Ever Want to Yell at 300 Billionaires Who Helped Wreck the Economy? (Video)

USUncutAt Bank of America’s first Investor Conference in three years (3/8/11), organizers from US Uncut crashed the event to protest corporate tax dodgers and public service cuts. The room was packed with 300 hedge fund managers, institutional investors, & asset managers.

What US Uncut said:

When corporations like Bank of America don’t pay their fair share of taxes, we have to ‘cut’ teachers, firefighters, and public servants. Do you pay your taxes? So do we. Why don’t corporations pay their fair share, just like everyone else? Bank of America is Bad for America. Bank of America pockets Billions in profits and bailouts, but $0 in American taxes — that’s immoral and un-American.

, , , , , , , , ,

16 Responses to Ever Want to Yell at 300 Billionaires Who Helped Wreck the Economy? (Video)

1. DeepCough March 9, 2011 at 2:23 pm #

United States really needs to take a cue from the French Revolution: instead of knocking down the Bastille, it should storm the Fed.

2. DeepCough March 9, 2011 at 10:23 am #

• WhiteRose March 9, 2011 at 11:29 am #

It wouldn’t matter these days… all the “data” is backed up in China ha ha

3. WhiteRose March 9, 2011 at 3:28 pm #

Politicians like their jobs that bring power and big corporations know this which is why they hire very expensive lobbyist and make campaign contributions. Really it seems as though the government has turned into the Mafia, but even the Mafia has a code of conduct! I wish Bush hadn’t changed the capital gains tax I never would have sold my property. Perhaps this law change along with the Glass-Steagall passed during Clintons lame duck by the Republicans helped crash the housing market. Everybody was flipping and then the bon temps STOPPED.

4. WhiteRose March 9, 2011 at 11:28 am #

5. WhiteRose March 9, 2011 at 3:29 pm #

It wouldn’t matter these days… all the “data” is backed up in China ha ha

6. Dlmorrow1 March 9, 2011 at 4:24 pm #

Bank of American should forgive the debt I owe them!

7. Dlmorrow1 March 9, 2011 at 12:24 pm #

Bank of American should forgive the debt I owe them!

8. Anonymous March 9, 2011 at 5:48 pm #

While I concur with their complaints against the banks…..doesn’t this demonstration seem lame and ineffectual? “pay your taxes! Bye”? That’s it? Boy, they really told those Bank of America guys….I’m sure all those exec’s will all go home and repent now……

9. GoodDoktorBad March 9, 2011 at 1:48 pm #

10. Float410 March 9, 2011 at 6:36 pm #

Not so cool when the guy is running away at the end there.

11. Float410 March 9, 2011 at 2:36 pm #

Not so cool when the guy is running away at the end there.

12. James T Marlowe March 9, 2011 at 9:23 pm #

Well that was effective … wow you guys really showed those bankers who’s boss! They’re going to pay their taxes now for sure.

13. DrDavidKelly March 9, 2011 at 5:23 pm #

14. JTM March 9, 2011 at 9:31 pm #

I think it was the running away whilst the bankers tucked into their second course that really put the wind up them.

15. DrDavidKelly March 9, 2011 at 5:31 pm #