Tea-Partier Explains How Our Freedoms Are In Jeopardy (Animation)

I feel like this is a conversation most people would like to have with members of the Tea Party. Job well done.

42 Comments on "Tea-Partier Explains How Our Freedoms Are In Jeopardy (Animation)"

1. does someone have an alternative link, it is blocked in totalitarian germany :rolleyes:

2. does someone have an alternative link, it is blocked in totalitarian germany :rolleyes:

• gemmarama | Nov 2, 2010 at 6:15 pm |

can’t see in uk either, boooo….

• gemmarama | Nov 4, 2010 at 6:48 am |

ah, cheers.

hmm… having now watched it: as a satire, ’tis somewhat basic…

• It is very basic…but it pretty much nails the feeling of confusion most of us stateside have felt when talking to Tea Partiers and Glenn Beck fans. They have an absolute certainty regarding a few basic facts that have been spoon fed to them…and beyond that they have nothing to add to the conversation. Every so often you meet one who has more to say…and some of it is interesting…but most of them are near perfect copies of the above cartoon…a handful of buzzwords, a general distrust of government…and a certainty that liberals are worse than conservatives…that’s all.

• gemmarama | Nov 4, 2010 at 8:16 am |

fair enough. i’ve met folk that simple and short-sighted myself, they’ve just not galvanised into a political movement over here. sometimes i think these people think like that because that’s physically all their tiny minds can handle… and it depresses me.

back in the big city and feeling cynical..!

• I wonder what the justifications are for blocking these things overseas…I mean really…Xtranormal doesn’t use copyrighted material…so is it purely political censorship?

• I’ve seen it and I’m in the UK.
        It wasn’t this site though and I’m afraid I can’t remember which one it was that I saw it on.

3. Michaelanthony909 | Nov 2, 2010 at 8:52 pm |

I am now dumber for having sat through the entire 6 min video… I had hoped that most of the people frequenting this site were above this sort of thing. I had hoped that most of the people frequenting this site were much smarter than the average American and realize fully how the Establishment (both Liberal & NeoCon) use propaganda like this to divide and conquer us all… Yes the Tea Party is a Media-created distraction from the real movement. The Anti-Incumbent movement! The movement to dramatically change the Status Quo! It’s time we thought outside the box. Vote Libertarian on Nov 2nd!!!

4. Michaelanthony909 | Nov 2, 2010 at 4:52 pm |

• So you are suggesting that you were dumb before and now “dumber” after watching this video?

• LiterateMom | Nov 3, 2010 at 10:36 pm |

I love how libertarianism is the answer. you know i like things like roads, sewer systems, fire depts and public schools.

5. Hadrian999 | Nov 2, 2010 at 9:24 pm |

strangly it sounds spot on for several of my tea party family members

6. gemmarama | Nov 2, 2010 at 10:15 pm |

can’t see in uk either, boooo….

7. DeepCough | Nov 2, 2010 at 10:53 pm |

Argosy Jones is a filthy Teabagger.

8. DeepCough | Nov 2, 2010 at 6:53 pm |

Argosy Jones is a filthy Teabagger.

9. DONT vote Nov. 2 because it perpetuates a broken system!
    Time for real protest in the US

10. wikywhat | Nov 2, 2010 at 7:32 pm |

DONT vote Nov. 2 because it perpetuates a broken system!
    Time for real protest in the US

11. Anonymous | Nov 3, 2010 at 1:46 am |

12. Ugggggggghhhh… these computer-generated voices and barely-moving animation makes this incredibly difficult to watch. I can’t even finish it. Seriously, if you are making an animated film, use voice actors. THIS WOULD ONLY NEED TWO PEOPLE! GAAAAAAAAH!!!

• Whether you like the content or not, the computer voices help because they are without emotion so the substance of what’s being said can be understood better.

• I can’t stand listening to multiple sentences of computer voices. Therefore, the actual effect of them is undermining any supposed purpose.

13. Whether you like the content or not, the computer voices help because they are without emotion so the substance of what’s being said can be understood better.

14. maybe it’s a bit simplistic but I’ve had conversations with tea partiers with about the same kind of tenor.

15. Joealexander34 | Nov 3, 2010 at 3:10 am |

This explains why tea-partiers should not be in charge of our government.

16. Joealexander34 | Nov 2, 2010 at 11:10 pm |

This explains why tea-partiers should not be in charge of our government.

17. I wonder what the justifications are for blocking these things overseas…I mean really…Xtranormal doesn’t use copyrighted material…so is it purely political censorship?

18. Anonymous | Nov 3, 2010 at 1:00 pm |

19. I want my free car!!!

20. I want my free car!!!

21. So you are suggesting that you were dumb before and now “dumber” after watching this video?

22. Word Eater | Nov 3, 2010 at 11:48 pm |

“Democrats give free cars to black people and Mexicans.”

23. Word Eater | Nov 3, 2010 at 7:48 pm |

“Democrats give free cars to black people and Mexicans.”

24. I’ve seen it and I’m in the UK.

25. LiterateMom | Nov 4, 2010 at 2:36 am |

26. gemmarama | Nov 4, 2010 at 10:48 am |

ah, cheers.

hmm… having now watched it: as a satire, ’tis somewhat basic…

27. It is very basic…but it pretty much nails the feeling of confusion most of us stateside have felt when talking to Tea Partiers and Glenn Beck fans. They have an absolute certainty regarding a few basic facts that have been spoon fed to them…and beyond that they have nothing to add to the conversation. Every so often you meet one who has more to say…and some of it is interesting…but most of them are near perfect copies of the above cartoon…a handful of buzzwords, a general distrust of government…and a certainty that liberals are worse than conservatives…that’s all.

28. gemmarama | Nov 4, 2010 at 12:16 pm |

back in the big city and feeling cynical..!

29. Linkamathingy | Nov 4, 2010 at 6:12 pm |

tea party: study the event, it wasn’t what we’ve been told.

Tea party: name MSM gives to people becoming politically active because of the societal collapse imminent from the collapse of the world reserve currency, the dollar

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED

Stop trying to understand the group as a label applied to an individual; each person has a variety of beliefs and you automatically misrepresent a lot with this video

30. Linkamathingy | Nov 4, 2010 at 2:12 pm |

tea party: study the event, it wasn’t what we’ve been told.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED