Planets Viewed From Earth As If They Were At The Moon’s Distance (Animation)

Great job by BradBlogSpeed.com. Have to say … I am afraid of Jupiter!:

44 Comments on "Planets Viewed From Earth As If They Were At The Moon’s Distance (Animation)"

1. I agree! Even with your warning and full knowledge of Jupiter enormity my heart raced as it appeared!

2. I agree! Even with your warning and full knowledge of Jupiter enormity my heart raced as it appeared!

3. Music_gal_chelsea | Jan 31, 2011 at 12:54 pm |

jupiter was scary D:

4. Music_gal_chelsea | Jan 31, 2011 at 8:54 am |

jupiter was scary D:

5. I wish they would have shown all of the planets. =/

6. I wish they would have shown all of the planets. =/

7. Yeah, the video should have included all planets, as well as the whole issue of some planets having a stronger gravitational pull than ours; where it would more like we’d be their moon (or one of them) if they were that close.

8. Yeah, the video should have included all planets, as well as the whole issue of some planets having a stronger gravitational pull than ours; where it would more like we’d be their moon (or one of them) if they were that close.

9. Johnny5robot | Jan 31, 2011 at 6:18 pm |

looks like science dropped a few more planets since pluto… where are the rest of the planets?

10. Johnny5robot | Jan 31, 2011 at 2:18 pm |

11. Choowkid Lin | Jan 31, 2011 at 6:28 pm |

Jupiter is nothing compared to our sun…
    And our sun is nothing compared to several other stars out there…

Some stars are so immense that our sun is just a little dot compared to it.

12. Choowkid Lin | Jan 31, 2011 at 2:28 pm |

Jupiter is nothing compared to our sun…
    And our sun is nothing compared to several other stars out there…

Some stars are so immense that our sun is just a little dot compared to it.

13. I am disappointed that ALL of the planets were not featured. I was so looking forward to Saturn.

14. I am disappointed that ALL of the planets were not featured. I was so looking forward to Saturn.

15. Where is Uranus?

16. Where is Uranus?

17. Jupiter was just plain frightening

18. Jupiter was just plain frightening

19. Gypsiesailor | Jan 31, 2011 at 10:27 pm |

Did anyone else notice that the Earth was rotating in the wrong direction

20. Gypsiesailor | Jan 31, 2011 at 6:27 pm |

Did anyone else notice that the Earth was rotating in the wrong direction

21. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! O_O

22. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! O_O

23. Anonymous | Feb 1, 2011 at 12:29 am |

jupiter was really unnerving

24. Anonymous | Jan 31, 2011 at 8:29 pm |

jupiter was really unnerving

25. Gee you’d think that they would have the earth spinning the right way.
    As they show it the sunrise would be coming up in the west.

26. Gee you’d think that they would have the earth spinning the right way.
    As they show it the sunrise would be coming up in the west.

27. Gee you’d think that they would have the earth spinning the right way.
    As they show it the sunrise would be coming up in the west.

• LookAtTheBigPicture | Jan 31, 2011 at 10:15 pm |

Jesus Christ talk about nitpicking. Seems like a lot of that here. When you make your own animation, I’m sure you will take care of all these minor issues.

28. LookAtTheBigPicture | Feb 1, 2011 at 2:15 am |

29. Mgraiziger | Feb 1, 2011 at 4:06 am |

agreed on Jupiter, lets never get that close

30. Mgraiziger | Feb 1, 2011 at 12:06 am |

agreed on Jupiter, lets never get that close

31. Are we assuming that the core of the planet is the same distance away or is it the closest edge that is the same distance away?

32. Are we assuming that the core of the planet is the same distance away or is it the closest edge that is the same distance away?

33. They could have done it better by adding a city scape

34. Martingh | Feb 1, 2011 at 7:37 am |

They could have done it better by adding a city scape

35. 0.0 me 0.0 | Feb 1, 2011 at 2:32 pm |

I was like Neptune! Holy shit! Then I almost pissed myself when I saw Jupiter.

36. 0.0 me 0.0 | Feb 1, 2011 at 10:32 am |

I was like Neptune! Holy shit! Then I almost pissed myself when I saw Jupiter.

37. justagirl | Feb 1, 2011 at 5:39 pm |

oh for heaven’s sake!! *facepalm*

38. I think this was great! Thanks for doing this. I will say – it would have been nice to see the other planets, but it is still really nifty as is. Those of you who are sounding disappointed saying it SHOULD have included the other planets, please realize that this was not assigned by you so it does not have to meet your specifications. Just enjoy what we do have!

39. I think this was great! Thanks for doing this. I will say – it would have been nice to see the other planets, but it is still really nifty as is. Those of you who are sounding disappointed saying it SHOULD have included the other planets, please realize that this was not assigned by you so it does not have to meet your specifications. Just enjoy what we do have!

40. The music needs to transition as the planets get bigger and bigger…from light space woo to vaguely creepy low-frequency vibrations to a soul-chilling primal scream from the maw of the universe itself.

41. The music needs to transition as the planets get bigger and bigger…from light space woo to vaguely creepy low-frequency vibrations to a soul-chilling primal scream from the maw of the universe itself.

42. There is no “right” direction when looking at the sky.

Face your body south.  Now look up.
    Face your body north.  Now look up – the stars are rotating in the opposite direction.
    Face your body east/west, then reverse.  Now look up – Yikes!  Now they’re going vertical!