Even Jesus Hates YouBrian Hamacher reports for NBC Miami:

The South Florida man whose prayer for Osama bin Laden caused a holy mess at mass this past Sunday is speaking out to defend the bizarre benediction.

Henry Borga paid $10 to put bin Laden’s name on the prayer list at Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church in West Palm Beach over the weekend, according to WPTV. The name appeared with four others under the mass intentions section in the church’s pamphlet, with a cross next to bin Laden’s name.

While putting the name on the list has caused quite a hubbub, Borga, who said he also prayed for the victims of 9/11, said it was about mercy. “He was a very bad man but he deserved to be punished in life, not by losing his life,” Borga said. “He needs forgiveness and compassion from God.”

39 Comments on "Florida Man Angers His Church By Asking Them to Pray for Soul of Osama Bin Laden (Video)"

1. Anonymous | May 18, 2011 at 8:49 pm |

Amazing, an actual “Christian” still exists…

2. GoodDoktorBad | May 18, 2011 at 4:49 pm |

Amazing, an actual “Christian” still exists…

• Butter Knife | May 18, 2011 at 8:09 pm |

There are quite a few out there, but most of them are quiet about it. It’s almost a requirement, really, since the stereotypical self-righteous shtick is pretty much antithetical to being an actual Christian.

I find it a bit troubling, however, that he apparently needed to pay $10 for a name to be placed on the prayer list. Partly because that doesn’t sound like something that should be subject to commerce, and partly because the entire concept of a prayer list is somewhat silly.

• grenichgrendel | May 19, 2011 at 7:54 am |

You know, I keep finding myself muttering that, lately. I suspect there are more Real Christians out there than crazies, and I am beginning to wonder why it is that they do not speak up. I think if I subscribed to that religion I would not be able to keep my mouth shut seeing it completely bastardized by immature, hateful, and noisy people. I’d wanna speak up.

• If you’re a true Christian, you won’t have to defend your faith, nor preach it to anybody who doesn’t want it.  Also, a true Christian would not judge another person like that to bring themselves up.  I don’t blame them for being quiet.  I would too.

3. And everyone in the church hates him!

4. And everyone in the church hates him!

5. And most won’t see the irony.

6. And most won’t see the irony.

7. And most won’t see the irony.

8. Butter Knife | May 19, 2011 at 12:09 am |

9. Butter Knife | May 19, 2011 at 12:09 am |

10. Anonymous | May 19, 2011 at 12:25 am |

This is what I believe to be the truth that Jesus taught us.

11. reubenavery | May 18, 2011 at 8:25 pm |

This is what I believe to be the truth that Jesus taught us.

12. If theres a rapture comin up…that dude will be the only one to go up…keep a close eye on him…you can’t gauge anything by watching the faithless, soulless douchebags that use the name Christian…but this guy…he’s worth keeping tabs on.

13. If theres a rapture comin up…that dude will be the only one to go up…keep a close eye on him…you can’t gauge anything by watching the faithless, soulless douchebags that use the name Christian…but this guy…he’s worth keeping tabs on.

14. Anonymous | May 19, 2011 at 10:42 am |

It’s a catholic church. Everyone probably voted for him.

15. Verycleaver | May 19, 2011 at 11:16 am |

Out of curiosity, how do most Christians manage to overlook “love thine enemy” ?

16. Verycleaver | May 19, 2011 at 11:16 am |

17. Verycleaver | May 19, 2011 at 7:16 am |

18. Anonymous | May 19, 2011 at 11:54 am |

19. Yes, it’s exactly what Jesus would do!

20. Yes, it’s exactly what Jesus would do!

21. justagirl | May 19, 2011 at 12:52 pm |

HA!  church troll.

22. justagirl | May 19, 2011 at 8:52 am |

HA!  church troll.

23. Liam_McGonagle | May 19, 2011 at 4:04 pm |

You people need to understand–prayers are provisioned on the same basis as bank loans these days. You only get one if you don’t need it.

24. Liam_McGonagle | May 19, 2011 at 12:04 pm |

25. Simiansink | May 20, 2011 at 12:08 am |

Henry is walking the walk.

26. Simiansink | May 19, 2011 at 8:08 pm |

Henry is walking the walk.

27. Mr. Coffee | May 20, 2011 at 8:35 am |

Judge not lest thy be judged.

Judgement is reserved for the Lord alone.

Sounds like this man was being pious and asked his God to forgive his enemy.

28. Mr. Coffee | May 20, 2011 at 4:35 am |

Judge not lest thy be judged.

Judgement is reserved for the Lord alone.

Sounds like this man was being pious and asked his God to forgive his enemy.

29. ZombieSlapper | May 20, 2011 at 2:03 pm |

Those that were offended weren’t real Christians anyway.

30. Those that were offended weren’t real Christians anyway.

31. Anonymous | May 20, 2011 at 3:07 pm |

The same way they miss “Judge not lest ye be judged yourselves.”

32. If you’re a true Christian, you won’t have to defend your faith, nor preach it to anybody who doesn’t want it.  Also, a true Christian would not judge another person like that to bring themselves up.  I don’t blame them for being quiet.  I would too.

33. A true Christian? I can’t believe it!

34. A true Christian? I can’t believe it!