McDonald’s Transgender Beating

Not sure what’s more shocking, the beating itself or the employees warning the women to get out before the police come as the victim has a seizure… From the Daily News:

The victim of a vicious beating at a Maryland McDonald’s is a transgendered woman, according to a LGBT advocacy group that’s calling for authorities to investigate the case as a hate crime. [Warning: Video footage may be disturbing to some people]

The shocking video, which went viral on the Internet this week, shows the woman being kicked in the head by two girls at the Rosedale fast food chain as some of the staff stood by laughing.

At one point the attackers grab the victims’ hair and dragged her across the floor. Responding officers who responded to Monday’s attack found the 22-year-old woman apparently having a seizure…

[continues in the Daily News]

76 Comments on "McDonald’s Transgender Beating"

1. McDonalds: have it your way!

2. McDonalds: have it your way!

3. McDonalds: have it your way!

4. Wow, that restaurant sure looks like a nice place to visit – and how charming and courteous the american people are. I can only hope that one day the US will deign to open up places like this in other parts of the world and spread the good food, friendly service and polite behaviour to the rest of us. We have so much to learn from this advanced and civilised country.

5. Wow, that restaurant sure looks like a nice place to visit – and how charming and courteous the american people are. I can only hope that one day the US will deign to open up places like this in other parts of the world and spread the good food, friendly service and polite behaviour to the rest of us. We have so much to learn from this advanced and civilised country.

• $4251815 | May 2, 2011 at 9:35 am |

Oh, do tell what land of enlightenment you come from? Where everyone is happy and friendly and not a crime has ever been committed? Where organic food falls from the sky for all to freely enjoy?

Oh, what’s that? You’re a third world goat herder? You’re jealous of my running water and the fact that I don’t have to share a bed with farm animals?

Try again, peasant.

• Wow. That was a brilliant display of arrogance and ignorance. Thank you for representing our whole country as douche nozzles. Very productive.

• Haha, just trying to show the how stupid it sounds when you make blanket and ignorant statements. Obviously you’re to dense to figure that out. Thanks for representing our whole country as clueless fuckwits.

• fuckwits, our country, I hope you don’t represent the USA because that’s where I reside. I can’t stand for this ignorant crap I see on youtube, but I’ll tell you, it’s not the race, it’s not the country; it is the f-ing power structure that would make us stupid and 400 families rich. Yes, these bitches need to be shot and given the chance I’d be the one to take their lives. However, wasting my time with the run off of the new world order would negate all the training and pain I’ve invested. We need to organize. We (everyone but the rich) need to recognize that for our children and ourselves we need to stop Monsanto, GE, Sarcos of Raytheon, iRobot, foster miller, Goldman Sachs, and all the other psychopaths that would watch us starve without empathy. Write to adaugeo@hotmail.com (earth rising/increasing @…) to pledge your support and state your capability. We’ll train the capable to find the power within to become inspirations to the rest. Only those with prior combat training will be allowed to fulfill their abilities within the specific area of interest. This is not PE class enrollment. This is not a joke. This is the only opportunity of enrollment you will find on this forum and is the beginning of a new Dawn.

• trollkiller | Sep 6, 2011 at 5:37 pm |

How about you take your trolling back to 4chan, or go finish your 8th grade math homework?

• You sound real stupid. Someone should slap your zombie ass.

6. This is ridiculous the person filming and those two animals should all be locked up and even the manager for not even trying to get those two out of there.

7. This is ridiculous the person filming and those two animals should all be locked up and even the manager for not even trying to get those two out of there.

• you don’t remove folks so charges can be filed.

• someotherguy | May 2, 2011 at 11:42 am |

You remove folks to prevent a trauma induced seizure.

• it should have never got to the point where this person should be beaten to have a seizure, if anyone has the follow up on the story I would like to see it.

8. Anonymous | May 2, 2011 at 1:10 pm |

Soon, these girls may have to face a whole new world where the women look like men and would be glad to show them new uses for broomsticks and mop handles besides cleaning their prison cells…

Wrath is two way street…

9. GoodDoktorBad | May 2, 2011 at 9:10 am |

Wrath is a two way street…

10. Herd mentality. Nobody steps up to stop it. Geez, sheeple are disgustingly vile and stupid creatures. Cowards to the last.

11. Herd mentality. Nobody steps up to stop it. Geez, sheeple are disgustingly vile and stupid creatures. Cowards to the last.

12. ZombieSlapper | May 2, 2011 at 1:35 pm |

Try again, peasant.

13. Wow. That was a brilliant display of arrogance and ignorance. Thank you for representing our whole country as douche nozzles. Very productive.

