Sand Animation Depicts German Invasion of USSR (Video)

Kseniya Simonova gave this performance on Ukraine’s Got Talent:

20 Comments on "Sand Animation Depicts German Invasion of USSR (Video)"

1. Anonymous | Feb 28, 2011 at 6:41 am |

Wow.

2. dumbsaint | Feb 28, 2011 at 2:41 am |

Wow.

3. That was just amazing.

US citizens trying for these equivalent heights need to see this set as the bar, so they have an understanding that lesser beings need not apply.

4. That was just amazing.

5. One of the most beautiful performances I’ve ever seen, brought a tear to my eye more then once.

6. One of the most beautiful performances I’ve ever seen, brought a tear to my eye more then once.

7. DeepCough | Feb 28, 2011 at 4:40 pm |

Who knew that mere sand could make Russians cry…..

8. DeepCough | Feb 28, 2011 at 12:40 pm |

Who knew that mere sand could make Russians cry…..

9. Why not? Afghanistan already did.

(Sorry…I had to go for the one liner. Nothing personal.) 🙂

10. Saw this yesterday and just sat in amazement with my better half. This girl has a staggering talent that makes me grateful I live in a world with the internet…because moments where someones artistic ability left me almost numb with shock and awe are rare enough even with mass communications at our fingertips.

11. Saw this yesterday and just sat in amazement with my better half. This girl has a staggering talent that makes me grateful I live in a world with the internet…because moments where someones artistic ability left me almost numb with shock and awe are rare enough even with mass communications at our fingertips.

12. metallica ftw

13. metallica ftw

14. SoSpecial | Mar 1, 2011 at 1:01 pm |

This literally had me on the verge of tears, I don’t even know that much about the subject matter and I Still felt the overwhelming sorrow of what was being performed. This really takes the cake on one of the best performances I’ve ever seen in a talent TV show.

The Apocalyptica was also a nice touch, it was one of the few things that really brought a smile amongst the weeping eyes.

15. SoSpecial | Mar 1, 2011 at 9:01 am |

16. Anonymous | Mar 1, 2011 at 4:57 pm |

Her technique goes beyond simple illustration. Her images flow from her fingertips in a way no film could expresss as well. Combined with the music and her singular beauty -there is nothing else like this……
    The pinnacle of high art and originality….

17. GoodDoktorBad | Mar 1, 2011 at 12:57 pm |

The pinnacle of high art and originality….