The Grisly (And Gristly) Online World Of Cannibals

cannibalismIf you wanted to eat someone (either alive or slaughtered) where would you find them? The Awl delves into the dark and disturbing cannibalism internet subculture, including the now-defunct Cannibalism Cafe Forum, which became notorious following the murder trial of Armin Meiwes, a German who in 2001 killed, cooked, and ate a man whom he met online. (The victim wished to be cannibalized.) In addition to cannibals-looking-for-victims personals, typical content includes:

• Cooking temperatures: “I like a low heat around 250 degree for a long slow cook. I start the out with the meat being tied to the grill alive and kicking. After the meat pass I remover her from the heat and gut her, and then back to the grill for several more hours after about a 10 to 12 hour cook the meat just fall off the bone. I shred the meat and mix it with BBQ and red pepper flakes very tasty.”

• Celebrities: “[Miley Cyrus] needs to be hung upside down from a meathook, have her throat slit, and be sliced into chunks of meat. It’s not like she has a remarkable music career or anything.”

• Pregnancy announcements with the requisite belly photos

• Lots of fan fiction: “Angeline reached one hand down her pants and stroked herself with a rising passion as she suckled on the redhead’s ample bosom…”

• Fake CNN stories: “Dolcett Girl Who Fled Is Caught in Mexico”

• Yahoo! Answers-type advice-seeking: “How one would dispose of a head?”

, , , ,

44 Responses to The Grisly (And Gristly) Online World Of Cannibals

1. robertpinkerton March 30, 2011 at 12:33 pm #

Anti-human apostasy from the human race. This one needs to be shot for the benefit if any human beings around.

2. Anonymous March 30, 2011 at 4:33 pm #

3. MrPINKi March 30, 2011 at 1:17 pm #

Please tell me that man is not mowing down on a human foot. Absolutely fucking disgusting.

• salad4me March 30, 2011 at 2:12 pm #

Don’t worry it’s just a barbecued fetus. The feet are on the plate still attached to the legs. Some people, huh?

• RoboKy March 30, 2011 at 2:20 pm #

You know that image isn’t real right? It was part of a conceptual arts festival in China.

Which of course isnt to say that this kind of thing doesnt probably happen.

• MrPINKi March 30, 2011 at 3:39 pm #

The artical paints a good picture, I was in a daze. Still disgusting fake or not.

• Bud Bundy March 30, 2011 at 7:14 pm #

The image is very real. When the Chinese aren’t raping each other savagely or spilling over into Mongolia for some good old fashion zombie disaster, or praising GOOD HARMONIOUS CHINESE HEAVENLY GLORIOUS PEOPLES UNION while shambling about defecating on their own legs, they enjoy a good round of human fetus.

Then they get right back into the rape, because where do the fetuses come from?

• Mick-Doscious March 31, 2011 at 9:44 am #

Thats actually a baby’s torso, my friend. He’s holding the head in the left hand, biting into the back, and the legs are still on the plate. The photo isn’t doctored, but the meat in question has been proven to not be an actual baby, but an artistic rendering of the meat to look like a baby is being dined on.

4. MrPINKi March 30, 2011 at 5:17 pm #

5. Bobbiethejean March 30, 2011 at 1:33 pm #

GggggeeeeerrrroooooooSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Bobbiethejean March 30, 2011 at 5:33 pm #

GggggeeeeerrrroooooooSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Rheokhu March 30, 2011 at 1:50 pm #

I’ve often joked to coworkers and friends that when I die, I want a grave marker that reads, “Do Not Disturb.” No name, no dates, no personal information. I don’t eroticize the idea of being eaten, as some of the people mentioned in the article seem to, but I can see the appeal of a physically obliterating death and disposal in the abstract. Sure, I’d let someone eat me.

8. Anonymous March 30, 2011 at 5:50 pm #

9. justagirl March 30, 2011 at 2:06 pm #

“the cook, the thief, his wife and her lover” because sometimes, cannibalism is necessary.

• justagirl July 31, 2011 at 10:40 pm #

ooh and instant streaming after all these years.  cool.

