Walmart To Screen DHS Propaganda Messages

CNN reports on a new public-private partnership between Walmart and Department of Homeland Security for a program called ‘If You See Something, Say Something’ which  “encourages the American public to take an active role in ensuring the safety and security of the nation.” Beginning in 2011, shoppers will be shown this Orwellian video message on Walmart checkout screens:

49 Comments on "Walmart To Screen DHS Propaganda Messages"

1. Cerebralcaustic | Dec 7, 2010 at 5:59 pm |

Disinfo to screen anti-DHS propaganda messages.

2. Next will be TSA style searches to get into Wally World.

3. Next will be TSA style searches to get into Wally World.

4. talk about product placement…

5. talk about product placement…

6. DeepCough | Dec 7, 2010 at 8:00 pm |

If we cared about the safety and security of our nation, then why do we keep allowing idiots to make decisions for us?

7. DeepCough | Dec 7, 2010 at 4:00 pm |

8. THIS IS BULLSHIT
    Good thing julian assange is jesus////

9. THIS IS BULLSHIT
    Good thing julian assange is jesus////

10. Cheesefania | Dec 7, 2010 at 8:08 pm |

Because that morbidly obese lady in line in front of you buying the case of Mallomars really is a threat to national security.

11. Cheesefania | Dec 7, 2010 at 4:08 pm |

12. Hadrian999 | Dec 7, 2010 at 10:16 pm |

i find it interesting that so many “conservatives” love the DHS considering it was both an increase in government power and spending, to of the great evils in right wing dogma.

13. Hadrian999 | Dec 7, 2010 at 6:16 pm |

i find it interesting that so many “conservatives” love the DHS considering it was both an increase in government power and spending, two of the great evils in right wing dogma.

14. Anonymous | Dec 7, 2010 at 10:58 pm |

lame. I can see why you usually copy/paste from other sources.

15. Most everyone I see in Wal-Mart acts as though they could possibly be alien terrorists, as human being do not behave or look as they do. Who is it I am to call, oh Wal-Mart overlords?

16. Most everyone I see in Wal-Mart acts as though they could possibly be alien terrorists, as human being do not behave or look as they do. Who is it I am to call, oh Wal-Mart overlords?

17. Never going to shop at walmart that is my oath.

18. Never going to shop at walmart that is my oath.

19. Anonymous | Dec 7, 2010 at 11:53 pm |

I live in Canada, and I’m getting the feeling we’re getting the same shit over here. I went to wal-mart around a month ago and everything seemed normal (by wal-mart standards), but when I went there a few days ago, I saw security scattered all around the store. There were two guards standing by the doors and quite a few of them patrolling the store itself.

20. dextronaut | Dec 7, 2010 at 7:53 pm |

21. Whats that? Corporate America and Big Government working hand in hand to dictate the way we should live our lives? Unthinkable!! How…how I ask you…in this land of Glenn Beck and freedom fries…could such a terrible thing come to pass???

Oh wait…that’s right…we’re a country largely dominated by spineless human jellyfish who live their days drifting from one emotional gut response to stimuli to the next, dancing like puppets based on what the faces in the awesome box in the living room tell us we should be thrilled/outraged/terrified by…

Kill your TV

Free your mind

22. Whats that? Corporate America and Big Government working hand in hand to dictate the way we should live our lives? Unthinkable!! How…how I ask you…in this land of Glenn Beck and freedom fries…could such a terrible thing come to pass???

Kill your TV

Free your mind

23. E.B. Wolf | Dec 8, 2010 at 2:24 am |

But, but, but, then I’ll miss the “Keeping up with the Kardashians” marathon!

24. Anonymous | Dec 8, 2010 at 2:41 am |

I find the contents of this video suspicious. Thanks for the idea Janet. Now who do I report to?

25. GoodDoktorBad | Dec 7, 2010 at 10:41 pm |

• Hadrian999 | Dec 7, 2010 at 10:43 pm |

i wonder if “see something, say something” could be used as a defense by a certain PFC?

• GoodDoktorBad | Dec 7, 2010 at 10:50 pm |

I see the tyrranical fools of this world strolling toward the abyss. Wal-mart is the gate to Hades and dear Janet is one of the smiling greeters at the door. I saw that movie. Everyone was soooo happy to be there….at least until they fell into the pit screaming….

26. Hadrian999 | Dec 8, 2010 at 2:43 am |

27. I lawled 🙂

28. Anonymous | Dec 8, 2010 at 2:50 am |

29. I’d like to report the suspicious conduct of a number of government employees…I saw them publicly displaying contempt for the Constitution and Bill Of Rights…that makes them either terrorists or traitors, right? Can we round them up, torture the truth from them and imprison them indefinetly?

PS: they’ve clustered near D.C. if you hurry you can catch them all before they get out of session for the year. One hint…they’re called Congress.

30. I’d like to report the suspicious conduct of a number of government employees…I saw them publicly displaying contempt for the Constitution and Bill Of Rights…that makes them either terrorists or traitors, right? Can we round them up, torture the truth from them and imprison them indefinetly?

31. I’d like to report the suspicious conduct of a number of government employees…I saw them publicly displaying contempt for the Constitution and Bill Of Rights…that makes them either terrorists or traitors, right? Can we round them up, torture the truth from them and imprison them indefinetly?

32. given that the founders of wal-mart built a multimillion dollar top secret bunker for themselves, it’s hardly surprising their paranoia is spreading to the stores.

33. given that the founders of wal-mart built a multimillion dollar top secret bunker for themselves, it’s hardly surprising their paranoia is spreading to the stores.

34. what Cerebralcaustic probably meant was – why done WE have some kind of commercials with a message that could help wake up the majority of people blind to truth. Fire with fire, all am saying 🙂 (coz weve tried water, theres just too much fire)

35. what Cerebralcaustic probably meant was – why done WE have some kind of commercials with a message that could help wake up the majority of people blind to truth. Fire with fire, all am saying 🙂 (coz weve tried water, theres just too much fire)

36. Ironaddict06 | Dec 8, 2010 at 3:12 pm |

So if I go to Walmart and I see a few Illegal-aliens can I call DHS?

37. Ironaddict06 | Dec 8, 2010 at 11:12 am |

So if I go to Walmart and I see a few Illegal-aliens can I call DHS?

38. Ironaddict06 | Dec 8, 2010 at 3:15 pm |

Or according to Helen Thomas, if I see Zionist do I call DHS?

39. Kirkshelley527 | Dec 10, 2010 at 2:12 pm |

I see someone buying a copy of the bill of rights, another buying a Bible or and someone buying a Koran

40. Kirkshelley527 | Dec 10, 2010 at 10:12 am |

41. Oh my VoxMagi you are mind of deep thoughts

42. The message is good. However…. RepubliCorp. That is all that I’ll say.

43. The message is good. However…. RepubliCorp. That is all that I’ll say.