Horror Filmmaker Keeps Dead Mother’s Body

800px-Psycho_House-Universal_Studios-Los_Angeles-California4481

The house from Alfred Hitchock's "Psycho". Photo: Poco a poco (CC)

This story seems like it came directly from Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho. It’s an interesting portrayal of life imitating art. Arizona Daily Star reports:

A Tombstone man was arrested Wednesday after authorities found the decomposed body of a woman believed to be his mother inside her home.

The Tombstone Marshal’s Office received a call Wednesday to do a welfare check on Jill Fattig, 68, at her home in Tombstone, said Marshal Billy Cloud.

A deputy went to the home but, when no one answered the door, he went to question the woman’s son, Timothy Fattig.

Fattig, 34, told the deputy that his mother was at a hospital in Tucson. When the deputy found this was not the case, he went back to Fattig, who eventually told him his mother had died about a year go.

After obtaining a search warrant, deputies found the skeletal remains of a woman inside Jill Fattig’s home, Cloud said.

[Continues at Arizona Daily Star]

, , , , , , ,

12 Responses to Horror Filmmaker Keeps Dead Mother’s Body

1. DeepCough March 14, 2011 at 6:40 pm #

Let me guess, this guy was doing research for “A Rose for Emily.”

2. DeepCough March 14, 2011 at 10:40 pm #

Let me guess, this guy was doing research for “A Rose for Emily.”

3. Chaorder Gradient March 15, 2011 at 3:08 am #

lol necrophelia

4. VoxMagi March 15, 2011 at 2:11 am #

Goddam AZ…keep bringin the freaky. The horrorshow…is your lives.

5. VoxMagi March 15, 2011 at 6:11 am #

Goddam AZ…keep bringin the freaky. The horrorshow…is your lives.

6. Gothgirlwroses March 16, 2011 at 5:03 am #

If anyone cares, Fattig was found innocent of the negligent homicide charges and they were dropped.
    So sick of these Psycho comparisons…

7. Gothgirlwroses March 16, 2011 at 1:03 am #

So sick of these Psycho comparisons…

8. Sixgun Dan March 16, 2011 at 6:25 am #

Tim is a nice guy. He was working with Huckelberry Productions at the OK Corral doing the gunfight reenactment back when I used to be a gunfighter at Sixgun City. We used to hit the bars at night together on occassion. Really funny. Quoted Monty Python a lot. Never struk me as the Norman Bates kind of guy. I think he used to do the renisance festival with Steven Keith back in Colorado.

9. Sixgun Dan March 16, 2011 at 2:25 am #

10. Mark Siragusa March 16, 2011 at 2:45 am #

I saw “filmmaker” first, then started hoping it was michael bay.

11. Mark Siragusa March 16, 2011 at 6:45 am #

I saw “filmmaker” first, then started hoping it was michael bay.