10. justagirl March 30, 2011 at 6:06 pm #

11. salad4me March 30, 2011 at 6:12 pm #

12. Robo Ky March 30, 2011 at 6:20 pm #

Which of course isnt to say that this kind of thing doesnt probably happen.

13. Simiantongue March 30, 2011 at 2:49 pm #

I have a confession to make. I have all these cells that come loose inside my cheek all the time, instead of spitting them out I swallow. Don’t hate me.

14. Simiantongue March 30, 2011 at 6:49 pm #

15. Anon March 30, 2011 at 3:07 pm #

meat is meat is meat

16. Anon March 30, 2011 at 7:07 pm #

meat is meat is meat

17. Andrew March 30, 2011 at 3:17 pm #

Shit, I don’t have a remarkable music career either!

18. Andrew March 30, 2011 at 7:17 pm #

Shit, I don’t have a remarkable music career either!

19. MrPINKi March 30, 2011 at 7:39 pm #

20. DeepCough March 30, 2011 at 4:43 pm #

Well, the prions aside from ingesting human flesh, human meat is very nutritious, and it’s a great way to curb world hunger……..

• Chaorder Gradient March 31, 2011 at 12:33 pm #

I thought the prions were only in the central nervous tissue. or maybe it was in all nervous tissue which would be harder to avoid

21. DeepCough March 30, 2011 at 8:43 pm #

22. Bud Bundy March 30, 2011 at 11:14 pm #

Then they get right back into the rape, because where do the fetuses come from?

23. Antwon March 30, 2011 at 10:15 pm #

Shit tastes like pork, bro.

24. Antwon March 31, 2011 at 2:15 am #

Shit tastes like pork, bro.

25. Synapse March 31, 2011 at 8:39 am #

Miller: Well, haven’t you ever heard of the Donner party?
    Humphrey: Yeah, the Donner party. They got stuck in the California mountains.
    Packer: They had to eat each other to stay alive…
    Humphrey: Well heck yeah! Why not?!
    Bell: Wait a minute, Humphrey, you wouldn’t even eat your shoes!
    Humphrey: Well yeah, but you put your feet in shoes.
    Miller: But what do we eat?
    Humphrey: Well you’re the butcher.
    Miller: Well, yeah, but… I dunno, uh. I-
    Humphrey: So, butch!… Wait! You’re cuttin’ into his butt!
    Miller: Well what kind of piece do you want?
    Humphrey: Well not butt!

26. Synapse March 31, 2011 at 12:39 pm #

Miller: Well, haven’t you ever heard of the Donner party?
    Humphrey: Yeah, the Donner party. They got stuck in the California mountains.
    Packer: They had to eat each other to stay alive…
    Humphrey: Well heck yeah! Why not?!
    Bell: Wait a minute, Humphrey, you wouldn’t even eat your shoes!
    Humphrey: Well yeah, but you put your feet in shoes.
    Miller: But what do we eat?
    Humphrey: Well you’re the butcher.
    Miller: Well, yeah, but… I dunno, uh. I-
    Humphrey: So, butch!… Wait! You’re cuttin’ into his butt!
    Miller: Well what kind of piece do you want?
    Humphrey: Well not butt!

27. Mick-Doscious March 31, 2011 at 1:44 pm #

28. Chaorder Gradient March 31, 2011 at 4:27 pm #

you…. you Monster!

29. Chaorder Gradient March 31, 2011 at 4:33 pm #

30. Akunamatauta April 1, 2011 at 4:06 am #

id rather be eaten alive by sharks or tigers or a bear, anything would be more dignified than to be slowly cooked alive, gutted and then eaten by a person. if thats really the recommended way to cook someone who would ever willingly sign up for that on a forum? i guess if your already going to die of age and you dont want to slowly rot in the dirt, but even then just get swallowed by an anaconda or something seriously

31. Akunamatauta April 1, 2011 at 12:06 am #

32. Sarah May 20, 2011 at 10:15 am #

ewwww poor baby

33. Sarah May 20, 2011 at 2:15 pm #

ewwww poor baby

34. Sarah May 20, 2011 at 10:17 am #

it gross i am 8

35. Sarah May 20, 2011 at 2:17 pm #

it gross i am 8

36. justagirl August 1, 2011 at 2:40 am #

ooh and instant streaming after all these years.  cool.