What If Ron Paul Was The Shit?

Here’s something you won’t hear from the mainstream anytime soon…

Ron Paul, from a year and a half ago: “What if Obama has no intention of leaving Iraq? What if the American people learn the truth: that our foreign policy has nothing to do with national security, that it never changes from one administration to the next?”

And before you reactionaries react, Ron Paul spoke out against the Tea Party: See Ron Paul’s Shocking message to the Tea Party.

47 Comments on "What If Ron Paul Was The Shit?"

1. What do you mean “what if”? He IS the shit!

2. What do you mean “what if”? He IS the shit!

3. Is there anyone that considers him/herself as having a free mind NOT in favor of Ron Paul? This is a serious question; I don’t know the answer but I’ve yet to hear of, or meet one.

4. Is there anyone that considers him/herself as having a free mind NOT in favor of Ron Paul? This is a serious question; I don’t know the answer but I’ve yet to hear of, or meet one.

5. Observing Ego | Nov 19, 2010 at 4:57 pm |

I guess we should overlook the embedded Christian supremacist message. Or the fact that Muslim violence is easily explained by Muslim ideas of martyrdom. Or that the same foreign policy didn’t produce the same results in South America. Undoubtedly bad. But not for the reasons he suggests. Or that the draft will ultimately be replaced by overpriced contracts to Blackwater, Xe or 30 other front companies.

Ron Paul means well. And the Metallica was awesome. But he’s not the shit.

6. Observing Ego | Nov 19, 2010 at 12:57 pm |

Ron Paul means well. And the Metallica was awesome. But he’s not the shit.

• I don’t quite get your point. Do you agree with the Bush/Obama foreign military policies? What Christian Supremacy? Do you know what South American policies Ron Paul has supported?

7. Observing Ego | Nov 19, 2010 at 5:09 pm |

Pleased to meet you. Sam Harris is the shit.

8. Ron Paul still makes more sense than any other member of Congress. The comment about an embedded Christian supremacist message is in the mind of the beholder and the idea that Muslim violence is easily explained by martyrdom is nonsense.

9. Ron Paul still makes more sense than any other member of Congress. The comment about an embedded Christian supremacist message is in the mind of the beholder and the idea that Muslim violence is easily explained by martyrdom is nonsense.

10. Hadrian999 | Nov 19, 2010 at 6:10 pm |

i wish he was but there is plenty of wignut hidden behind is stage managed libertarian front

11. Hadrian999 | Nov 19, 2010 at 2:10 pm |

• Could you give us some examples, please.

• Hadrian999 | Nov 19, 2010 at 6:09 pm |

look up what you can find on his social views

• I have. While I don’t agree with all he says, I have never found anything I would call wing nut or extreme…or radical. I hear those labels all the time. I also hear loads of others saying wing nut things–and saying those things are Ron Paul’s views.

Of course the Bush/Cheney/McCain/Romney/Huckaby/ types call him wing nut/extreme/radical. Because that is exactly what they are.

• Hadrian999 | Nov 20, 2010 at 12:10 pm |

did you read his news letters, pretty wignutty.

• I don’t know what news letters you’re referring to, but I’d like to see them. Where can I find them?

• Hadrian999 | Nov 20, 2010 at 6:54 pm |

they are pretty hard to find in tact anymore, for some reasons racist and homophobic rants are a bad thing when you’re pretending to be a man of the people, there are many articles floating about them though.

• I’ve been searching. So far the only racist, homophobic, or otherwise wingnut stuff I have found come from others trying to disinform the public. He does of course have wack job followers–like every politician, writer, rock star and celebrity does.

If you come across something actually spoken or written by Ron Paul–please do inform us.

• yeah, link us, because i think you’re wrong

• Those newsletters are old news and have been debunked a long time ago, but it gets trotted out every time Ron Paul is making headway. Should we keep bringing up that Bill Clinton invoked racism against Obama in the primaries, and even said some pretty racist things about him in private when he thought he wasn’t being recorded? Why, Bill Clinton was the first black president don’t you know?!

12. Anonymous | Nov 19, 2010 at 9:37 pm |

Don’t forget that DisInfo.com is about as Liberal as you can get without being a posterchild.

13. jeffhalmos | Nov 19, 2010 at 5:37 pm |

• Point?

