This powerful animated video exposes how our immigrant community is being sold to private prisons for obscene profits.
Top three facts to know about private prisons (via immigrantsforsale.org):
- The victims: Private prisons don’t care about who they lock up. At a rate of $200 per immigrant a night at their prisons, this is a money making scheme that destroys families and lives.
- The players: CCA (Corrections Corporation of America), The Geo Group and Management and Training corporations—combined these private prisons currently profit more than $5 billion a year.
- The money: These private prisons have spent over $20 million lobbying state legislators to make sure they get state anti-immigrant laws approved and ensure access to more immigrant inmates.
Majestic is gadfly emeritus.
Latest posts by majestic (see all)
- ‘Stranger Things’ Is Really ‘The Montauk Project - Sep 20, 2016
- Jay-Z’s Animated Video Op-Ed: The War On Drugs Is An Epic Fail - Sep 18, 2016
- Alan Moore’s Favorite Books - Sep 9, 2016