The End Of Digg

Digg logoDigg founder Kevin Rose has reportedly resigned from Digg in order to launch a new startup.

“When I took over as CEO six months ago,” commented Digg’s Matt Williams, “Kevin’s role changed to that of Founder and Board member…” Rose is now reportedly closing over $1 million in financing for a new start-up, and his attention is apparently already focusing on the future. “This comes just a matter of hours after TechCrunch noted that even Kevin Rose doesn’t use Digg any more, with his use of the site having dropped off massively over the last few months…”

19 Comments on "The End Of Digg"

1. ArgosyJones | Mar 20, 2011 at 2:43 pm |

Finally. I’ve hated digg since the beginning. All it ever did was clog up google search results. Hopefully reddit will soon meet the same doom.

2. ArgosyJones | Mar 20, 2011 at 10:43 am |

3. hopefully, not before you.

4. Is everyone using StumbleUpon now? I noticed Disinfo doesn’t have widgets for digg or reddit.

5. Is everyone using StumbleUpon now? I noticed Disinfo doesn’t have widgets for digg or reddit.

6. What do you have against reddit?

7. Butter Knife | Mar 20, 2011 at 7:53 pm |

As a Slashdotter: good riddance to bad trash.

Digg is even worse about dupes, trolls, moderation abuse, and general fucktardedness than any other “tech” site… which is almost impressive, but mostly depressing.

Alas, it sounds as if the news here is not that Digg is over, but that the founder has moved on to other things. I see little evidence to suggest that Kevin Rose’s departure will directly destroy Digg, much as we might wish it so.

8. Butter Knife | Mar 20, 2011 at 7:53 pm |

As a Slashdotter: good riddance to bad trash.

9. Butter Knife | Mar 20, 2011 at 7:53 pm |

As a Slashdotter: good riddance to bad trash.

10. Butter Knife | Mar 20, 2011 at 3:53 pm |

As a Slashdotter: good riddance to bad trash.

11. Military Plaques | Mar 21, 2011 at 1:01 am |

Great!

12. Military Plaques | Mar 20, 2011 at 9:01 pm |

Great!

13. Watchout5 | Mar 21, 2011 at 5:23 am |

Digg blew, Kevin Rose was a moron for signing over creative control. When yahoo offered billions for the company, he should have sold, but his stupid investors dragged it out. The whole thing was so overvalued, he got screwed.

14. Watchout5 | Mar 21, 2011 at 1:23 am |

15. I was on of the first Digg user and at one time was ranked in the top 25 for submission, however over the past two years I bet I haven’t visited it a hand full of times. Good bye old friend.

16. I was on of the first Digg user and at one time was ranked in the top 25 for submission, however over the past two years I bet I haven’t visited it a hand full of times. Good bye old friend.

17. Anonymous | Mar 22, 2011 at 9:43 am |

Which one is best digg or reddit..
    Aluminium Kozijnen