I am sure this post will spark, the perennial “Guns Kill People” Vs. “People Kill People” debate we have in the United States, and my interest is to further the discourse, not draw an opinion in this debate as related to what happened in Tucson yet. Here are some things I’ve noticed reported by the media:
- The Wall Street Journal has revealed Arizona shooting suspect Jared Loughner was actually turned away at one Wal-Mart but able to buy bullets at another Wal-Mart just hours before the attack. To the right is his mugshot, released from the Pima County Sheriff’s Office.
- There is also some debate as to whether the Federal Assault Weapons Ban that expired in 2004 would have prevented (or lessened the number of victims in) the shooting.
- Furthermore, it’s a bit of a mystery how Loughner was able to buy an expensive pistol in the first place.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Latest posts by ralph (see all)
- Fats Domino Has A Really Awesome Couch - Nov 8, 2012
- You Are Still Being Lied To: Howard Zinn’s “Columbus and Western Civilization” - Oct 8, 2012
- If ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’ Was Marketed Today (Video) - Jul 27, 2012