IMF Director Arrested After Alleged Sex Attack on NY Hotel Maid

Dominique Strauss KahnVia MSNBC:

NEW YORK— The leader of the International Monetary Fund, Dominique Strauss-Kahn, was arrested on Saturday, minutes before he was to fly to Paris from John F. Kennedy International Airport, The New York Times reported.

Strauss-Kahn, a candidate for president of France, was taken off an Air France flight by officers from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and turned over to Manhattan detectives, a Port Authority spokesman told the Times.

He was accused of a sodomizing a maid at a Times Square hotel earlier in the day, the authorities said. He has not been charged but was being questioned, police said.

Strauss-Kahn, 62, allegedly crept up behind a maid after she entered his room and forced her to perform oral sex on him, sources told the New York Daily News. The New York Post said he was naked and had emerged from the bathroom.

Read More: MSNBC

28 Comments on "IMF Director Arrested After Alleged Sex Attack on NY Hotel Maid"

1. BlindDemiurge | May 15, 2011 at 1:12 am |

Wouldn’t be the first time the IMF has raped innocent people….

2. BlindDemiurge | May 14, 2011 at 9:12 pm |

Wouldn’t be the first time the IMF has raped innocent people….

3. Gustacular | May 15, 2011 at 2:56 am |

Word. Or innocent nations.

4. Anonymous | May 15, 2011 at 4:15 am |

Yah, these are the pricks that are elected to places of high office and it shows in the organizations they run.

5. smooth_operator | May 15, 2011 at 12:15 am |

6. Hadrian999 | May 15, 2011 at 4:23 am |

people are one thing but no nation is innocent

7. Hadrian999 | May 15, 2011 at 4:37 am |

Hard to tell which way to believe in this one, Any time someone powerful with socialist leanings is arrested or harassed in the corporate states of america I start to smell bullshit but this guy is no stranger to sex scandals…..

8. Hadrian999 | May 15, 2011 at 12:37 am |

• Tuna Ghost | May 15, 2011 at 7:55 am |

Any particular reason NOT to believe the maid?

• Hadrian999 | May 15, 2011 at 9:44 am |

i always find these honey pot stories fishy, too easy to fabricate

• Tuna Ghost | May 15, 2011 at 1:10 pm |

Does that mean in any random case of a powerful man accused of rape, your natural instinct is to suspect the victim of making it all up?  I ask because I often hear the “Women falsely accuse men of rape ALL THE TIME!” from a lot of men, despite the fact that there are no statistics to back it up.  In fact, the number of rapes that go unreported (often exactly because the rapist is a powerful man) is pretty staggering.  I find the “blame the victim” mentality very disturbing for a number of reasons, and would never have imagined you automatically assume such.  Please tell me if I’m incorrect here.

• Hadrian999 | May 15, 2011 at 1:38 pm |

I’m not blaming the victim but there is a long history of many different intelligence services using set ups like this one, we’ll have to wait and see how the evidence turns up, It just makes me suspecious when a powerful man with a socialist background who is mentioned as a possible opponent for the french right wing president, gets caught up in a scandal like this, the initial story has already been changed,  it started off as forceful sodamy now it’s attempted rape, such a charge is usefull because it will have a large emotional impact but a lack of physical evidence….perfect for a political smear job.

• Tuna Ghost | May 18, 2011 at 9:01 am |

Ah yes, “honey pot”.  My bad.  I had heard that term used before but wasn’t clear on its meaning, apologies

• Jackedu317 | May 15, 2011 at 9:46 pm |

yeah, she can’t buy a judge. reason enough for me…

9. Tuna Ghost | May 15, 2011 at 11:55 am |

Any particular reason NOT to believe the maid?

10. Hadrian999 | May 15, 2011 at 1:44 pm |

i always find these honey pot stories fishy, too easy to fabricate

11. Blair Sadewitz | May 15, 2011 at 3:01 pm |

I always ask, “cui bono”?  That is, what would the maid gain in this case by fabricating a report?

12. Blair Sadewitz | May 15, 2011 at 11:01 am |

13. Tuna Ghost | May 15, 2011 at 5:10 pm |

14. Hadrian999 | May 15, 2011 at 5:38 pm |

15. Jackedu317 | May 16, 2011 at 1:46 am |

yeah, she can’t buy a judge. reason enough for me…

16. Jackedu317 | May 16, 2011 at 1:49 am |

when did we forget how to recognize a predator when we see one? here’s a hint: they’re always showing their teeth…

17. Jackedu317 | May 15, 2011 at 9:49 pm |