Obama Signs School Lunch Law

Looks like there’s going to be a lot of pudding trades with kids who bring bagged lunch. USA Today’s The Oval reports:

In signing a new law today to improve the quality of school lunches, President Obama paid joking tribute to its most prominent supporter: first lady Michelle Obama.

“Not only am I very proud of the bill,” the president said, “but had I not been able to get this passed, I would be sleeping on the couch.”

Mrs. Obama, whose major issues include fighting childhood obesity, laughed and said, “let’s just say it got done, so we don’t have to go down that road.”

The Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010, a $4.5 billion measure, provides more free school meals to the pool, and gives the government more power to decide what foods can offered in those meals, as well as in school vending machines and fundraisers during school hours.

[Continues at The Oval]

, , , , , , ,

18 Responses to Obama Signs School Lunch Law

1. Anonymous December 13, 2010 at 10:00 pm #

National security threat…?

Yeah, if you drop them out of airplanes onto population centers and/or infrastructure, I guess lol

Someone needs to tell this shameless hypocrite to shut her pie-hole

Her own rear end looks like the back of a bus

2. ReaganiteRepublican December 13, 2010 at 6:00 pm #

National security threat…?

Someone needs to tell this shameless hypocrite to shut her pie-hole

Her own rear end looks like the back of a bus

• Virgendelasvacas December 14, 2010 at 5:24 pm #

In the immortal words of that black kid from Wondershozen: THAT’S RACIST!!!

Also, troll harder.

3. Hadrian999 December 13, 2010 at 7:49 pm #

oh well, real conservatives shouldn’t be getting school lunches anyway,
    it’s socialized dining

4. Hadrian999 December 13, 2010 at 11:49 pm #

oh well, real conservatives shouldn’t be getting school lunches anyway,
    it’s socialized dining

5. Mark December 13, 2010 at 10:52 pm #

I’m glad it only took our President 4.5 thousand million taxpayer dollars to insure he keeps getting laid.

• RussinSactown December 14, 2010 at 5:08 pm #

No one said he was getting laid. Just that he could sleep in a bed. You obviously haven’t been married long…

6. Mark December 14, 2010 at 2:52 am #

7. 5by5 December 14, 2010 at 10:01 am #

Good. This is a positive thing. And it probably only passed simply because it wasn’t prominent in the press as something which Obama supported, otherwise Republicans would have happily blocked healthy food for kids too.

8. 5by5 December 14, 2010 at 2:01 pm #

9. VoxMagi December 14, 2010 at 11:11 am #

Even the GOP had to pause for a moment and reconsider the backlash on “food for poor American children is a waste of tax dollars!”…during the Great Depression of our times. I mean…fiscal prudence is great…most of the time…but when you can only be bothered to be fiscally prudent when the money is in danger of helping a human being in need…and you burn the stuff the rest of the time like its going out of style…eventually everyone notices that you have no actual principles and are just making random excuses for douchebaggery.

• Hadrian999 December 14, 2010 at 1:25 pm #

the test will be how it is actually implemented by local schools.

10. VoxMagi December 14, 2010 at 3:11 pm #

11. Hadrian999 December 14, 2010 at 5:25 pm #

the test will be how it is actually implemented by local schools.

12. Anonymous December 14, 2010 at 9:08 pm #

13. Virgendelasvacas December 14, 2010 at 9:24 pm #

In the immortal words of that black kid from Wondershozen: THAT’S RACIST!!!

Also, troll harder.

14. Dvlnthebludrs December 15, 2010 at 12:45 am #

I would like to read the bill. I graduated high school in 2000 and our cafeteria had lunch choices that consisted of a local pizza franchise, slushie machines, and a candy assortment to rival any gas station. I now have two young children and I would like healthier choices offered to them. However, I know that often these types of bills have wonderful labels, but they aren’t at all what is suggested in the title. Doublespeak. :)

15. Dvlnthebludrs December 14, 2010 at 8:45 pm #