14. ZombieSlapper | May 2, 2011 at 2:12 pm |

15. ZombieSlapper | May 2, 2011 at 2:12 pm |

16. This is really hard to watch in simple video format. I don’t know how ‘people’ could stand by and allow it without feeling the same pain. This is one of the most sad displays of humanity I’ve ever seen.

17. This is really hard to watch in simple video format. I don’t know how ‘people’ could stand by and allow it without feeling the same pain. This is one of the most sad displays of humanity I’ve ever seen.

18. This is really hard to watch in simple video format. I don’t know how ‘people’ could stand by and allow it without feeling the same pain. This is one of the most sad displays of humanity I’ve ever seen.

19. Who cares?

20. Who cares?

• WeAreAllOne | May 2, 2011 at 11:38 am |

I accidentally hit the “like” button when I meant to hit “reply” 🙁

To answer your question…there are a great many of us who care and I can only hope that we will one day outnumber those like you who would turn so coldly from such horror.

21. Fucking niggers in true form. They didn’t like it when Antoine represented the projects talking about hiding your kids etc. and called the news casters racist for picking him. This is the type of shit that makes me carry a gun. I’m not talking about blacks or whites or any other race as being inferior for you overly sensative pc types. There are white trash, Mexican gangs, black thugs etc and that is what I refer to when saying nigger. Go ahead and pull this post or bitch about me being racist. Nothing is changing no matter what we talk about here. We need to organize if we are going to change the real power structure that keeps people acting like this through a lack of education and opportunity for personal fulfillment. You think a member of the wealthiest 400 families would care to do something like this?

22. that1guy | May 2, 2011 at 3:10 pm |

you don’t remove folks so charges can be filed.

23. that1guy | May 2, 2011 at 3:30 pm |

But this is why things that sound stupid to people outside of the lgbt community, or just petty, like non-gendered bathrooms in public spaces, are actually pretty important. I don’t know backstories, but you have 2 people who perceive a trans woman as a man, see her in a women’s bathroom and think of her as a creep doing whatever. A little bit of violent streak and a little bit of defensiveness against unwanted sexual advances and you have a recipe for a horrible beating. Not saying that’s what happened.

To temper this video and to preempt the race issue, I grew up in new orleans and would antagonize straight folks, typically white, by dressing in drag. One day, I had to leave my usual stomping grounds without changing into something less in your face, to pick someone up on short notice. I stopped to get gas and a young black man yelled something at me that I took as a sarcastic insult, so i shouted back at him, all angry and stuff. Immediately he told me to calm down, that he was complimenting me on doing my own thing and that I;d taken it the wrong way. it was pretty fucking awesome and I still think about that moment when I start to feel unsafe in public. I heard a similar story from a trans man about his co-workers at a home depot. Long story short, we have more allies than we think. We just need them to speak up more often.

24. Yall probly already know this but the lgbt community is victimized in hate crimes at 6 times the rate of other minority groups(averaged) in the US. Total numbers wise, race makes up for 56% or so of all hate crimes, so it’s still the most frequent.

25. WeAreAllOne | May 2, 2011 at 3:38 pm |

I accidentally hit the “like” button when I meant to hit “reply” 🙁

26. someotherguy | May 2, 2011 at 3:42 pm |

You remove folks to prevent a trauma induced seizure.

27. it should have never got to the point where this person should be beaten to have a seizure, if anyone has the follow up on the story I would like to see it.

28. Anonymous | May 2, 2011 at 4:58 pm |

29. Anonymous | May 2, 2011 at 4:58 pm |

You sound real stupid. Someone should slap your zombie ass.

30. That was beyond fucked up. All of them, staff included should go to jail for at least a few months. They can do county time, I’m sure they know a lot of people in there anyway so the time won’t be too bad.

31. Anonymous | May 2, 2011 at 5:01 pm |

32. And of course they had to jump he/she. Not one of them could have seen he/she one on one cause they are cowards. What happened to live and let live? I guess that never really existed anyway.

• lilyboosh | May 2, 2011 at 2:23 pm |

It’s she, not “he/she”. Thank you.

• Calmate!

• lilyboosh | May 2, 2011 at 4:50 pm |

Use the pronouns that respect a person’s identity first. Need me to say it in Spanish too? Usa los pronombres correctos y respeta la identidad de la víctima.

• No, it’s definitely HE. HE had a penis, and was born as a MAN. HE is not a she because he dresses like a woman. Sorry.

• lilyboosh | May 3, 2011 at 3:58 pm |

Read some science before commenting, “Sb”. Lots for you to learn, lots of growing that infantile mind could do.

