A group calling themselves the Food Liberation Army has kidnapped Ronald McDonald and has a list of demands for McDonald’s. If the fast food megacorp fails to meet the demands god only knows what the ruthless Finns will do to him…
We are the Food Liberation Army, and we hope that this extreme action will take us towards a better and safer food future.
Two days ago we kidnapped Ronald McDonald from a McDonald’s Restaurant. If you do not answer all the questions we will execute Ronald on Friday February 11, 2011 at 6:30PM EET.
We love burgers, fries and McDonald’s, but we can no longer watch silent when the food we love is being destroyed and brought to shame because of greed and indifference. Because of your short-sightedness your burgers have become nearly inedible.
That is why we want to help McDonald’s to save food. We made you a list of questions we want you to answer. We hope that your answers will make you understand the dilapidation of the food culture we love and the appropriate measures.
1. Why are you not open about the manufacturing processes, raw materials and additives used in your products? What are you afraid?
2. How many tons of un-recycled waste you produce per year? Why do you not publish that figure?
3. Do you operate with unethical actors, such as illegal immigrants? Why?
4. Why do not you take responsibility of your culinary consequences? Why do you not seek to prevent obesity, diabetes and their ramification deceases?
5. Why do you not just use ethically produced meat? Do you not think it should be a goal for everyone to serve meat of an animal that has has had a good, clean and drug free life? Why is it not your goal?
6. Why is cheap production cost your main value?
7. Do you think your only goal is to maximize your owners´s profits? What do you think would happen if you begin to produce quality to your customers?
8. You are big and global player that reaches a significant part of the earth’s people. Why do you use your power to short-sightedly maximize profits and not to create a better world ?
We are not alone, but represent a rapidly growing population. We have moved quickly towards better quality and ethicality of consumption. It is in your interest to answer our questions publicly, and develop your activities through them. Only this way you will survive in the future. Listen to our message and the Move. We will reward you by eating more of your burgers.
You have until Friday February 11 at 6:30PM EET to respond to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Silence is interpreted a negative answer. Have a nice day.
Thanks to Kim N. for sending this to us. She writes:
Check this out. Have been trying to figure out if this was guerilla marketing from McD or hilarious practical action.
As far as I can say it seems genuine, I found out that McD has asked police to start investigation.
Anyway if they publish execution of kidnapped Ronald on next friday we will have first imaginary casualty on war on terror.