Is U.S. West Coast About To Experience The Next Great Quake?

disinfo reader Aleph Omega sent along this video from Fox News’s Cavuto show, saying:

The geologist [Jim Berkland] who predicted 1989 SF earthquake within 4 days is predicting an earthquake on the west coast within the next month, but more likely between 3.19.11 through 3.26.11. His telltale signs are: rare closeness of the moon to earth (full moon is tomorrow), equinoctial tides on the 20th, earth and groundwater tides — all of which loosen pressure in the earth. Also, massive fish kills in Redondo Beach and whale beaching.

majestic

Majestic is gadfly emeritus.

Latest posts by majestic (see all)

28 Comments on "Is U.S. West Coast About To Experience The Next Great Quake?"

1. Glenn Beck | Mar 18, 2011 at 8:41 pm |

Well, the U.S. certainly does have it coming, what with Afghanistan, Iraq, the domestic spying programmes, etc. It’d be like some kind of message from God or something.

2. Glenn Beck | Mar 18, 2011 at 4:41 pm |

• You will not be raptured with the rest of us on May 21st with that attitude.

• Distasteful, but somewhat warranted with the amount of people calling the Japan quake karma for Pearl Harbour..

• madrigal50 | Mar 19, 2011 at 7:58 pm |

woah there… japan got its karma for Pearl Harbor. Do you not remember the nukes we dropped in nagasaki and hiroshima? That’s just ignorant of you to say my friend.

• Please re-read my post “amount of people calling the Japan quake karma”

I do not agree with this position, this is my point. Please retract your statement.

• And it’s thoughtless of you to not realize he was mentioning what other people said, and critically too.

• suck a f@rt

• Bill O'Reilly | Mar 19, 2011 at 11:06 am |

Hold on there, chap–don’t you think you’re being rather harsh?

Becksie does have something of a point there. Though, in my own opinion, if it does come down to a Great Quake, it’d more likely be for America’s support of the Mubarak regime than anything else. Fascists.

3. You will not be raptured with the rest of us on May 21st with that attitude.

4. Distasteful, but somewhat warranted with the amount of people calling the Japan quake karma for Pearl Harbour..

5. suck a f@rt

6. The fullness of the moon has nothing to do with how much gravity it exerts. That said, if the Cascadia Subduction Zone goes, that could be some major shit.

7. The fullness of the moon has nothing to do with how much gravity it exerts. That said, if the Cascadia Subduction Zone goes, that could be some major shit.

8. Anonymous | Mar 19, 2011 at 12:54 am |

9. Japan moved 8ft with that 9.1 Quake. I was pondering the possibility of that freeing the tectonic plate to move forward easier on the American west coast side…

10. Haha !!

11. Haha !!

12. Bill O'Reilly | Mar 19, 2011 at 3:06 pm |

Hold on there, chap–don’t you think you’re being rather harsh?

13. YOU GUYS BETTER START TO MOVE THIS WAY…

14. YOU GUYS BETTER START TO MOVE THIS WAY…

15. madrigal50 | Mar 19, 2011 at 11:58 pm |

16. Please re-read my post “amount of people calling the Japan quake karma”

17. And it’s thoughtless of you to not realize he was mentioning what other people said, and critically too.

18. WhiteRose | Mar 20, 2011 at 5:44 am |

I think Hawaii is next.

19. WhiteRose | Mar 20, 2011 at 1:44 am |

I think Hawaii is next.

20. vancouverite | Mar 20, 2011 at 11:47 am |

The west coast has been waiting for ‘the big one’ for years. That little juan de fuca plate is ready to fuck some shit up.

21. vancouverite | Mar 20, 2011 at 7:47 am |