‘Zeitgeist: Moving Forward’ Launches Today In 60 Countries

If you’re wondering what movie to see this weekend, you would do well to avoid Hollywood pulp like The Green Hornet and instead check out the latest in Peter Joseph’s Zeitgeist series of films — the first to receive a “real” theatrical release. It’s still out of the mainstream so don’t expect to find it at your local mall cineplex, but it is screening in a lot of places (click here for a global screening map).

Of course Joseph is not without his critics (most recently because Jared Loughner was reportedly influenced by Zeitgeist), especially in connection with The Venus Project, but at the very least his film will make you think, unlike, say Little Fockers, also on wide release this weekend…  Here’s the trailer:

majestic

Majestic is gadfly emeritus.

Latest posts by majestic (see all)

20 Comments on "‘Zeitgeist: Moving Forward’ Launches Today In 60 Countries"

1. I hope I can get them to bring it to Michigan somwhere.

2. I hope I can get them to bring it to Michigan somwhere.

3. Tuna Ghost | Jan 16, 2011 at 8:21 am |

Will this movie also be 90% factual errors?

4. Tuna Ghost | Jan 16, 2011 at 4:21 am |

Will this movie also be 90% factual errors?

• hunter349 | Jan 16, 2011 at 4:37 am |

I hope not. I enjoyed the first two movies because of the overall message of living in a more sustainable way that does not require people to suffer. They both had wide open flaws in some of the info they used to get their message across though. Zeitgeist II was a more thought through film than the first one (still had it’s inaccuracies though) I hope this one evolves again and is more skeptical when deciding what “facts” they use to prove their point.

5. Anonymous | Jan 16, 2011 at 8:37 am |

6. I hope youtube learns how to fu**ing. buffer 2011 geeksquad, figure the arithmetic out please.

7. I hope youtube learns how to fu**ing. buffer 2011 geeksquad, figure the arithmetic out please.

8. And the editors of this site recently stated to people that submit stories:
    “We don’t publish ads for films” HAHAHAHA

9. agreed, im out of grand rapids, and would love to see them bring it close to here.

10. Anonymous | Jan 17, 2011 at 3:22 am |

It’s a non profit film. It will be free to view on the 25th of January. Their site gives you a link to the torrent and the youtube video of it.

11. saw the film and then had to go see it again, it was amazing

12. saw the film and then had to go see it again, it was amazing

13. Watched it, thought it was rather boring. Not very informative like the first two.

14. Watched it, thought it was rather boring. Not very informative like the first two.

15. Mcservice | Jan 26, 2011 at 10:17 am |

“Them”??? YOU can download it and share it wherever YOU like!!!

16. The movie is now officially released at this address: