My God — It’s Full of Stars! (Video)

Video made from images by Stephane Guisard and Jose Francisco Salgado at the Very Large Telescope:

16 Comments on "My God — It’s Full of Stars! (Video)"

1. Grooveboss | May 30, 2011 at 1:09 pm |

They need to turn that thing around and look at ME ME ME ME.

2. Grooveboss | May 30, 2011 at 9:09 am |

They need to turn that thing around and look at ME ME ME ME.

3. It makes me sad when I realize that that this used to be the station that all humans used to watch every night. Everyone had the same show, and there were no lies.

4. It makes me sad when I realize that that this used to be the station that all humans used to watch every night. Everyone had the same show, and there were no lies.

• Astronomer's Future Wife | May 30, 2011 at 2:15 pm |

I’m sad I never see this station, ever, year in, year out. I just see a blank orange haze – and that only if I bother to look upwards at night. We’ve been robbed. My only hope is to marry an astronomer and live happily ever after in the desert.

• goodnitemoon | May 31, 2011 at 7:25 am |

romanticizing the past is its own kind of lie.  A clear view of the heavens won’t save us from our lesser angels.

5. Astronomer's Future Wife | May 30, 2011 at 6:15 pm |

6. Anonymous | May 30, 2011 at 9:17 pm |

I remember lying on the beach in middle of the night on Hilton Head island. The sky was so clear (not as clear as this video) -it felt as though I would fall into the sky. It was thrilling, shocking and more beautiful than anything I’ve ever seen. Awsome is a pale word for it.

We’ve blinded the human race from such beauty with our smog. What a waste not to see be able to see what an awsome place the universe is… and not to recognize our place within it.

7. GoodDoktorBad | May 30, 2011 at 5:17 pm |

8. goodnitemoon | May 31, 2011 at 11:25 am |

9. Who plays the music? What is that band’s name?

10. Who plays the music? What is that band’s name?

11. The Large and Small Magellanic Clouds visible at 2:35. You Northern Hemisphere guys won’t know these!

12. Martin Hayes | May 31, 2011 at 6:50 pm |

13. Mcsquared8 | Jun 1, 2011 at 3:23 am |

Who did the cool music for this?  The music was as cool as the visuals and matched perfectly. What is the name of that band???

14. Mcsquared8 | May 31, 2011 at 11:23 pm |