The 3 Worst Cases of Police Abuse in 2011

Via Reason TV:

30 Comments on "The 3 Worst Cases of Police Abuse in 2011"

1. Solution = war against the police state. SWAT may know their shit but regular street cops are retards.

2. Solution = war against the police state. SWAT may know their shit but regular street cops are retards.

• Butter Knife | Apr 5, 2011 at 10:01 pm |

Are you really suggesting that the police are actually in control of the State, rather than being a tool of it?

I’d argue that our State is owned and operated by transnational business interests and the neo-capitalist aristocracy, and that the police powers are merely among their servitors.

Now Russia: that’s a police state. the country’s most powerful man, and also by far one of its wealthiest, came to his current position by way of the domestic intelligence and secret police agencies, as did most of his peers. The imprisonment of Khodorkovsky is proof positive that the Russian police state is powerful far beyond the bounds of even the wealthiest and best connected elites. By comparison, Ted Kennedy killed a woman and got off Scot-free simply because the cops were too afraid to investigate him even with very powerful political backing.

The fuzz might be abusive of their powers, but don’t for a minute let yourself be fooled into thinking they run the show.

• It doesn’t matter whether the police / military are in control. They are where the rubber meets the road. Everything the powers that be can do relies on their presence and their obedience. It would be nice if we could convince law enforcement and the military of this, but until they change their minds about where their loyalties lay, they are the organizations to fight should the SHTF.

• did you actually watch the whole video? A major point to the video is that things are actually getting better because they can be held accountable on a case-by-case basis because its getting to the point where everyone has a camera on them, and these abuses can be seen. The paradox is, it looks like its getting worse because now we have real evidence that its bad.

• DeepCough | Apr 6, 2011 at 2:23 pm |

Held accountable? Obviously not: because in all three cases, neither one was really prosecuted.

• things like this takes time, and these are also handpicked as the MOST egregious of all. People need to be aware, and now they CAN be aware because video’s do exist. I’m not saying it is better, i’m saying it has the potential

edit: ok i did say things are getting better, but thats because I usually see some potentials as being inevitabilities.

• DeepCough | Apr 6, 2011 at 4:18 pm |

Hey, in the 1970’s, people thought that marijuana legalization was an inevitability with the Carter administration–and look how that turned out.

• Butter Knife | Apr 6, 2011 at 5:04 pm |

As a resident of a state which has decriminalized marijuana and sees regular initiatives to fully legalize it fast approaching majority support… I’d have to say they were off by a few decades, but it sure looks inevitable to me.

• DeepCough | Apr 6, 2011 at 7:53 pm |

Hey, it’s easy to be optimistic when you’re stoned.

3. Butter Knife | Apr 6, 2011 at 2:01 am |

4. did you actually watch the whole video? A major point to the video is that things are actually getting better because they can be held accountable on a case-by-case basis because its getting to the point where everyone has a camera on them, and these abuses can be seen. The paradox is, it looks like its getting worse because now we have real evidence that its bad.

5. DeepCough | Apr 6, 2011 at 6:23 pm |

6. things like this takes time, and. These are also handpicked as the MOST egregious of all. People need to be aware, and now they CAN be aware because video’s do exist. I’m not saying it is better, i’m saying it has the potential

7. Anonymous | Apr 6, 2011 at 7:48 pm |

2011 isn’t over yet

8. Gregor_Grigorio | Apr 6, 2011 at 3:48 pm |

2011 isn’t over yet

9. DeepCough | Apr 6, 2011 at 8:18 pm |

10. Butter Knife | Apr 6, 2011 at 9:04 pm |

11. DeepCough | Apr 6, 2011 at 11:53 pm |

Hey, it’s easy to be optimistic when you’re stoned.

12. Milkshakes | Apr 7, 2011 at 4:58 am |

Look at me, I use big fucking words. Clearly I’m not a poli-sci major ’cause none of what I’m saying makes sense. I like this man’s stance. Those who serve in the police, the good honest cops, deserve respect and admiration. Those who are trash deserve jail time. One must realize though, it’s hard to turn a friend on a friend.

13. Milkshakes | Apr 7, 2011 at 12:58 am |

• Sarah Young | Apr 23, 2011 at 8:29 am |

How can a cop ever do only good and honest things when they are not allowed to make their own decisions? They are given orders and if they don’t carry them out they will be sacked. If those in charge of the police force are not good and honest then none of them can be, because they are all doing what they’re told. Also, the law itself which they are required to violently enforce, is not good and honest. It is written by powerful people for their own self interest. I don’t doubt that there are a lot of cops who have good intentions but I believe it’s impossible to really do good within that system.

14. Sarah Young | Apr 23, 2011 at 12:29 pm |

15. the fucking idiot should have checked before sprinting at armed police. thats not public abuse… thats a fucking accident

16. Kieron93 | May 2, 2011 at 6:51 pm |

17. Yeah Check first and see if its a break in or Cops. yeah right ass hole. Keep sucking swine cock.

18. Maria_roseblade | May 16, 2011 at 12:35 am |

The police in Overland Park, Ks have been told that they are there only for bring in revenue. They will not respond to a burglary since it does not create revenue, a murder, however, does. I know this because at 2am a burglar broke into my apartment and after chasing the burglar off, I called the police. They did not arrive at my home until 9am that morning. The cop then gave me a ticket for calling the police when there was no emergency.

19. Maria_roseblade | May 15, 2011 at 8:35 pm |

20. It doesn’t matter whether the police / military are in control. They are where the rubber meets the road. Everything the powers that be can do relies on their presence and their obedience. It would be nice if we could convince law enforcement and the military of this, but until they change their minds about where their loyalties lay, they are the organizations to fight should the SHTF.