remarks follows below.

“I am very happy doing what I’m doing and I am not in any way interested in or pursuing anything in elective office,” the onetime first lady said.

“I love what I’m doing. I can’t tell you what it’s like, Chris, to everyday get to represent the United States,” she said. “That’s why I feel so strongly about every issue, from START to Afghanistan.” (START is a nuclear arms treaty that is facing an uphill battle in the Senate, where she previously served before a failed presidential campaign in 2008.)

[Continues with video at The Raw Story]

18 Comments on "Hillary Clinton Announces She Has No Intention Of Running For Elective Office Ever Again"

1. Liam_McGonagle | Nov 22, 2010 at 7:23 pm |

Yeah, I was afraid she’d pull some kind of Carrie-esque shitstorm after Barack took Iowa in 2008.

2. Liam_McGonagle | Nov 22, 2010 at 3:23 pm |

• GoodDoktorBad | Nov 22, 2010 at 4:09 pm |

Are you comparing Obama to pigs blood? LOL

• Hadrian999 | Nov 22, 2010 at 5:02 pm |

both are red…..(channeling my teaparty cousin)

• Liam_McGonagle | Nov 22, 2010 at 5:15 pm |

LOL. Hadn’t thought of it that way. I just remember having the strong impression that she seemed to project an aura of entitlement to the nomination, like she thought somewhere back in her mind “Damn it, I put in my time supporting that fat ol’ @#$%, and I’m gonna cash that check now, baby!”

But that could have just been the way it looked to me at the time.

On the other hand, despite destroying Mexico and our industrial base with NAFTA, you have to admit the Clintons did a hell of a lot for peace in Northern Ireland. I shouldn’t be ungrateful for that.

3. Hadrian999 | Nov 22, 2010 at 7:52 pm |

she knows she isn’t a winner anymore.
    besides showing her corporatist nature,
    I know many people who are staunchly loyal democrats who would never vote for that woman.
    plus as superficial as the average voter is a can’t see an old woman getting elected.

4. Hadrian999 | Nov 22, 2010 at 3:52 pm |

she knows she isn’t a winner anymore.
    besides showing her corporatist nature,

5. Anonymous | Nov 22, 2010 at 8:09 pm |

Are you comparing Obama to pigs blood? LOL

6. Hadrian999 | Nov 22, 2010 at 9:02 pm |

both are red…..(channeling my teaparty cousin)

7. Liam_McGonagle | Nov 22, 2010 at 9:15 pm |

But that could have just been the way it looked to me at the time.

8. Obviously she denieth too much. The media will interpret this to mean that she’s considering a run for President.

9. Obviously she denieth too much. The media will interpret this to mean that she’s considering a run for President.

10. Obviously she denieth too much. The media will interpret this to mean that she’s considering a run for President.

11. And if anything that emerged from her mouth could be trusted…I would breathe a sigh of relief…but alas…

12. And if anything that emerged from her mouth could be trusted…I would breathe a sigh of relief…but alas…

• I agree…too much wiggle room. Besides, from the way she started her first campaign, I don’t think she intended to run for President in 2008 (Key word being “RUN” – given, definitely; run for it never.).

13. I agree…too much wiggle room. Besides, from the way she started her first campaign, I don’t think she intended to run for President in 2008 (Key word being “RUN” – given, definitely; run for it never.).

14. Cerebralcaustic | Nov 23, 2010 at 2:32 pm |

Thank God. Or whoever’s in charge…