The single biggest story everywhere is the incredible saga surrounding WikiLeaks and larger than life leader Julian Assange, now languishing in a British jail. Among today’s headlines:
- Russia says Assange should be given the Nobel Peace Prize, with a source in President Medvedev’s office stating “”Public and non-governmental organisations should think of how to help him.”
- Glenn Beck calls a foul on the government actions against Assange:
I want you to know, I am not defending Assange. I think he is a dirt bag. I think he is a dirt bag. He obviously has no problem using his 15 minutes of fame to sleep with anyone who is crawling.
But I have to tell you something, if you look at the people who are all lining up in defense of Julian Assange, and you see that these two are uber-leftists as well and you know the case that we have laid out over especially the last six months of bottom-up, top-down and inside-out, something is wrong.
I want you to know the government is lying to you. I have made a living out of the last two years telling you the government is lying. Julian Assange is not saying anything new. But why?
I go back to the beginning. Why is he being held up by the uber-left? And the same uber-left demonizes me. Well, maybe because I don’t want revolution. I just want honesty and integrity.
This guy believes in global chaos and bringing down the system. This man is different. And that — that is the problem. He is a dangerous man…
- Twitter and Facebook are closing accounts of people suspected of being part of the Anonymous group that attacked the websites of MasterCard, PayPal and other enemies of WikiLeaks.
There’s lots more of course, to keep us entertained or, um, distracted from the major domestic issues of the day, like the Bush tax cuts for the rich being extended…
Latest posts by majestic (see all)
- Why I Hate Thanksgiving - Nov 24, 2016
- Jesus Was an Alien - Nov 22, 2016
- How Alex Jones, conspiracy theorist extraordinaire, got Donald Trump’s ear - Nov 17, 2016