Jesus Christ is the Greatest Hippie (Rock Star) of Them All (Video)

Quick response to this story, Jesus is actually our greatest “rock star”/”hippie”/countercultural figure of them all (according to this musical), but there is a lot of debate here which I welcome based on the post below. Catholic Church, in my humble opinion, you f-ed up, but I ain’t the Pope.

BTW, if you could bring Carl Anderson back from the dead to play Judas, I would go every week to church again. This man is awesome:

, , , , ,

10 Responses to Jesus Christ is the Greatest Hippie (Rock Star) of Them All (Video)

1. The JoeBot May 23, 2011 at 7:17 am #

I don’t know if Jesus was ever worshipped for his music, but with armies of harp-strumming angels backing him and supernatural voice enhancement, I’d bet money that he would occasionally belt out a Torah tune for the multitudes.  Considering his groupies, Mary, Martha, and Magdalene, his rebellious sneer toward the Pharisees, and the endless fount of good wine that flowed in the big J.C.’s backstage scene, it seems clear that Christ had a touch of the the rock star attitude, if not the tunes.

Perhaps I should fill a bong with holy water and meditate upon the Gospels’ message of Peace, Love, and Physical Mortification.

2. JoeBot May 23, 2011 at 3:17 am #

• ralph May 23, 2011 at 3:24 am #

Hey Joe (sounds cool to say that), but you are right, not music, but his “message” was treated as music, that is, the way “music” affects us in our day. In my opinion, the man must have been the greatest rock band (in modern terms) to make the message stick.

Keep on keeping on!

• Kevinchristy64 May 23, 2011 at 3:53 am #

I believe there may be an unrecorded moment here, the Jesus Insurance Corporation
      No matter what sin you commit I’ve got you covered, marketing Dylan’s back up The Band, THE WEIGHT
      I think it would work, at least in America,considering the Vatican promotional facilities.
      What really bothers me that is never talked about, the drug culture, I have never encountered prostitution without drugs, to keep the girls from remembering of course. J.C. deep in this, and when I read what he said, this guy’s on something and I don’t think it’s recreational. slayerwulfe

3. ralph May 23, 2011 at 7:24 am #

Keep on keeping on!

4. Kevinchristy64 May 23, 2011 at 7:53 am #

5. DeepCough May 23, 2011 at 4:17 pm #

No, Jesus was not the “geatest “rock star”/”hippie”/countercultural figure of them all”: because if you look at the movie, that’s clearly Johnny Depp.

• GoodDoktorBad May 23, 2011 at 5:26 pm #