The Grisly (And Gristly) Online World Of Cannibals

cannibalismIf you wanted to eat someone (either alive or slaughtered) where would you find them? The Awl delves into the dark and disturbing cannibalism internet subculture, including the now-defunct Cannibalism Cafe Forum, which became notorious following the murder trial of Armin Meiwes, a German who in 2001 killed, cooked, and ate a man whom he met online. (The victim wished to be cannibalized.) In addition to cannibals-looking-for-victims personals, typical content includes:

• Cooking temperatures: “I like a low heat around 250 degree for a long slow cook. I start the out with the meat being tied to the grill alive and kicking. After the meat pass I remover her from the heat and gut her, and then back to the grill for several more hours after about a 10 to 12 hour cook the meat just fall off the bone. I shred the meat and mix it with BBQ and red pepper flakes very tasty.”

• Celebrities: “[Miley Cyrus] needs to be hung upside down from a meathook, have her throat slit, and be sliced into chunks of meat. It’s not like she has a remarkable music career or anything.”

• Pregnancy announcements with the requisite belly photos

• Lots of fan fiction: “Angeline reached one hand down her pants and stroked herself with a rising passion as she suckled on the redhead’s ample bosom…”

• Fake CNN stories: “Dolcett Girl Who Fled Is Caught in Mexico”

• Yahoo! Answers-type advice-seeking: “How one would dispose of a head?”

44 Comments on "The Grisly (And Gristly) Online World Of Cannibals"

1. Anonymous | Mar 30, 2011 at 4:33 pm |

Anti-human apostasy from the human race. This one needs to be shot for the benefit if any human beings around.

2. robertpinkerton | Mar 30, 2011 at 12:33 pm |

3. Please tell me that man is not mowing down on a human foot. Absolutely fucking disgusting.

4. Please tell me that man is not mowing down on a human foot. Absolutely fucking disgusting.

• Don’t worry it’s just a barbecued fetus. The feet are on the plate still attached to the legs. Some people, huh?

• You know that image isn’t real right? It was part of a conceptual arts festival in China.

Which of course isnt to say that this kind of thing doesnt probably happen.

• The artical paints a good picture, I was in a daze. Still disgusting fake or not.

• Bud Bundy | Mar 30, 2011 at 7:14 pm |

The image is very real. When the Chinese aren’t raping each other savagely or spilling over into Mongolia for some good old fashion zombie disaster, or praising GOOD HARMONIOUS CHINESE HEAVENLY GLORIOUS PEOPLES UNION while shambling about defecating on their own legs, they enjoy a good round of human fetus.

Then they get right back into the rape, because where do the fetuses come from?

• Mick-Doscious | Mar 31, 2011 at 9:44 am |

Thats actually a baby’s torso, my friend. He’s holding the head in the left hand, biting into the back, and the legs are still on the plate. The photo isn’t doctored, but the meat in question has been proven to not be an actual baby, but an artistic rendering of the meat to look like a baby is being dined on.

5. Bobbiethejean | Mar 30, 2011 at 5:33 pm |

GggggeeeeerrrroooooooSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Bobbiethejean | Mar 30, 2011 at 1:33 pm |

GggggeeeeerrrroooooooSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Anonymous | Mar 30, 2011 at 5:50 pm |

8. I’ve often joked to coworkers and friends that when I die, I want a grave marker that reads, “Do Not Disturb.” No name, no dates, no personal information. I don’t eroticize the idea of being eaten, as some of the people mentioned in the article seem to, but I can see the appeal of a physically obliterating death and disposal in the abstract. Sure, I’d let someone eat me.

9. justagirl | Mar 30, 2011 at 6:06 pm |

“the cook, the thief, his wife and her lover” because sometimes, cannibalism is necessary.

10. justagirl | Mar 30, 2011 at 2:06 pm |

11. Don’t worry it’s just a barbecued fetus. The feet are on the plate still attached to the legs. Some people, huh?

12. You know that image isn’t real right? It was part of a conceptual arts festival in China.

Which of course isnt to say that this kind of thing doesnt probably happen.

13. Simiantongue | Mar 30, 2011 at 6:49 pm |

I have a confession to make. I have all these cells that come loose inside my cheek all the time, instead of spitting them out I swallow. Don’t hate me.

14. Simiantongue | Mar 30, 2011 at 2:49 pm |

15. meat is meat is meat

16. meat is meat is meat

17. “[Miley Cyrus] needs to be hung upside down from a meathook, have her throat slit, and be sliced into chunks of meat. It’s not like she has a remarkable music career or anything.”

Shit, I don’t have a remarkable music career either!

18. “[Miley Cyrus] needs to be hung upside down from a meathook, have her throat slit, and be sliced into chunks of meat. It’s not like she has a remarkable music career or anything.”

Shit, I don’t have a remarkable music career either!

19. The artical paints a good picture, I was in a daze. Still disgusting fake or not.

20. DeepCough | Mar 30, 2011 at 8:43 pm |

Well, the prions aside from ingesting human flesh, human meat is very nutritious, and it’s a great way to curb world hunger……..

21. DeepCough | Mar 30, 2011 at 4:43 pm |

22. Bud Bundy | Mar 30, 2011 at 11:14 pm |

Then they get right back into the rape, because where do the fetuses come from?

23. Shit tastes like pork, bro.

24. Shit tastes like pork, bro.

25. Miller: Well, haven’t you ever heard of the Donner party?
    Humphrey: Yeah, the Donner party. They got stuck in the California mountains.
    Packer: They had to eat each other to stay alive…
    Humphrey: Well heck yeah! Why not?!
    Bell: Wait a minute, Humphrey, you wouldn’t even eat your shoes!
    Humphrey: Well yeah, but you put your feet in shoes.
    Miller: But what do we eat?
    Humphrey: Well you’re the butcher.
    Miller: Well, yeah, but… I dunno, uh. I-
    Humphrey: So, butch!… Wait! You’re cuttin’ into his butt!
    Miller: Well what kind of piece do you want?
    Humphrey: Well not butt!

26. Miller: Well, haven’t you ever heard of the Donner party?
    Humphrey: Yeah, the Donner party. They got stuck in the California mountains.
    Packer: They had to eat each other to stay alive…
    Humphrey: Well heck yeah! Why not?!
    Bell: Wait a minute, Humphrey, you wouldn’t even eat your shoes!
    Humphrey: Well yeah, but you put your feet in shoes.
    Miller: But what do we eat?
    Humphrey: Well you’re the butcher.
    Miller: Well, yeah, but… I dunno, uh. I-
    Humphrey: So, butch!… Wait! You’re cuttin’ into his butt!
    Miller: Well what kind of piece do you want?
    Humphrey: Well not butt!

27. Mick-Doscious | Mar 31, 2011 at 1:44 pm |

28. you…. you Monster!

29. I thought the prions were only in the central nervous tissue. or maybe it was in all nervous tissue which would be harder to avoid

30. Akunamatauta | Apr 1, 2011 at 4:06 am |

id rather be eaten alive by sharks or tigers or a bear, anything would be more dignified than to be slowly cooked alive, gutted and then eaten by a person. if thats really the recommended way to cook someone who would ever willingly sign up for that on a forum? i guess if your already going to die of age and you dont want to slowly rot in the dirt, but even then just get swallowed by an anaconda or something seriously

31. Akunamatauta | Apr 1, 2011 at 12:06 am |

32.  ewwww poor baby

33.  ewwww poor baby

34.  it gross i am 8

35.  it gross i am 8

36. justagirl | Aug 1, 2011 at 2:40 am |

ooh and instant streaming after all these years.  cool.