Turn Your Remains Into Vinyl When You Die

1152164572_78f5b5b60bA British company called And Vinyly promises to do just that for a fee of £3,000. Pets and body parts accepted. After your passing, rotate forever on your relatives’ turntables, preferably in the form of ‘Kokomo’ or something else similarly cheery:

When the album that is life finally reaches the end wouldn’t it be nice to keep that record spinning for eternity? We offer you the chance to press your ashes in a vinyl recording your loved ones will cherish for generations. Record a personal message, your last will & testament, your own soundtrack or simply press your ashes to hear your pops & crackles for the minimal approach.

34 Comments on "Turn Your Remains Into Vinyl When You Die"

1. Jackedu317 | Apr 25, 2011 at 5:45 pm |

that’s probably the most disgusting thing i’ve ever “heard”. get it?! no seriously… that’s nasty…

2. Jackedu317 | Apr 25, 2011 at 5:45 pm |

3. Jackedu317 | Apr 25, 2011 at 1:45 pm |

4. Anonymous | Apr 25, 2011 at 6:59 pm |

Finally, a way to act out Neil Diamond lyrics……”Play Me”

5. GoodDoktorBad | Apr 25, 2011 at 2:59 pm |

Finally, a way to act out Neil Diamond lyrics……”Play Me”

6. Hadrian999 | Apr 25, 2011 at 7:52 pm |

i would much rather spend the afterlife as part of a vinyl body suit or pair of vinyl pants on some young hottie

7. Hadrian999 | Apr 25, 2011 at 3:52 pm |

8. justagirl | Apr 25, 2011 at 8:37 pm |

but, that’s a little creepy, too. lol.

9. Man, now I’m split between this or being plastified over at http://www.bodyworlds.com/en/prelude.html

What am I gonna do… I would love to be on display in a pose of my choice, but being pressed on vinyl with any songs I want, now that’s a good choice too…

Got a lot of thinking to do now, hopefully I’ll have it all figured out before I kick the bucket! Ha!

10. Man, now I’m split between this or being plastified over at http://www.bodyworlds.com/en/prelude.html

11. I agree, it is kind of weird in the sense that it’s quite unconventional, but to have my body preserved as music itself… now that’s incredible.

12. I agree, it is kind of weird in the sense that it’s quite unconventional, but to have my body preserved as music itself… now that’s incredible.

13. Not a bad way to go!

14. There ya go – I’m sure there’s a market for that. Start it up!

15. Anonymous | Apr 27, 2011 at 3:41 pm |

LOL – Jesse Ventura said he’s coming back as a bra.

16. Anonymous | Apr 28, 2011 at 1:59 pm |

Dude….awesome!!!!

17. ChiefLaughsAtSheep | Apr 28, 2011 at 9:59 am |

Dude….awesome!!!!

18. With my luck, I’d become a “Best of Abba” album…

19. With my luck, I’d become a “Best of Abba” album…

20. freeHaHaHafree | May 4, 2011 at 6:51 pm |

Should have called the company “Final Vinyl.” Just my two cents.

21. freeHaHaHafree | May 4, 2011 at 2:51 pm |

Should have called the company “Final Vinyl.” Just my two cents.

22. And WHAT if they stop producing phono players??? aaaaaaaAnd/or replacement needles???

23. And WHAT if they stop producing phono players??? aaaaaaaAnd/or replacement needles???

24. Closedeyevisuals01 | May 7, 2011 at 12:07 am |

dark side of the moon for me

25. Closedeyevisuals01 | May 6, 2011 at 8:07 pm |

dark side of the moon for me

26. Grooveboss | May 11, 2011 at 10:01 pm |

now im not scared of dying at all. play my jams on Halloween every year

27. Grooveboss | May 11, 2011 at 6:01 pm |

now im not scared of dying at all. play my jams on Halloween every year

28. deathfromabove | May 12, 2011 at 9:05 am |

The White album. For ever.

29. deathfromabove | May 12, 2011 at 5:05 am |

The White album. For ever.

30. I’m gonna have my cats pressed into an LP copy of the Beach Boys “Pet Sounds”   🙂

31. I’m gonna have my cats pressed into an LP copy of the Beach Boys “Pet Sounds”   🙂