Make Your Own Remote-Controlled CockroachBorg

Slightly modify the circuitry from a remote-controlled toy, attach to a household cockroach, and, voila! A living RoboRoach, whose movements can be controlled via electrical impulses. After watching the below video, this creature/machine will be scuttling through your nightmares for days.

26 Comments on "Make Your Own Remote-Controlled CockroachBorg"

1. wtf, how does that work? electric shocks? i dont like it.

2. wtf, how does that work? electric shocks? i dont like it.

3. wtf, how does that work? electric shocks? i dont like it.

• shocks? no no no, the ad says modified TOY. there’s no shocking here. when you see the lights on the left and right Mr. Snooks he’s mearly being fed a small amount of joy, which he seems to enjoy as he scutters about. Did you see the smile on his face at 0:21?

4. Rex Vestri | Mar 15, 2011 at 2:31 pm |

It’s MK-Ultraroach!

5. Rex Vestri | Mar 15, 2011 at 10:31 am |

It’s MK-Ultraroach!

6. shocks? no no no, the ad says modified TOY. there’s no shocking here. when you see the lights on the left and right Mr. Snooks he’s mearly being fed a small amount of joy, which he seems to enjoy as he scutters about. Did you see the smile on his face at 0:21?

7. Anonymous | Mar 15, 2011 at 4:27 pm |

I know it only a cockroach but I’d rather see it smashed to a pulp than tortured for the momentary amusement of others. This is warped…

8. GoodDoktorBad | Mar 15, 2011 at 12:27 pm |

9. justagirl | Mar 15, 2011 at 4:38 pm |

it’s kinda small to be fetching me a beer.

10. justagirl | Mar 15, 2011 at 12:38 pm |

it’s kinda small to be fetching me a beer.

• grooveboss | Mar 17, 2011 at 11:47 am |

no doubt but at least it still needs to fly. tiny heli is what i imagine and a laser projector for messages.

11. I don’t like it, either. Believe it or not, roaches are animals.

12. I don’t like it, either. Believe it or not, roaches are animals.

13. Nothing better to do with your time?

14. Nothing better to do with your time?

15. This guy needs a girlfriend.

16. This guy needs a girlfriend.

17. obnuebulator | Mar 16, 2011 at 5:23 am |

This could be a breakthrough, though. Starbucks employees could have similar tech implanted in their necks. It would be a simple binary zap like with this roach, since barristas and barristers have simple tasks. The customer or manager could hold the remote and ping them with a jolt when it is felt they need to be more alert. You could simply offer a slight increase in pay to have the implant procedure done, and many employees would find it acceptable. Those that would protest this would be exclused without penalty. But it is obvious that the Starbucks employees with the chip implant would be in a different, perhaps rival or hostile clique. And of course the chip implant employees would be looked upon more favorably by managers and customers alike.

18. obnuebulator | Mar 16, 2011 at 1:23 am |

19. Ronniedobbs | Mar 16, 2011 at 11:21 am |

Big Deal. I did the same thing to my kids this last summer. The only problem was getting them to hold still while I drilled holes into their skull with my Black and Decker. After that its a cake walk. Oh yeah, make sure you seal up the holes with some kind of silicon caulking. Learned that the hard way….

20. Ronniedobbs | Mar 16, 2011 at 7:21 am |

21. grooveboss | Mar 17, 2011 at 3:47 pm |

22. justagirl | Mar 17, 2011 at 4:06 pm |

YES! and make it a hissing cockroach… to scare off perpetrators.

23. justagirl | Mar 17, 2011 at 4:06 pm |

YES! and make it a hissing cockroach… to scare off perpetrators.