Lauren Feeney elicited some gems from futurist Ray Kurzweil in her interview for PBS. Among his predictions:
- “In 20 years we’ll be meeting all of our energy needs with solar.”
- Life extension technology is about to take off — meaning far greater life expectancy.
- There will be no water shortage as we use the abundant electricity to convert polluted water.
- We are going to have plenty of food from “vertical agriculture, where we grow plants, fruits, vegetables and meat in computerized factories by artificial intelligence; hydroponic plants tended by intelligent robots to create fruits and vegetables, in-vitro cloned meats, basically just cloning the part of the animal that you want to eat, which is the muscled tissue.”
- We shouldn’t worry about climate change — the new technologies we’re developing will beat it.
Crazy stuff! I’m not sure I want to eat cloned portions of animals grown in a lab…
Read the whole interview at PBS.
Latest posts by majestic (see all)
- ‘Stranger Things’ Is Really ‘The Montauk Project - Sep 20, 2016
- Jay-Z’s Animated Video Op-Ed: The War On Drugs Is An Epic Fail - Sep 18, 2016
- Alan Moore’s Favorite Books - Sep 9, 2016