Super BowlFrom last week’s Real Time With Bill Maher, also on the Huffington Post:

New Rule: With the Super Bowl only a week away, Americans must realize what makes NFL football so great: socialism. That’s right, for all the F-15 flyovers and flag waving, football is our most successful sport because the NFL takes money from the rich teams and gives it to the poor teams … just like President Obama wants to do with his secret army of ACORN volunteers. Green Bay, Wisconsin has a population of 100,000. Yet this sleepy little town on the banks of the Fuck-if-I-know River has just as much of a chance of making it to the Super Bowl as the New York Jets — who next year need to just shut the hell up and play.

Now, me personally, I haven’t watched a Super Bowl since 2004, when Janet Jackson’s nipple popped out during half time, and that split-second glimpse of an unrestrained black titty burned my eyes and offended me as a Christian. But I get it – who doesn’t love the spectacle of juiced-up millionaires giving each other brain damage on a giant flat-screen TV with a picture so realistic it feels like Ben Roethlisberger is in your living room, grabbing your sister?

It’s no surprise that some 100 million Americans will watch the Super Bowl next week — that’s 40 million more than go to church on Christmas — suck on that, Jesus! It’s also 85 million more than watched the last game of the World Series, and in that is an economic lesson for America. Because football is built on an economic model of fairness and opportunity…

Read More of Bill Maher’s New Rule on the Huffington Post

11 Comments on "Bill Maher: Americans Must Realize What Makes NFL Football So Great — Socialism (Video)"

1. mrtastycakes | Feb 6, 2011 at 9:18 pm |

Also, the Packers are organized as a cooperative. As in, they are owned completely by the people, no single entity is allowed to be a majority owner, and owning only entitles you to voting rights and no money (which is why the team has remained in Green Bay, saving it from becoming a Flint or Detroit). All money after expenses (“profit”) is redistributed to social programs. Crazy, huh?

2. mrtastycakes | Feb 6, 2011 at 9:18 pm |

3. mrtastycakes | Feb 6, 2011 at 5:18 pm |

4. Francoistremblay28 | Feb 6, 2011 at 9:55 pm |

Interesting how much Americans support socialism in their culture, while hating the concept at the same time…

5. Francoistremblay28 | Feb 6, 2011 at 5:55 pm |

6. I stopped reading at “unrestrained black titty burned my eyes and offended me as a Christian.”

7. I stopped reading at “unrestrained black titty burned my eyes and offended me as a Christian.”

8. Bud Bundy | Feb 8, 2011 at 6:40 am |

This guy is so full of win

9. Bud Bundy | Feb 8, 2011 at 2:40 am |

This guy is so full of win

10. Taargus Taargus | Feb 10, 2011 at 4:44 am |

Why would you comment on an article you didn’t finish?