11-Year-Old Arrested In Colorado Over Violent Drawing

The Daily News brings you this latest piece of police state madness:

An 11-year-old boy was arrested, fingerprinted and handcuffed by police in Colorado all because of a stick-figure drawing he made in class. Now his parents say they are out thousands of dollars as a result of the arrest, which took place in October and led to the boy being put on probation.

“It was heart wrenching to see my… 11-year-old son walk out my front door in handcuffs,” said the child’s mother in a report Monday on Fox 31 News in Denver.

The boy, identified as “Tim” because the family did not want their names used, suffers from Attention Deficit Disorder and was told by his therapist to draw pictures when he feels himself get upset or agitated.

On that day last year, he drew a picture of himself as a stick figure, using a gun to shoot several other stick figure people, his mother said. Above the figures he wrote, “teachers must die” and “music sucks.”…

You can pretty much guess the rest — but if you want to suffer through it, it’s at the Daily News.

34 Comments on "11-Year-Old Arrested In Colorado Over Violent Drawing"

1. Colorado = 6800 ft above sea level = thinner atmosphere = less oxygen to the brain = lessened ability for rational thinking = state comprised of morons.
    I would draw a stick figure diagram of the above formula but fear I would end up in front of a firing squad if I did so.
    Can’t *WAIT* to see the practiced, lawyer-ly and likely ridiculous reason the police give for this arrest.

2. Colorado = 6800 ft above sea level = thinner atmosphere = less oxygen to the brain = lessened ability for rational thinking = state comprised of morons.

3. justagirl | Feb 25, 2011 at 7:04 pm |

they need to loose the shrink and get the kid some drawring lessons.

4. justagirl | Feb 25, 2011 at 3:04 pm |

they need to loose the shrink and get the kid some drawring lessons.

5. Nadianetwork | Feb 25, 2011 at 7:56 pm |

“Never been in trouble before”. NO SHIT> NOW… He is officially in the system forever. They need to hire an attorney NOW and get his records, prints, mugshot EXPUNGED.

6. Nadianetwork | Feb 25, 2011 at 3:56 pm |

• And while they’re at it file suit against the local PD and school board for wrongful arrest and damages from psychological distress. This is seriously fucked up and stupid.

• Amino14th | Feb 28, 2011 at 10:11 am |

Sue them until you own their houses and cars and they’ve paid you millions fo rthis and got a guarantee scholarship for your son,

• Rscratchb | Feb 25, 2011 at 4:35 pm |

expungind doesn t work anymore what makes it onto the internerd, stays on the internerd, period

• What, exactly, was he arrested for? Last time I checked, drawing stick figures was not a crime.

• Hey…in todays thought police, future-crime, pre-arrest ‘based on potential but as yet undetermined outcomes’ era…anything goes. Remember…its not what you do that matters…its what you maybe might kinda sorta imply vaguely through any statement, image, action, appearance or allegation by others.

7. And while they’re at it file suit against the local PD and school board for wrongful arrest and damages from psychological distress. This is seriously fucked up and stupid.

8. Rscratchb | Feb 25, 2011 at 8:35 pm |

9. What, exactly, was he arrested for? Last time I checked, drawing stick figures was not a crime.

10. In his 60 Minutes interview Julian Assange talked about how his mother was an anti-nuclear activist, and how when he was a kid she got pulled over and intimidated by the police with him in the car. That was a formative experience for him; just as this will be for the boy in question. In 10 or 20 years, they might be just as regretful of the outcome.

11. In his 60 Minutes interview Julian Assange talked about how his mother was an anti-nuclear activist, and how when he was a kid she got pulled over and intimidated by the police with him in the car. That was a formative experience for him; just as this will be for the boy in question. In 10 or 20 years, they might be just as regretful of the outcome.

• DeepCough | Feb 26, 2011 at 5:44 am |

See, he was just venting his frustration in the form of a stick figure drawing. Now, after this experience, they just created another Unabomber.

12. Hey…in todays thought police, future-crime, pre-arrest ‘based on potential but as yet undetermined outcomes’ era…anything goes. Remember…its not what you do that matters…its what you maybe might kinda sorta imply vaguely through any statement, image, action, appearance or allegation by others.

13. DeepCough | Feb 26, 2011 at 9:44 am |

14. Never been in trouble before, won’t “re-offend” (y’know, cause what he did was so bad in the first place) Sure, the picture might be a little creepy but not enough to be arrested for it

15. Never been in trouble before, won’t “re-offend” (y’know, cause what he did was so bad in the first place) Sure, the picture might be a little creepy but not enough to be arrested for it

16. Strummingbabe | Feb 27, 2011 at 3:46 am |

Fucking stupid!!!!!!!

17. Strummingbabe | Feb 26, 2011 at 11:46 pm |

Fucking stupid!!!!!!!

18. Bud Bundy | Feb 27, 2011 at 5:58 am |

I remember the contests we had in 4th and 5th grade where we would see who could draw the most bloody scene possible. My personal favorite was “blodfest 13: the final revenge”

The teacher would remark that we watched too many movies and laugh. Nowadays we’d be branded potential terrorists and put into counseling for acting like 11 year old boys, as 11 year old boys.

19. Bud Bundy | Feb 27, 2011 at 1:58 am |

20. Wat.

21. Wat.

22. Amino14th | Feb 28, 2011 at 2:08 pm |

I like his style he’s a bit rough but I could train him to do reality art in a meaningful way on a larger scale for example we could load up a truck of all the waste brought by illegals and dump it ar som choice places in town like the Mayors office the school boards administration, in the parking lot in front of their cars. Or Mass produce a poster like it and add more too and post them everywhere I suggest we pur one shooting Obama LMAO and how about some Klan pictures so we have a good old fashioned cracker evival

23. Amino14th | Feb 28, 2011 at 10:08 am |

24. Amino14th | Feb 28, 2011 at 2:11 pm |

25. KeithStone | Feb 28, 2011 at 7:12 pm |

When I was his age I constantly drew pictures of my math teacher, that I hated, being raped by farm animals. I was actually quite gifted at capturing his likeness ( I am currently a graphic designer). I wonder what I would have been arrested for today had my teacher found those drawings. Potential animal cruelty? Conspiracy to promote Bestiality? This world is crazy.

26. KeithStone | Feb 28, 2011 at 3:12 pm |

27. Badliljess | Apr 6, 2011 at 6:18 pm |

Welcome to the United States of Amerika. This is because we the people refuse to put a stop to such things.
    Go on, keep sitting there in front of your computer. Do nothing.

28. Badliljess | Apr 6, 2011 at 2:18 pm |

Go on, keep sitting there in front of your computer. Do nothing.