33. Anonymous | May 2, 2011 at 5:03 pm |

34. Black folks especially should be taking it easy when it comes to making fun of the gay community. I don’t think one chooses to be gay, maybe it happens on an occasion but why would anyone in this country choose a lifestyle that will get them treated in that manner. But blacks should remember, there was a time in this country when we were beaten like that just for being black. Ignorance is not bliss.

• She is trans, not gay. Huge difference.

• Sospecial | May 3, 2011 at 11:53 am |

No it’s not a huge difference. A transgender citizen will always be considered gay by the populice due to the circumstances of the Citizens actions.

Say The Transgender appears to be female but has male genitalia, if that person is completely straight then in the public’s view he would be a lesbian. Likewise for any straight Male Appearing transgenders. Is there anything wrong with their actions or the way they look, no there is not, but that is my opinion and some people have a pretty low opinion on people they see as gay and transgender.

There’s a pretty popular Atheist transgender on youtube that made a video on this subject, and I basically follow suit in his reasoning behind this.

35. emperorreagan | May 2, 2011 at 6:10 pm |

Baltimore also brought us the stop snitchin’ video: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Snitchin

Prosecutors regularly have trouble bringing charges here because people don’t testify. It’s no surprise that people are also unwilling to step in to a bad situation to defend someone else. I bet if the video didn’t surface, there would be no case because no one in that McDonald’s would have come forward, except for perhaps the one woman who did try to step in…

Also not surprising that this occurred because the African American community is openly hostile to the lgbt community. Baltimore’s traditionally black churches were instrumental in killing Maryland’s recent attempt to pass a bill to allow same-sex marriage.

36. emperorreagan | May 2, 2011 at 2:10 pm |

37. Anonymous | May 2, 2011 at 6:23 pm |

It’s she, not “he/she”. Thank you.

38. superfluous | May 2, 2011 at 7:09 pm |

seems to me that someone is actually trying to intervene. that someone deserves a medal of some kind – or recognition, at any rate.

39. superfluous | May 2, 2011 at 3:09 pm |

40. In this video, the victim gives an account of the incident that doesn’t seem suggestive of this having been a hate crime. Around 2:10 she says “I’m really appalled about how all my charges have been “broughten” on the internet. That has nothing to do with “what” the fight was caused.” She goes on to say “to tell you the truth they just seemed like they wanted to pick a fight that night.”

It seems as though it all began with one of the girls thinking that the victim was making a pass at her boyfriend.

41. In this video, the victim gives an account of the incident that doesn’t seem suggestive of this having been a hate crime. Around 2:10 she says “I’m really appalled about how all my charges have been “broughten” on the internet. That has nothing to do with “what” the fight was caused.” She goes on to say “to tell you the truth they just seemed like they wanted to pick a fight that night.”

42. Anonymous | May 2, 2011 at 8:45 pm |

Calmate!

43. Anonymous | May 2, 2011 at 8:50 pm |

44. fuckwits, our country, I hope you don’t represent the USA because that’s where I reside. I can’t stand for this ignorant crap I see on youtube, but I’ll tell you, it’s not the race, it’s not the country; it is the f-ing power structure that would make us stupid and 400 families rich. Yes, these bitches need to be shot and given the chance I’d be the one to take their lives. However, wasting my time with the run off of the new world order would negate all the training and pain I’ve invested. We need to organize. We (everyone but the rich) need to recognize that for our children and ourselves we need to stop Monsanto, GE, Sarcos of Raytheon, iRobot, foster miller, Goldman Sachs, and all the other psychopaths that would watch us starve without empathy. Write to adaugeo@hotmail.com (earth rising/increasing @…) to pledge your support and state your capability. We’ll train the capable to find the power within to become inspirations to the rest. Only those with prior combat training will be allowed to fulfill their abilities within the specific area of interest. This is not PE class enrollment. This is not a joke. This is the only opportunity of enrollment you will find on this forum and is the beginning of a new Dawn.

45. JOHNNY F.NORMAL | May 3, 2011 at 2:30 am |

PEOPLE = SHIT

46. HE probably deserved it.

47. She is trans, not gay. Huge difference.

48. Sospecial | May 3, 2011 at 3:53 pm |

49. No, it’s definitely HE. HE had a penis, and was born as a MAN. HE is not a she because he dresses like a woman. Sorry.

50. That’s a MAN, baby!

51. Anonymous | May 3, 2011 at 7:58 pm |

Read some science before commenting, “Sb”

52. Anonymous | May 3, 2011 at 7:59 pm |

No she’s not but you *are* a troll.

53. justagirl | May 4, 2011 at 1:50 pm |