• 011010011 | Dec 7, 2010 at 8:23 pm |

the point is that’s still showing bias. this is a great website don’t get me wrong, but you liberal democrats are the easiest to bottle-feed information to.

14. Could you give us some examples, please.

15. Hadrian999 | Nov 19, 2010 at 10:09 pm |

look up what you can find on his social views

16. I may disagree with Ron Paul on a few issues here and there, especially the ardent libertarianism that leads to near total deregulation, but on the topic of foreign policy and fraudulent support of war…we are in complete sync, and I greatly respect the man from Texas who steps up to a microphone and says such things aloud.

There may be many an illiterate Paul-tard with Christian militant sympathies and naked racism dripping from fangs like venom…but the man himself is not the sum of his followers, and when I disagree with Ron Paul its because of his statements…not the fringe of weenies that even make him cringe some days.

17. I may disagree with Ron Paul on a few issues here and there, especially the ardent libertarianism that leads to near total deregulation, but on the topic of foreign policy and fraudulent support of war…we are in complete sync, and I greatly respect the man from Texas who steps up to a microphone and says such things aloud.

• I think of myself as roughly 50% libertarian. I agree with small government in terms of social and foreign policy, but not in terms of economic policy. What libertarians fail to appreciate is that corporations can govern a nation with as much tyranny as any political system, and will do so if not kept in check. They don’t need to pass laws; just create an economic climate where you must choose between starvation and being a slave.

• I hear that.

But the owners of corporations, sadly, usually end up being the ones who write and re-write the legislation that that is supposedly there to keep them in check. Capitalism as we know it has never been truly free market. It has always been corporate-government partnership designed to advantage a tiny minority over the subservient masses.

I also am concerned about real environmental issue (not the phony ones used by corporate giants who wish to crush smaller competition) and the rights and grievances of our indigenous people. Most libertarians don’t seem to address these issues. Fortunately, every so called libertarian, by defintion, is an individual.

No politician should be trusted. All should be questioned. Voting records speak the truth. Thus far–Ron Paul’s is outstanding. And he has a long history. What he says is what he does.

18. I think of myself as roughly 50% libertarian. I agree with small government in terms of social and foreign policy, but not in terms of economic policy. What libertarians fail to appreciate is that corporations can govern a nation with as much tyranny as any political system, and will do so if not kept in check. They don’t need to pass laws; just create an economic climate where you must choose between starvation and being a slave.

19. I hear that.

20. I have. While I don’t agree with all he says, I have never found anything I would call wing nut or extreme…or radical. I hear those labels all the time. I also hear loads of others saying wing nut things–and saying those things are Ron Paul’s views.

21. I don’t quite get your point. Do you agree with the Bush/Obama foreign military policies? What Christian Supremacy? Do you know what South American policies Ron Paul has supported?

22. Hadrian999 | Nov 20, 2010 at 4:10 pm |

did you read his news letters, pretty wignutty.

23. I don’t know what news letters you’re referring to, but I’d like to see them. Where can I find them?

24. Hadrian999 | Nov 20, 2010 at 10:54 pm |

25. I’ve been searching. So far the only racist, homophobic, or otherwise wingnut stuff I have found come from others trying to disinform the public. He does of course have wack job followers–like every politician, writer, rock star and celebrity does.

26. Point?

27. DeepCough | Nov 21, 2010 at 10:33 pm |

Ron Paul makes too much sense, and that’s why he will never win.

28. DeepCough | Nov 21, 2010 at 6:33 pm |

Ron Paul makes too much sense, and that’s why he will never win.

29. yeah, link us, because i think you’re wrong

30. 011010011 | Dec 8, 2010 at 12:23 am |

31. Those newsletters are old news and have been debunked a long time ago, but it gets trotted out every time Ron Paul is making headway. Should we keep bringing up that Bill Clinton invoked racism against Obama in the primaries, and even said some pretty racist things about him in private when he thought he wasn’t being recorded? Why, Bill Clinton was the first black president don’t you know?!

32. Those newsletters are old news and have been debunked a long time ago, but it gets trotted out every time Ron Paul is making headway. Should we keep bringing up that Bill Clinton invoked racism against Obama in the primaries, and even said some pretty racist things about him in private when he thought he wasn’t being recorded? Why, Bill Clinton was the first black president don’t you know?!