Peace Through Truth: 9/11 and State Crimes Against Democracy (Podcast)

Interchange — The Truth About 9/11: Graeme MacQueen and Laurie Manwell

Direct DownloadRSSWebsite

Graeme MacQueen and Laurie Manwell are prominent researchers in the national 9/11 Truth movement, seeking to educate the public regarding the facts of September 11, 2001 and calling for a new and independent investigation. Graeme MacQueen is founder of the Centre for Peace Studies at McMaster University and now a retired professor from that university. Laurie Manwell is a professor at Guelph University in Neuroscience and Applied Cognitive Sciences. MacQueen and Manwell were in Bloomington for a public presentation called “Peace Through Truth: 9/11 and State Crimes Against Democracy”. During their visit they sat down with local 9/11 Truth advocate Byron Bangert for an exploration of fact vs. fiction and how fear colors our perceptions.

22 Comments on "Peace Through Truth: 9/11 and State Crimes Against Democracy (Podcast)"

1. PinkElephantCollective | Dec 5, 2010 at 7:17 am |

Curious that WikiLeaks is mum on 9/11 Truth.
    Didn’t Assange say he was “annoyed” by 9/11 Truth?

Curiouser and Curiouser.

2. PinkElephantCollective | Dec 5, 2010 at 3:17 am |

Curious that WikiLeaks is mum on 9/11 Truth.
    Didn’t Assange say he was “annoyed” by 9/11 Truth?

Curiouser and Curiouser.

• E.B. Wolf | Dec 5, 2010 at 6:04 pm |

Possibly because the majority of people have their opinion set in stone on 9/11. No amount of evidence short of a public confession by the federal gov’t is going to sway it. Perhaps Assange prefers to focus on battles that are potentially winnable.

• dumbsaint | Dec 5, 2010 at 7:51 pm |

I imagine it’s because Wikileaks gets spammed by paranoid Alex Jones fans.

• Pinkelephantcollective | Dec 6, 2010 at 3:45 am |

To DumbSaint and E.B. Wolf. What did you think of the interview with Grame MacQueen?
          I think it’s fair to assume that as in all cases before it will require the people becoming adamant and aware in order for any real investigation to be possible. Seems as before collective liberty and survival is linked to pursuing justice.

“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere” captures better my sentiment.

Have you guys heard of the buildingwhat.org campaign? I think that is a very effective mechanism for waking people up.

Thank you for your comments. Please let me know what you think about the interview after you have listened to it.

• E.B. Wolf | Dec 6, 2010 at 6:32 pm |

I think the interview is a well-organized presentation of valid questions surrounding the 9/11 incident and lays out a compelling case that the official explanation is a bold-faced lie. Same goes for the buildingwhat link.

But I am still convinced that anyone who hasn’t “woken up” by now never will. They simply don’t want to.

I sincerely hope I am wrong but I can’t see most Americans ever being willing to consider that the U.S. government would kill its’ own citizens for strategic political advantage no matter how much evidence is placed in front of them. Most would rather be told nice, comforting lies.

• Nano_Thermite_911 | Dec 7, 2010 at 9:31 am |

Thank you E.B for your response. I have seen remarkable about faces in regards to questioning 9/11 here in the states. It can be frustrating still as even though people do know, their fear of reprisal can get the best of them. I wonder beyond education and signs of group protest what means could be employed to enable people to regain their courage.

Please let me know what you think.

I appreciate you both making the time to comment 🙂

• dumbsaint | Dec 7, 2010 at 7:39 am |

Pretty much what E.B said.

The case is certainly helped more by level headed discussion. I think the largest issue facing 9/11 truth is a PR one. Even in Australia, where I live, if there is 9/11 activism it is likely to be branded with prisonplanet.com banners. One look at a site like that and it’s easy to blow the whole thing off as the imaginations of the unhinged.

The good news is it’s been almost a decade. If you draw a parallel between 9/11 and JFK it wasn’t until some time had passed before people were comfortable enough to start questioning things.

• Nano_Thermite_911 | Dec 7, 2010 at 9:29 am |

Thank you for your response. I agree that it takes time to deal with these types of trauma and we are outpacing the JFK investigation. Thank god for the Internet.
            May I ask why the prison planet affiliation is damaging in your mind?

• Until
            we as a society demand more from our mainstream media and our politicians we are
            going to get much of the same.Prison Planet = Nut Job – they talk about every conspiracy out there (TSA, Chem Trails etc…)We need our mainstream media to bite into 9/11 truth movement or nothing will ever happen.

3. E.B. Wolf | Dec 5, 2010 at 10:04 pm |

4. I did not think there was anything to the conspiracy on 9/11 but am now convinced there is. Perhaps others can be convinced. My mind was changed immeditately after hearing the black boxes were never found. Anyone with a brain has to know that is not true. The black boxes are always found and most definately in a situation like this. Clearly there are things said in those recordings that would reveal the truth about how those towers really came down. Comments confirming the alleged explosions just prior to the crashes maybe? In any case I was a big skeptic and I think there are a lot of people that do not know about all the confilicting stories told by witnesses. They are not hearing it in the mainstream media-out of site out of mind. How do you wake people up in America?

5. I did not think there was anything to the conspiracy on 9/11 but am now convinced there is. Perhaps others can be convinced. My mind was changed immeditately after hearing the black boxes were never found. Anyone with a brain has to know that is not true. The black boxes are always found and most definately in a situation like this. Clearly there are things said in those recordings that would reveal the truth about how those towers really came down. Comments confirming the alleged explosions just prior to the crashes maybe? In any case I was a big skeptic and I think there are a lot of people that do not know about all the confilicting stories told by witnesses. They are not hearing it in the mainstream media-out of site out of mind. How do you wake people up in America?

• Nano_Thermite_911 | Dec 6, 2010 at 3:48 am |

Thank you Teller.
      Have you heard of the buildingwhat.org campaign? I think this is maybe the best effort on the part of the 9/11 truth movement to waking up the average apathetic American.

American’s need only know who is really screwing them to remember their resolve and do what is required at this stage in history. I think the 9/11 truth movement is the most powerful force for a radical shift in consciousness as this point in human history.

I invite comment.

-Nano

6. Anonymous | Dec 5, 2010 at 11:51 pm |

I imagine it’s because Wikileaks gets spammed by paranoid Alex Jones fans.

7. Pinkelephantcollective | Dec 6, 2010 at 7:45 am |

8. Nano_Thermite_911 | Dec 6, 2010 at 7:48 am |

Thank you Teller.

I invite comment.

-Nano

9. E.B. Wolf | Dec 6, 2010 at 10:32 pm |

10. Anonymous | Dec 7, 2010 at 11:39 am |

Pretty much what E.B said.

11. Nano_Thermite_911 | Dec 7, 2010 at 1:29 pm |

May I ask why the prison planet affiliation is damaging in your mind?

12. Nano_Thermite_911 | Dec 7, 2010 at 1:31 pm |

Please let me know what you think.

I appreciate you both making the time to comment 🙂